GeForce Game Ready Driver 376.19 WHQL download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maur0, Dec 5, 2016.

1. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    No difference at all here. At least cannot notice any.

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Has anyone been getting errors like this "Unhandled exception at 0x000000006048F0F0 (nvoglv64.dll) in Substance Painter 2.exe: Fatal program exit requested." with the new drivers? My wife's suddenly having this problem with substance painter 2 which was extremely stable before these drivers, obviously going to try rolling back and seeing if that helps.

3. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Thank you maur0 :)

4. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified

5. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Someone posted something similar to this on the BF1 forums. All who tried the older driver saw no difference.

It's the old story, Just because it works on someone else's PC doesn't mean it will work on every ones PC.

One person, is just not enough data to form an hypotheses.

6. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    BF1 crashed to blueish screen. First time ever.

7. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    me too, 376.09 running better

8. emsir

emsir Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    So your point is the same! Why releasing new drivers if there is nothing new?
    I simply don't get it. New drivers every week is stupid and just satisfies driver freaks and keeps this forum alive. No improvement or new SLI profiles. Just read the posts after every new drivers. People complaining about the same issues.

And I have the same issue with new drivers. I have 3 machines with the auto update enabled in Nvidia Geforce Experience. When doing work I am interrupted every time new drivers are available. Stupid! And yes i know I can disable Auto Update.....and I did after several times of interrupting my work.

Nvidia is just releasing drivers because AMD is doing the same. AMD calls it HOT fixes. Stupid! Nvidia calls it Game Ready drivers....stupid too. I have checked some of drivers with DOOM....and guess what? Older drivers works just great. No improvement or anything else with newer drivers.
    New drivers once a month is more than enough.......so you driver freaks can live a normal life just like everybody else. You won't notice any difference in performance or other issues you may have, if Nvidia releases new drivers once every month or even longer.

I know there wil be a LOT of replies to this post, but just this: I will not answer ANY reply. I made my point. Live with it or leave it. Have a nice day!

9. dexterav

dexterav Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    i supose no repair Folding in this driver ?

10. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW3
    you should live by your own advice and spare other people from your useless rant posts.

-andy-

11. narsnail

narsnail Guest

Anyone else overclock dial back significantly with these drivers? I had to drop my core overclock by 10Mhz(not terrible), but my memory clock dropped from 800 to 500. I didn't see any real improvements @ those clocks in games and my system seems more stable. Strange though.

On an MSI GTX 1070 Seahawk X.

12. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    For me this is a new one because i\m also trying the dx 12 mode for fermi with 358.70 driver.
    Again, i am talking about a year old driver which is giving better performance on that very map. Strange.

In the other hand at forest map performance with the old driver is same crap as we have at edge right now with the new set of drivers.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  13. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yet you posted a link from a guy with a 1080 video card?

You know he had to modify that driver to even work on his card? That the 368.39 afaik was the first driver to support the 1080, released to the public. That by doing what he did he is risking damaging his card?!

That he also had to mod BF1 because we all know BF1 has a new driver requirement, that it won't start on older drivers. Right.

Now your just talking nonsense.

I have had zero issues with the new drivers. Try trying the new drivers on a modern system and get back to us.

14. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I think you just mixing up things here.
    First, i try to run dx 12 mode on fermi card(gtx 580) with an alpha state driver with many applications i can. I am kinda behind and limited due to the fact of lack of nvidia dx 12 support. Ask them about it.
    Second. It does not damage the card what i use . That is a fact, i am using it without a problem .
    BF1 edge map has an fps and stutter/lag issue after the patch. Funny thing is, if i use a 1 year old driver to play on that map, i got much better experience. The game runs butter smooth, compare to the latest drivers. This issue has been reported by thousand of users.
    Users saying it is dice issue but it is not true. Nvidia has to work on the problem too. Dice also made something which is causing fps loss but the stutter and lag problem is on nvidia side. Proven by only to change the driver.

If you still don't believe me about that map , read the comments here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...fps-on-empires-edge-since-this-mornings-patch
    Lot more webpages covering the same issue.

This guy is getting worst fps then i have :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WujU7CFfBHs

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  15. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What does any of this have to do with a driver directed at modern PC's and not toasters.

Your System including the CPU and video card are below minimum specs for BF1.

Of course your having issues.

Step out of the past and purchase a PC capable of running modern applications and you won't have these issues.

End of story.

16. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    You think my system is below but it is not:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sUN2ewYDhs
    According to dice/ea i should not run this game on this performance level :D
    Actually i do :D
    In multiplayer mode 1080p@low i got around 140 fps, med settings@around 100 fps. High@70-90 fps :D

Even doom almost maxed out running very well and giving 960 performance level:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi22vnsSTVA
    vs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5cb5yoiJPI

If you don't like the level of performance , tell nvidia to stop selling 950/960/1050/1050Ti.

So what exactly you trying to say?

17. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, your well below min specs according to DICE, so of course your having issues.

I have decided to put you on ignore since your a dense as a rock.

18. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Did you check the videos? :D
    Very hard to ignore the facts, even if you want to.

GTX 580 just behind GTX 970 with 30-40 fps .

I can feel the anger of pascal user that an old and dusty card is capable to deliver such a performance.

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Which can be quite a lot, especially beyond 1080p.

Silly statement.
    I bet he didn't check your video, must say your card runs the two games pretty well @ 1080p, you can't stick to the old driver until Nvidia gets it fixed?

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    How do you figure? His CPU is up there and his gtx580 is more powerful than 660 and 7850. So hes above the minimum.