Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    After rebooting, I tried WD2 again. This time worked fine, but after changing settings, going back to the menu, reloading a game, it flickered black once (bad sign). Game ran, but after quitting the game and being back on my desktop, the top of my screen would flicker.

These drivers seem to have some issues, at the very least with the 390, and based on reports here most likely related to voltage.

Edit: Tried it again, issue appeared once more. It happens every time I quit WD2. I reset my drivers with Radeonmod to make the problem go away. Top of the screen keeps flickering otherwise.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Game testing update: Motorsports Forza Horizon 3 performance went up 6~10 fps , NFS 2016 performance went up 5~8 fps , DiRT Rally performance went up 5~8 fps. Overall a nice free boost in performance for this 4 year old 290x , best purchase ever Hawai 290X the vga that keeps on giving :D , is like wine !

3. Wolfehunter

Wolfehunter Guest

Only issue I'm having is being locked out of my MSI Afterburner 4.20's Fan speed presets?

Anyone else having this problem?

Updated to Version 4.30 and this gives me Black screen of death. This new Drivers doesn't like Msi afterburner. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016
  4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Its working fine for me , and for a lot of people i read on the internet, so something else is wrong! :)

Of course! why not?! lol..

5. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    This driver introduced a nasty bug. It introduces screen flicker at 144hz. Have anyone experienced this. I fix it running the panel at 120hz.

6. Mere

Mere Guest

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500
    JonasBeckman

I'm getting strange freezes(1-3 seconds) in Dishonored 2 when recording. Could you test how it records for you?

I tried 30 fps and 60 fps but there was little to no difference.

It looked as if GPU was overloaded with tasks(rendering the game + encoding the gameplay)

Other games work fine.

7. Titan29

Titan29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 | 7900XTX
    Has AMD gotten rid of the old CCC with this update?
    I remember some display settings were only available in the old interface and were not migrated to the new UI.

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nope, but the custom resolution settings have been moved to the new control panel.

9. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I haven't had any permanent screen flicker on my desktop or while running a game, with my 144hz monitor.

I got a flicker at the top of my screen when shutting down a game/issues that seem to be related to the voltage of the card+drivers. Unsure of this yet.

10. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Yes. That's it. The flickering happens when exiting a game, but not ingame. But that flicker won't go away in the desktop unless I restart.

11. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    I haven't updated to these drivers yet but they recently moved it under "Preferences". Look for "Radeon Additional Settings".

12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It won't open for me any more.

13. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Alright, then yup I get it too. I've been removing it by using Radeonmod and the "restart driver" button. Definitely annoying.
    I sent a bug report talking about it and voltage issues related to the 390.

14. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    The previous driver is flawless, never had those issues.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    At a guess it's probably the VRAM that is being exceeded thus causing stuttering as it has to swap more data around.

In my experience at least it's been pretty easy to get very close to 3.5 - 4 GB VRAM usage in most of the newer game releases especially since I'm at a resolution of 2560x1440
    (Dishonored 2 is prone to random stuttering and slowdowns in general though, probably pretty heavy on both the GPU and the CPU.)

Going to be interesting to see what AMD can do with the upcoming VEGA 10 and 11 GPU models, HBM2 would both allow for higher capacity (8 GB to 32 GB or some such, guessing 8 will be the more common early on and perhaps 16 but we'll see when they finally start announcing some actual details I suppose.) and it is likely also faster.

16. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    +2 - I also have the same problem.
    I tested rigorously at stock clocks and everything was running butter smooth , then i went ahead reinstalled AB to dial in my highest stable overclock but afterburner does not work for me anymore :/ , clocks do not stick and no voltage control.

17. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I've checked on the reddit of the driver release are there are some other people experiencing the same issue, although only one of them have their card displayed which is an RX 480, so at least I'm not the only one.

I'll file a bug report later on tonight.

18. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I agree, I never had this specific issue with any of the previous drivers. And seeing my screen flicker like this is unnerving.

I tested, and using Afterburner 4.3.0 Beta FINAL works for me.
    Using Beta 4 or previous versions doesn't work.

19. Wolfehunter

Wolfehunter Guest

on amd forums others are experiencing this. Apparently wattman is blocking any third party programs. Some GPU-Z users aren't seeing proper altered clock readings. Yet in Wattman it shows correctly. I'll have to reinstall earlier ATI drivers so I can use MSI AB. I'm not using wattman because I don't have AMD processors. I use I7 with an ATI vid card.

Pretty ****ty on AMD side to do this in my opinion.

ok found a way to fix it.

You need to reset MSI Afterburner. Find the directory and Delete MSIAfterburner.cfg and in Profiles folder aswell. This should reset MSI its working for me now. At least for the Fan settings. :banana:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016
  20. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

can't oc HBM on my furyx even with msi ab... :(