Adaptive vsync with half refresh rate - is that possible with a AMD card?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by kaputt, Dec 4, 2016.

1. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Yes. It even reduces input lag in Doom 4 running at 120FPS/120Hz vsync, even though 120Hz vsync input lag is low to begin with.

And usually, in-game frame limiters reduce input lag more. But obviously not every game has one. Prime example here are Unreal Engine games. Playing Paladins for example with the in-game limiter active (*.ini file edit) with vsync on feels virtually the same as vsync off when it comes to input lag, except you get vsync and thus no tearing.

2. kaputt

kaputt Guest

I did the trick with Radeon Mod and it seemed to reduce the lag. However, I could not do the thing with RTSS, because the games crash with RadeonPro and RTSS running at the same time. Have you guys ever heard of this problem? Well, even if I can't do this other tweak, I'm fine with the way the games are playing now,the lag is not bothering me :)

3. repcak11

repcak11 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270x
    What's better RadeonPRO or RTSS?

4. deathroned

deathroned Guest

GPU:
    OP if you have a Free sync Monitor/ Display try Low Frame rate Compensation or LFC

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    They both "hook" processes, so usually they won't work together. Try to use RadeonPro if it works, since it includes the double vsync functionality and the frame limiter. In some games it detects double the frames (the actual framerate is 30, but it shows 60), but that's more of a counting issue, so you can still make all the frame limiters work.

6. gran172

gran172 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2060 6Gb
    Hey, so i just created an account to say that it is possible to use RP and RTSS/MSI AB at the same time without crashing.

Simply close RTSS/MSI AB, open RP and re-open RTSS/MSI AB, that's what works for me at least. If it's still not working, try turning off unified GPU usage monitoring and/or low level io driver

7. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    You can find your system's PATH variable by right clicking on the Start Button and selecting System --> Advanced System Settings on the left --> Advanced tab --> Environment Variables button --> Select the Path line from "System Variables" and press Edit. The 12noon Display Changer folder should be in there (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer), if it's not, add it.

add which one i mean file dc64.exe or just folder C:\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer\ and then name it ?

so beside the 50 hz tweak and amd i wanna just force my monitor to run 75hz in all so can you make cmd for bat for me to force 75 hz and other command to force resolution thankyou bro :)

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    In the bat you can just change the refresh rate to whatever your monitor supports. Just change the refresh number.

As for the system PATH, it only contains folders that have the programs, so in that case it would be C:\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer\, since that folder contains the dc64.exe you want to use system-wide.

9. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    nice :thumbup:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017