RX480 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Stukov, Jun 29, 2016.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Any actual information instead of a generic link? Any forum thread with people actually doing this? Wattages? Temps? An AMD FX CPU can also run at 6GHz, that doesn't make it very special.

2. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
  3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Unfortunately for the reviewer, all that hard work making the review probably won't mean much if the new AMD driver is real and is as good as suggested. It would likely push the RX 480 out in front in instances where it doesn't currently, and extend their lead in cases where it is currently in front.

4. These generic links do contain valuable info. It just takes time to find people who run 2.7 2.8ghz on 1080. I have seen these scores on hwbot leaderboards but i am not bookmarking every link.

This is some info from back when 1080 was just released, like 2-3 days after the release. Later, one of the OC`ers did say that liquid nitrogen was an overkill for this card unless you push 2.7+ higher.

Code:
    Cards cooled by liquid nitrogen during this guide testwork were able to run 1.35-1.4V, reaching speeds over 2500 Mhz.
    https://xdevs.com/guide/pascal_oc/

[​IMG]

1080 2.5ghz =980ti at 2ghz

This is all done with modified not native BIOS`es like from 980Ti HOF edition. Which is wrong. Until the native BIOS remains to be locked not much info gonna pop up about the OC`ing of Pascals as it is really hit or miss with non native BIOSes.

The arch is relatively new to the market so dont expect everything to unfold instantaneously.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    No, but i like HW Canucks :)

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    That bios tweaker won't matter to almost all of the customers that have NV gpus tho. It will matter to people trying to get everything out of their gpus for sure.

Watching that Watch Dogs review that 480 seems to be 1220mhz on avg and the 1060 being 1850mhz on avg in this case the 1060 is stronger for sure even when both ocd to max but 480 would gain more from that oc.

7. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    So with "normal" cooling, even with bios mods, the ceiling was 2-2.2GHz?

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    What are you even talking about boy? That a 1060 @ 2050 is a bit slower then 980ti @ 1215mhz? Why did you even bring something like that up?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  9. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Spec me a rx 470 oc champion , one of the rig may want to have this card. I will test it for fun in my rig as well before i install it to the final one.

This year terrible nv driver support made that person to go on amd.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016

10. ln2 is 2.7ghz +.

this is not maxwell or amd that heat the whole house.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Oh dear God he's in here too.

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    But for actual use, current air-cooled cards get 95% of the maximum usable performance, right? So for an actual user, not an extreme overclocker running tests on LN2, Pascal cards are practically maxed, bios editor or no bios editor, right?

So what's your point exactly?

13. Just wait for PASCAL Bios Tweaker. Will see for yourself :)

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    You're talking rubbish. Bring some proof to the table or go home.

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Didn't you just say that people who have it already, get 2.5GHz on LN2? Which means almost nothing for normal users?

So what will change if I wait and see?