Dead Rising 4 PC version still happening?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DualCORE1, Nov 30, 2016.

1. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I picked it up for the xbox 1 yesterday and love it. I'm waiting for the Steam version for the PC but its one of my favorite series so I wanted to play it now.

2. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    i have frame-drops , when move to a new area(from 50fps to 30 fps) , its ok the optimization , but i hope capcom fix this , i have installed the game on a ssd .

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Sorry but I wouldn't expect any miracles in your case. You're running out of vram and system ram, also cpu power.. MT engine likes cpu threads - especially by very crowded zombie areas.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB

5. Adexus

Adexus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLi
    That's what I thought too but there's only borderless and windowed and running it in borderless with Vsync off just makes it tear :(

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Game updated for me last me last night but I haven't noticed any differences in performance or visuals while playing.

I did get a few bizarre glitches though, including one where I drove a vehicle into what appeared to be an empty street only for a couple of hundred zombies suddenly materialize in front of me when I got out of the car (a streaming bug?). I also had an NPC disappear right before my eye at a Safe House as I approached her to check out what clothes she was selling. That isn't unusual though... the Dead Rising games have always been a bit rough around the edges compared with other open world games.

9. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    Runs a little better for me with the new patch .

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, what is the actual verdict on this one?
    PC release wise. There really hasn't been a lot of talk about it.

I hope to see Capcom release it on STEAM once the 90 day MS timed exclusivity is over, but, curious as to how it's turned out. Options, performance... and all that fun stuff.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    They've released I think two(?) patches for the Win10 store version but I'm waiting on the Steam release myself since it's confirmed it'll be available once this three month exclusivity period is done with.
    (Pretty sure they've also released some DLC, probably very likely that those will be sold separately on Steam rather than being bundled directly with the game.)

Seems to have a pretty good amount of options but I know next to nothing on how it performs on PC.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, normally when newer games come out... there are different youtube channels that do in depth analysis of performance, memory usage and such.

I can't find a single video that really focuses on the PC Win10 version.
    A few that focus on the Xbone version, and some simple "I've got this hardware, here's a video of it running" type videos.

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i have the windows store ver.

total garbage , the fullscreen is a fake one and looks so stretched on a big TV

not mention never holding 60fps @ 1440p on my rig which is a joke

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah Win10 store apps usually only do windowed or borderless due to something with the whole app thing and how that works.

Performance sounds a bit problematic then as does that problem with scaling.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Seems the Win10 version does not use DX12. It runs in DX11.
    So, it's doubtful a STEAM version would perform much differently.

Also, I've been searching/reading a lot of PC port reports from various websites. And the majority of them are stating smooth performance. Able to maintain a FPS of 60 and up. And, with plenty of options to adjust to improve performance.
    With a few sites stating that changing settings from Very high to lower settings can improve performance drastically.

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Another sh1t port.. Go figure.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Was Dead Rising 3 a poor port as well, don't think these devs have the best track record.
    Sure I remember that even the X1 version was 720/30.

A shame though, as fun games.

Reading around it does sound like this has been done better than DR3 though.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It varies, sometimes it's done by a more experienced PC development team like QLOC (Dragons Dogma, Dead Rising 1 which was finally released on PC.) and sometimes it's done by others.

Not too sure on who did the Dead Rising 3 port, if this is using MT Framework and it's still mostly by Capcom internally it might end up in a similar state although I think they've understood that a bit and are trying to improve.

The Resident Evil 7 demo did pretty OK on PC though HBAO+ was a bit heavy but that was solved in a update shortly after the demos release.
    (That's on a completely different "RE Engine" or some such though and the demo takes place in a confined single house consisting of a few separate rooms.)

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Was meaning Capcom Vancouver, rather than Capcom in general.

Don't think those guys have done much more than the DR games.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's said it's using an updated version of the same engine Dead Rising 3 used.