AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.5 drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 28, 2016.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Profile and settings under "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AMD" (Also has shader cache files if that is enabled, curiously the DXCache folder is deleted when you install new drivers but the GLCache one is left untouched.) and "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ATI" (Usually doesn't contain anything, created whenever a new driver is installed.)

And also "C:\ProgramData\ATI" and "C:\Program Files\AMD" plus "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD" together with the AMD folder in the Common Files folder there. (True Audio and decoder related files in that one, main ones contain the CCCSlim / CNext control panel software and the AMD installer software plus some log files and other data.)

In addition to that there's a ton of registry entries but I have little knowledge on all of those and there's the various Windows folders and files which can be tricky to clean out. (Delete AMD* flat and you'll also kill integrated drivers that came with the OS itself, need to be careful about these and it's complicated further if you have very old files from drivers that are no longer in use, they don't do anything problematic tho but they're there.)

EDIT: DDU can help (Display Driver Uninstaller.) but make sure to do at least a system restore point before you run it just in case something does not go as expected (Something that shouldn't be deleted gets deleted, Windows not finding the GPU again in the device manager, OS not booting properly even into safe-mode yeah there's various risks even if the software is very robust but every OS is different and then there's different drivers and other software from one system to another.)

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Relax and enjoy the ride.

3. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    If this Uber driver exists(I'm sure it will leak somewhere :D ) and we have to wait it 1 week, I can live with that.

4. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Let them polish those anniversary drivers, I don't want an unstable crap like late GeForce drivers.

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Please, feel free to switch over to $$NVIDIA$$ and go. Buh-bye.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you're really running a 6990....you have no reason to bitch. You're not exactly supporting AMD.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    +1 Yes :)

Its anniversary one -> They give it out when Ready ...

8. moaka

moaka Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I remember 15.12 Omega had many bugs , stuck with 15.11 for 2 month like a lot of fury owners .

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  9. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    First world problems.

10. moaka

moaka Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    My friend have a 1070 and no problems with Gforce Driver , 50% of time the problem is behind the keyboard , not the driver .

11. Keno34

Keno34 Member Guru

GPU:
    R290 1150/1600

Got and R290 for 2 years now.Most of you use the Pc to play,but i'm also 3D artist so i use my grapical card for other thing than play.Amd made a lot of publicity on AMD card running Vray,thanks to opencl with drivers that cut perf by 2 from release to release...The truth,it as been pain in the ass on AMD side to use an AMD card with Vray or most of "Gpu Render",then the Opengl drivers perf on Maya/Blender/Mari...
    AMD made me believe since the 6990 than Opencl gone work good for 3D software,just wait guys...Ok buy a r290 thrust AMD,2 years after that,things just started to work slowwwly and buggy as F.
    The infamous R290 idle black screen bug,still here...Got to remove ULPS!!!
    I'm buying AMD since the 4850 series...
    Amd whant polished drivers,send them to a team of selected gameplayers,send it to the community who use it,with the most differents configurations,wait for feedback...Why journalist i dont get it,you whant publicity for your drivers? Do good drivers update often gamers gone talk about it!
    I dont give a F about AMD / Nvidia !
    I whant a card that deliver what i'ved been advertise for...Like those game downgrade!

12. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I can relate to what Keno34 says, if you are into professional 3D work, AMD is simply a no go and if you still argue on this then you're in denial. But that's general knowledge really, you can't blame AMD for that if you expect proprietary add-ons to work/be optimized for OpenCL when it's centered around CUDA.

With that out of the way, I fail to see the connection of what this has anything to do with AMD giving Journalists early access to their Omega Crimson Drivers or Anniversary Drivers or whatever this special edition of drivers is called. This is how it's supposed to work as these Journalists are the people who does the hard work of doing the Beta Testing for them and can be trusted to maintain NDA and I am quite sure that these drivers are still work in progress meaning bugs are being ironed out once reported. I am not sure what the gripe is about, AMD has provided necessary driver updates till now.

Now this bit of my post is for PrMinisterGR and AlleyViper.

I think I have found an interesting twist regarding the Idle clock bug.

I experimentally set Flash as the default video player for Youtube and didn't experience the Idle bug for awhile. Then I reverted back to HTML5 and I still don't have the Idle clock bug. Maybe it's something that's worth looking into?

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Hm, that's interesting. Does it trigger if you use UWP video apps (like PerfectTube/Unstream)?

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Where is the Oculus touch game ready driver? WHY AMD? OMG!

*Im JOKING*

15. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    tnx for the info i will try it...
    Im having trouble with ddu having freeze/stuck while installing... for now i will not use ddu may be soon... tnx have a nice day...:hatty::hatty::hatty:

16. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    The presentation for the new divers got leaked, wattman for more cards and many things more "Crimson Relive"

17. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    //nevermind

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti

Its happening! :banana:

19. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Yep, it gets triggered if I use PerfecTube.

20. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Where can we see it?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016