AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.5 drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 28, 2016.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    LOL :banana:

I like that mystery that is surounding this new OMEGA 2016 :)

And Yes, ATI/AMD stated that they will give us Big Great Driver [OMEGA] every Year -> I like that :thumbup: to...

2. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Was a dev issue and it looks like they solved it.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to read the 3rd page :bang:

3. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    We need more Info on this Omega. I want more features in Crimson like NV Inspector.

4. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    hello guys, so i was updating drrivers to my sons computer that has my old 7950, and on instalarion i get this new INSTALL PROFILES, but is not checked by def, should i enable or not?

last time i installed crimson drivers this was not on list, many thanks!

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Yes, as it will setup internal driver optimizations for games, especially for those using Crossfire.

As for Darksiders Warmastered Edition, I downloaded it and running the non-beta. (New patch is in both iirc) Performance on my 390 (1100/1600) / i7 950@3.8GHz is a very nice 75 fps running through the beginning city fights. (all game settings maxed/enabled FSAA 16x Aniso Vsync enabled) 16.11.5 drivers Win10 AU standard ring

Just to confirm for others and warlord that his gameplay should be perfectly fine. If it is not, then I'd start looking into his OS / driver setup with chipset first.

6. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Probably won't matter, from what i understand its a revival of the amd CAP profiles, so that if amd makes a better profile you don't have to install a newer driver,

If you are using the driver included in the package it will already have the updated profiles.

7. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I would like to mention that I found the fix for this issue. What I did was, I went into the Retail folder where the executable is located, and then I moved the "PSOCache.bin" file somewhere else, or you could just rename the file to "PSOCache.bin.bak" and voila! No more crashes! Spread the word around.

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Did it recreate it after? Is that some kind of a shader cache? Is shader cache enabled on Crimson panel for it? I'll try it now! :D:nerd:

EDIT: I tried it and it seems to have worked! Even more weird was that the game didn't recreate the file as I expected. I'll probably revert to DX11 though, because unfortunately there is no double vsync under DX12, and the RTSS frame limiter is not as smooth as double vsync.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  9. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    It's the Shader Cache generated from the game itself, and I noticed that it didn't get recreated too, probably the deletion leads the device driver to handling it, or probably it isn't needed at all anymore. Double buffered VSync works for me in DX12 too.. I am not sure what's wrong with it on your end though. Sometimes, having a 768p monitor can be a blessing as I can turn the resolution down and achieve a steady 77 FPS everywhere with a little OC and tweaking the details. :D

Now here's something I'd like you to check: Run HWInfo64 in the background, leave it there and play the game, see the amount of memory errors you get after a play session, specially DX12. I think I am on to something here.

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Hmm, I have this file PSOCache.bin (~75MB) and Game working OK in DX12.
    I have similar results in DX11 and DX12 (Yes the winner is DX12 with ~2-4FPS Better Low/Average)
    Also in DX12 Game 'feels' less Heavy :nerd:

I have 1920:1440 All Ultra/High CHS ON (only 1 FPS difference) and Shadows on Med.

FPS = 40Low/62Max/50Average (with Limiter to 61FPS)

Deus Ex Mankind Divided Tech Analysis/ PC Graphics Comparison

This is my Today Run (Options used are Higher, Bench. is OK but game not so much ;) but Playable )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. mirh

mirh Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
    3% is 3%, no way that's ever going to be massive.
    And just for the records it's completely explainable with these patches released by microsoft (included by default in W8 and W10 then)
    You can see tests here and here.
    That's the famous "amd fixing their dx11 overhead" so much discussed lately.
    Then, there are some unconfirmed reports over synthetic benchmarks (that may or may not be result of newer WDDM) but I wouldn't really bet on it.

12. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    [​IMG]

- running via Win10 Insider Build 14971
    - not much difference..

13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WDDM 2.1 crash-to-desktop issues on some dx9 games were solved by Microsoft in the last monthly update...

14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I haven't checked with HWInfo64, but I will. What I meant with "double vsync", was the Double Vsync from RadeonPro. I can't take hitching, and since I can't hit a reliable minimum 50fps, I go for double vsynced 30fps with everything on max.

Onna my guess is that DX12 is better for you due to your CPU. Here it's actually slower than DX11.

15. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    The higher the settings I use in Deus Ex, the lower I benefit from DX12.
    With a mix of High/Ultra settings, switching to DX12 gives me around 10% bonus. Getting me from 50 average to 55 average.

When running at the lowest possible settings, switching to DX12 gives me around 30% bonus. The biggest benefit from DX12 in Deus Ex, regardless of settings, has been better minimum fps. It doesn't go nearly as low as with DX11.

AMD 390, i5 4690k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb 2400mhz ram, on HDD.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yes, i know that :)
    DX12 is better in All games that i have played so far....

Are you exited? You will be ! ---> YES I am :banana: DX12 FTW

17. Keno34

Keno34 Member Guru

GPU:
    R290 1150/1600
    So...press got the driver,but we costumer not...!?What the **** is wrong with this world?
    All is about marketing,actualy more than the product itself!!!
    Nvidia isn't making annoncement for drivers they ****ing do it and give it as fast as possible to us!
    So who's the genius at AMD who decided, oh we gone give the driver to the journalist first?Journalist just gone try it on 10 games and that's it,99% of the feedback is US!!!
    sorry AMD but i'm starting to get bored,as a gamer,as a 3D artist...
    Next card NVIDIA!
    Sorry but i need a working hardware and software for gaming and professional stuff.
    everything is not perfect at Nvidia side,but it works...Cuda rules on the rendering engine world.I was thinking that AMD gone get back in the race with Dx12 but the reality is i dont think so anymore.By the time AMD got a good card against the 1080, nvidia gone be ready for dx12 and nail it AGAIN!

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    They have provided 5 drivers, earlier than NVIDIA, in November alone. This kind of whining is completely unproductive.

19. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    It's happenes because of they have to do a lot with their crappy drivers, so evry package seems like small Xmas for us :banana: Absurd? I guess so, but I'm not even mad.

20. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    Is there any left over files or folder that are need to delete manually when uninstalling old drivers and install new one??? :eek:neeye:

can you give some tips guys where are the location of this files and folder i just want to make it sure that my system is clean from left over items when i need to install new amd driver tnx... :kiss: