Watch Dogs 2 Requirements and PC Specific Features!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I checked Hilberts preview and an 57 fps average at 1440p seems pretty bad if you ask me :cry:

2. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Any luck with some tools by Gibbed?

Would love to see some soon, Disrupt was heavily moddable. Same file structure. Since its pretttty much dunia which is cryenggine.

Would love to see some working config tweaks too.

3. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Any XML tweaks or launch commands that are confirmed working?

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I just read your link, and the post doesn't make any sense.

I thought the game was DX11 only, but he claims DX12.

Also, he is looking for a DX12 SLI profile, something that doesn't exist.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, to be fair, I haven't played that much. It runs ok so far but as you say, 57 FPS at 1440P is not great at all.

6. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    On every card you need to put Extra Details Off and have a boost fps.

https://youtu.be/4vqGsHaMbsU?t=3m31s

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm assuming a much higher framerate could be had by disabling most of the Ultra settings though.

It's only an issue if no matter what you disable, you can't increase performance.

8. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It is DX12 as far as I know, and his post makes perfect sense, he is saying that the profile is making it look like the GPUs are working when they are, in fact, not at all.

I can definitely confirm that playing with SLI enabled/disabled makes absolutely no difference.

Whether his (the posters) assessment is correct or not I couldn't say, but SLI is not working even though the profile is making it look as though they are both under load.

9. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Its just released,need some patches to improve performance.
    The game looks good,dont know about gameplay,but still wait for low price. :)

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If that's the case then fair enough, but when the assessment is wrong it tends to make me assume it's user error, so need more clarification.

Thanks for the info.

Travelling home on a train, but the first 30 seconds makes it look like the performance hit from Ultra to Max is huge.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah agreed on the clarification, all I can say from my end is that SLI is not working and that those bits make it look like it is, hopefully more info will follow :)

12. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Game is dx11..don't know why you think that it's dx12, it was meant to be dx12 also but taht plan dropped if I remember correctly.

Ofc the sli bit is a joke..0x00000005 is just for using -up to- 4 gpus, not running optimized though.

I haven't tried any other bits yet, has anyone ?

13. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I stand corrected on the DX version but it was widely touted as a DX12 game which is why many just assumed it was.

At any rate, SLI does not work and as you point out, the profile is not even a profile, that was the point I wanted to get across.

Cheers :)

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 175W
    The game is unplayable when temporal filtering is disabled, even when i lower settings.
    But i have to admit, they did an damn amazing job, the difference is hard to see but you do see a bit more jaggies wich you can fix with SMAA + reshade's SMAA mixed together.

Also had 1 crash and some lag spikes when i'm driving fast wich can be annoying.

The game is so so much better then the first one, i really enjoy it!

EDIT: Very interesting! someone found a hidden trailer IN the game of a possible new Ubisoft game. Here's his quote:

THERE’S A HIDDEN UBISOFT TRAILER FOR A POSSIBLY REAL GAME

At some point you’ll stumble across a pedestrian talking to his boss about how a leak won’t happen. On the other end of the phone you’ll hear someone say, “Remember Unity, Syndicate, etc”? Turns out the guy’s a Ubisoft employee and there’s a new trailer behind closed doors at the Ubisoft SF offices. Yes, they’re in the game, and yes you’ll hack into their camera system and download the mysterious trailer. What follows is a really rough cut marked “INTERNAL USE ONLY” that seems to focus on space exploration and perhaps some tragedy or another. Is it a real game they’re working on? Who knows, but they’ve got our attention and if it is real, that’s some really clever viral marketing.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  15. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    I played Watch Dogs 2 last night with the Ultra High-Res or High-Res Texture Pack in 4K.

While I had to adjust some Settings, it Looks very good! It runs smooth on my System and I really like the Game.

I kinda have to admit, I love those Characters so far, the World is colorful with some very nice graphics. It feels sometimes like GTAV.

After I finished the first Mission I went on a cruise and screwed around with People on the streets, which was a lot of fun. Finally I was able to flee from the Police which was in the first Watch Dogs almost impossible, unless you got on a boat and drive away.

The only downside which I have currently is the Keymapping. I loved the Keymapping from FarCry4 where the same Actions took over from "On Foot" to Vehicles,etc...however not here..It took me around 30 minutes in getting the keymapping done.

Game for me is a big thumbs up, considering it's a UbiSoft Game! Hope they can improve on the Performance a bit, but I can really recommend it. The guy with the Display Visor is amazing and something new, love it!

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    'Member Berries are Templars.

17. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    I have a 4k TV and I am getting black bars on the sides on menus and cut scenes when running in fullscreen mode. however during gameplay its OK

anyway to resolve this issue

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What's your target FPS? Checking at the performance reviews, 4K Ultra on a Titan gives like 30fps.

19. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    I would Need to check this, I don't use any Tools for FPS. I got it however running smoothly...all Settings are on Ultra except I played around with the last few Options to achieve a smooth experience.

I can make screenshots from my Settings tonight if you wish.

20. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    I played around with the game for a bit tonight and now in certain places got frame drops, i could clearly feel going below 30fps.

Nonetheless it is still a very good game and I am having so much fun driving around.

Crashed with a VW Beetle styled car backwards into a wooden thing which broke..2 guys got scared and looked at me and said "Dude you ok? Should we call an Ambulance?"

That was very cool ! This Interaction with NPC's I love the most, makes a game so alive