The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    According to a couple of developer responses ive seen since the release W3 was meant to get easier and easier. So I guess goal achieved.

2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Hardest encounter in the game by far, for me at least, was the ghost lady early in the game. Forgot her name now but you all know who I mean ;)

3. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    The newest patch is 1.32.

As for difficulty I think the hardest fight for me so far was the elven statues in Blood and Wine. Those fire mages were brutal, I died like 15 times on that fight. The Bruxa was really hard too. Blood & Wine really ratchets up the difficulty IMO.

4. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UOouOxaz3w

Absolutely the most difficult opponent.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Funny I just did Jenny in NG+ DM at around level 70 (with scale turned on) and I 2 shot her, only split up once. My build/gear is stupidly OP, especially in NG+. But then again, it's nice to feel like a god too, especially when you've seen everything thrice over. :nerd:

But yeah, on normal DM she was a bit of bitch, but with alchemy spec, oils and pots she wasn't the hardest. Hardest are Toad and Olgierd, IF you have a non-alchemy build.

7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Igni made the toad fight a joke for me. Olgierd I can't remember what he was like.

8. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I was unfortunate enough to get the Caretaker of Von Everec Manor before they nerfed him via patch.

That fight took hours.

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I was able to get it on my second try, though it was definitely a tough fight pre-nerf. Just have to make sure to roll at the right time and not take too much damage.

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Superior Golden Oriole. ;)

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    His telegraphs were far too easy to handle. Slow moves and you easily can avoid all dmg. I had some trouble with killing all the ads in time but it was pretty easy other than that. Also alt aard which i figured later just takes care of them aka if I'd known/figured this out on the first try it'd have been super easy

12. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I finally got around to playing witcher 3. What a game, best rpg I've ever played! I've been playing when I can for over a month. Have 100 hours played thus far, the wife thinks I'm nuts! Haha. I've spend a couple Saturday commited to this game playing 10 hours straight! Ha! I haven't been this engrossed in a game in ages. Hats off to Cd project red! I actually bought the blood and wine dlc on steam. I've never bought a dlc in my life! That's how much I enjoy this game.

I'm currently at level 24 and complete all quest and question mark on Velen/novigrad. Just started the main quest in ard skelliag. Odd because all mission I do give me 1 -2 experience points. I'm starting to wonder if I messed up the game dwarfing my character. Will I be able to level high enough to max out my armor?

Should I install the blood and wine dlc? Does it ope a new location on the map?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  13. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Hearts of stone is also excellent DLC. Get it today while it's cheap. It's also amongst the best DLC created for any game. Honestly both these DLC packs are more like expansions.

You didn't mess anything up by doing the side stuff. Quests will start giving more XP as they catch up to your level. Also you're fine to install blood and wine, there's a quest you do that will then bring you to the new zone. You can travel back and forth from that zone as much as you wish.

14. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Ok sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'm getting the other dlc too. Ha! What level should I arrive at when I complete the main story? Is there a ball park level i should be at?

15. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I'll have to leave that question for someone else. I didn't do all the side stuff.

16. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I must be a very few of those who can't get into this game.
    The game looks gorgeous and I admire the extensive open world CDPR has created. However, I'm only level 8 (bought the game a few months ago) and trying this game on almost every weekend, I just can't play more than 30 minutes. I also find the game difficult, too.

I'm on the quest (suggested level 6) where I have to kill an werewolf. No matter what, I just can't kill that bastard (the speed it self-heals is way faster than my damage deal).

17. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Congrats on stumbling upon this gem (which won GOTY...) Hehe... Yes, in answer to your question. Basically the way CDPR laid it out is:

Main story (Wild Hunt) ending around level 26-28
    HoS: Starting around 28-30 (and gaining 4-6 levels)
    B&W: Starting around 34-36

But... that is depending on whether you use the in game auto-leveling feature, which was not in place until the final DLC was added.

I suggest continuing the main story till you reach the final quests - you'll know when you're there - Then, take the contract for Hearts of Stone (at the 7 cats inn). Play that glorious story in full - don't skip any quests and explore that whole top NE corner of Novigrad. Then finish the main story. Then (after a week to decompress), start Blood & Wine and get ready for another solid 2 weeks or more of play and yet another amazing story.

18. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Werewolves hate moon dust.

19. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    This game absolutely requires you to read the bestiary and use the potions, bombs, oils and signs that things are weak against. Do that and make sure to roll aplenty and you should be good.

20. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Though I will note that while the bestiary gives good guidelines, especially for the initial monsters (like that Werewolf), once you get used to how each bomb/sign actually work in combat, and then once you see (and start to recognize) the different variations of monster types and how they will attack - it's much better to observe and develop your own system of what effects work best for how you play. Also, I believe that some of the bestiary entries were made with purposely ineffective or incorrect notes as to what works, to illustrate the inaccuracies that commonly occurred.

tl;dr - definitely start off using them, but after you get used to how the game works and you know the monsters, you don't need to follow them exactly.