AMD ZEN 8-core Summit Ridge To launch January 17th 2017

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Suhweeet! Can't wait for the review. Maybe a worthy upgrade at long last!

3. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    If can be oc'ed to 4ghz with air coolers easily, then awesome....
    Hope gets 1200+score in cinebench r15,@stock. 20% more than sandy 8c/16t 3ghz chip of mine. Which I bought for 70$ by the way :p

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  4. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    January 17th?..mmm.... Sorry, I am busy on that day, and all days after too.

Though I will be very glad as this hype will finally be over.

5. xafier

xafier Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 290
    Pricing will be key, but I could be very tempted with one of these for a new machine next year. Have been looking at getting a 6850K but holding off to see what Zen can do and how much cheaper it will be.

6. DaLoona

DaLoona Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080
    If all is true, about performance, its bye bye Intel for me, AMD here we come!

7. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    I'm absolutely sure AMD will bring the performance this time around, I just hope they price it correct. If they price it the same as Intel with their 8C16T CPU's then I personally don't think they will make the comeback we are all waiting for. However I'm not saying they have to price it wayyyy below Intel, all I say is they should price it just below Intel and they will win over a lot of people. I actually can't wait for them to bring this to the table. It has been a long, long time since we had good competition.

8. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    I will certainly be interested in a 2-300$ 8 core CPU with similar per thread performance to a 6th gen Intel Core. Might finally upgrade this near 4.5 year old i5.

9. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    I wait so mny years with upgrade my Sandy..
    I don't expecting 2500k survive in my PC almost 6 years. 980SLI 3 years :roll:

I marked solid Upgrage in my shedule at Feb 2017.
    When reviews comes out, and all hype go down.
    performance vs price vs OC - thats my delta :p

10. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I'd be really pleased if these Zen chips rendered my Skylake i5 utterly obsolete. It was disgusting to pay Intel a high price for a CPU that was hardly any different from the one I paid a similarly high price for years ago. Anything that can hurt Intel is splendid in my book. Over the past years the only pleasant thing has been Intel's road of endless suffering in the mobile SoC market.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Yep anything that would smack Intel down a notch or two would be great. They have been just cruising along taking everyone money with small improvements. This could be a game changer, but as always I have my salt ready with AMD.

12. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    The price HAS to be lower than Intel's equivalent and i will be ready to dump a truck load of cash on Day 1 to get the new CPU, board and RAM.

CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I'm very curious about the rumored APUs. 4c/8t 1024 Polaris/Vega cores with 1-4GB HBM.

14. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    That's good the release date isn't going to be February (though I'd still like to see the 4c/8t model...). Assuming the rumors are true, I'm a little less hopeful about the performance. That price is very low for an 8c/16t part. Either AMD is begging everyone join them or this performs significantly worse than they expected.

I'm probably going to buy AMD next anyway because I want to see them succeed and I'm sure the performance will be adequate. But if their 8-core is going to be around $300, I'm not sure how they're supposed to profit on some of their dual core chips, assuming they'll even bother to make them.

15. poornaprakash

poornaprakash Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/Nvidia
    First AMD said Zen beats 8 core i7-6900K in Blender benchmark now just "competes" with 6 core i7-6850K ?? I hope Zen is not the 2017 Bulldozer.

16. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Well according to the the 8/16 thread will be 200-300 usd? If this is true I will gladly pick one up for that price!

17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If the price to performance ratio is right it might be a good upgrade , no more 4 cores cpus for me , 8+ real cores with HT from now on it's what i'm looking for on my next build. There is hope left :) , will wait for the reviews to see where the highest end Zen cpu 8 cores 16 tread beast stands against Intel offers to make a well informed decision on my next upgrade. Fingers cross , not too long to wait , we almost there :thumbup:

18. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    I Hope it performs good..Willing to change Our Family PC into a pure AMD Setup...Hope it outperforms 6700K..

19. Forebode

Forebode Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4G 1530/8k
    I'm going to need to see some independent demos/reviews/benchmarks before I get excited for anything new. Will reviewers get test hardware before 1/17/17? Could reviews be out before the release?

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok folks its happening, looking forward to reviews :nerd: