GeForce 375.86 WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Nov 15, 2016.

1. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Is anyone experiencing issues with other GPUs than Pascal ?
    I tested the driver yesterday on DOOM multiplayer and BF1 multiplayer with My GTX titan X maxwell => no issues.

And fps increase by 10% at least in BF1 multiplayer

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Someone already said that they've tried Debug Mode which does exactly that and it didn't help. But I'll bite, let me install the driver again.

Edit: Nope, doesn't help:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  3. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    ManuelG Do you think the SLI Flickering is Nvidia's problem or Dice/EA's as it was their patch but its your tech driver with the issue?

4. morpheus9394

morpheus9394 Guest

GPU:
    2x 6950 1GB
    Same problem here with 980ti, overclocked with MSI Afterburner.
    I'm not seeing any performance decreases but the GPU clock in MSI stays at 810mhz.
    I downgraded to 375.76 and things went back to normal so it doesn't look like the problem is just affecting 10xx range of cards.

5. jallaby

jallaby Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix OC
    This does not work here either.

[​IMG]

6. fpollan

fpollan Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 1080GLH
    Same here. Same GPU/Bios.
    But PCI.e - 2.0?

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I too have 2.0 on .86 and 3.0 on .76 for this same test. Wonder if this have anything to do with memory clocking issue - although I don't see how it can be connected.

8. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    Seems that everything is fine on my end with this driver (i hope)
    [​IMG]

9. art100

art100 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 580 o/c 802
    Confirm problem

After removing driver 372.90 with Display Driver UnInstaller I can confirm the problem. The memory clock does not change, a frame drop using X plane 10 from 75 to 30 using a GTX 1080. Rolled back to driver 372.90 and everything works fine again. I think I am going to stop updating Nvidia drivers because lately they appear not to work properly with X plane.

10. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thanks for the confirmation.

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Since it occurs on competitor cards, we believe a fix will likely need to come through a game patch but we are still investigating to see if anything can be done through the driver.

12. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Do you have a modded VBIOS or a VBIOS not meant for your card?

13. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    I see that on AMD Cards the flickering has been a issue since the games launch where as its only just cropped up with this patch. So you seem to have a better driver for it at least up to this point. Glad you're looking into at your side.

14. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    But to use it all they had to considerably lower the speed of it by the sounds of things here. ;-)

Dito

I have not been really impressed with NV gpu drivers since windows 10 hit. There has never been what I would call sable or impressive driver release to date.

But it appears from this thread they are getting much better. First time in a long time I would not say NVidia is leaps and bounds above ATI/AMD.

Regards

15. ern88

ern88 Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080
    My Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 seems to be unaffected by the driver issue. I ran Gigabyte monitoring tool and my memory speed seems normal.

16. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Looks like I'm lucky..No Problems here..:D

[​IMG]

17. kcajjones

kcajjones Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 470 1.28GB
    I've not had chance to check my memory clocks, but I've just tried my free copy of Far Cry Blood Dragon on Uplay after Geforce experience recommended updating my drivers. The game seemed like it was 60+ fps but really micro stuttering badly. I saw this news article and immediately rolled back the drivers and now it's silky smooth.

I'm running a water-cooled, overclocked GTX 670 2gb.

18. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    This driver works fine but I'm still gonna revert to 373.06 for peace of mind...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  19. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I can tell you that half the reason I switched to NVIDIA around 5 months ago was AMD driver quality. Are NVIDIA drivers amazing? No, most certainly not, but at least I'm no longer getting the urge to jump ship to the other side every time a new game comes out. I think I've seen more functional day 1 SLI support from NVIDIA in these past months than I've seen from AMD during the entirety of 2015. The grass isn't greener on the other side, not unless there have been some absolutely massive, groundbreaking changes since June.

As for the driver, it's working fine for me. I'm keeping it because they finally fixed the Pascal SLI VRAM bug.

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    That's really fair comment.

For me, in terms of "Day 1 experience", Nvidia are in front and this has almost always been the case.

However, yes, Nvidia have problems too. If we only go back 6-8 months ago, just someone saying that would cause a big debate. Now, it's like "yeah, find it, fix it."

Acknowledging problems certainly speeds up finding solutions, rather than arguing if there's a problem in the first place.