Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I just hope they keep it that way. It makes total sense
    The way it is right now.
    Hopefully we won't get tons of "nerf" patches and other stuff to screw the balance over.
    I'm not good at hitting things yet, but playing the class and the objective is great fun. To me, much nicer and better than previous titles.

I like how vehicles support other classes and add to them instead of using foot soldiers as cannon fodder (like it felt in previous titles, to me).

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes the controller works nicely. The only thing I couldn't do directly was to have the plane roll sideways. Moving the stick made it move to the side by the rudder, but no rolling.

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Whats everyones take on DX11/Dx12?

Anyways gonna go shoot some stuff in the plane before bed.

4. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC

5. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    I play support mostly and repair tool is very situational thing and more of a "fun" thing to use.

And most of the time the real use only becomes relevant in rare cases. A lot of tankers just don't pay no mind of you repairing them and this becomes like cat and dog situation. When you pair with a good teammate who are aware of you repairing them, you can do a lot of things. One time me and other team member with heavy tank survived whole match together.

Another satisfying thing that can happen, when you have repair tool equipped is that you are basically a tanker class too, because then you can repair tanks from inside. And when enemy leaves his burning tank, then this will becomes "your moment". Hijacking enemy tank and then joining up your other 2 tanker teammates is the best think that could happen.

They should do what Rockstar did with their games, if you are playing GTA or Max Payne, game puts you on a playlist with players who play with your settings. Like, if you enable aim assist or lock on, game places you with other players who have enabled that also.

And on a related note, I wonder, what about tanks and planes. I can't fly sh*t with keyboard and I was thinking maybe I should be cleaning dust of my gamepad. If plane locks on on another plane that is fu*ked up sh*t.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Actually Brogan was just about to mention controllers. Used the controller for the plane part of the campaign which I must say was awesome! Was thinking to use it in MP...for me would be easier as am not searching for buttons on the keyboard all the time.

P.S Find it hard to get all the keys I want mapped right, like where do I put the spot key if I already have right control/right shift and num pad 0 etc etc plus then I need to quickly access gadgets...(am left handed).

7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    If you're playing on a ps4 what Fov do you use ?

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i use 90, coz 70 is too close to the screen,

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    If thats asking me am on PC. For me using a controller makes more sense as it has more buttons :)

Been using it on campaign and apart from the fact I cant seem to map the binos right it's ok. Perhaps not as accurate as mouse but to be able to easily run then melee then switch weps and then use a grenade etc seems better but then that's maybe because I need to map keys on the keyboard better.

Still testing. Arabia next up.

10. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    mindaz3, I don't know if that would be a good idea for BF1 (separate playlists). Look what happened to IW on Windows store lol.

11. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Ugh tried mp with the xbox controller and was horrible...

I guess no-one else uses it. Gonna have to play around with my key bindings. Dunno you watch guys on youtube and they make it look easy...(even peeps who play it on ps4).

I have a nightmare sometimes because cant get the right gadget etc at the right time...you know throw a grenade when you are trying to stab..

p.s Loved the campaign although a tad short but was really well done. A.I def a bit dumb even on hard...

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Weird, leveling medic seems to take a HUGE amount of time compared to others.

Got my Assault to lvl10 yesterday, today i did lots of operations and barely leveled up the medic class.
    I'm healing and reviving people so i have no idea what i'm doing wrong..

13. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Just tested my controller, for plane it feels really good, easy to control and maneuver around, still need to work on my targeting. In overall, for me is was big improvement against keyboard and mouse for sure. I can finally fly those damn things.

Also looked for that supposed aim assist and that is pure bull****. For one, you always aim where you point, tried pistol and a few rifles, pointed near enemies just enough not to hit them and always missed.

There is of course a small lock on, that was shown in the video where somebody posted, when you face an enemy from a few meters away, but first you need to target enemy correctly and then you need to strafe slowly in order to keep locked on and any sudden movement interrupts it. I think it only works with hip fire, because I only managed to get a lock on using hip fire and when tried with iron sights I was struggling to get targets on enemies and I just died after that, so that was hard to test. Event with it I am still finding myself targeting enemies a lot slower than with keyboard and mouse. So, from my perspective I see no problem with it.

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Would be interested to see some tests on how messed up the hit detection is in this game vs previous BF games. Hit box issues have always been a problem for this game and while the weapons in this game help disguise hit box issues I am almost certain this game suffers to a degree from it the same way previous games did.

The best example of this being Calvary, you ever noticed just how far away the guy on the horse seems when they score a hit? Either something is up with hit detection or the Calvary guys have 15ft swords.

Oh and the controller aim assist? WTF.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yup same with me, im considering playing assault from now on as i seem stuck in same level with being medic and i always revive people.

16. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Campaign was great probably the most moving sp game I have played to date.

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    how r u playing this on the 8800gs? XD

18. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    operation mode is terrible for class rank up. Play Conquest 64, and do your best to capture as many flags as possible.

19. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Nodding my head to all of these latest comments... man, does this game have its quirks early on! Though I think the patch on the 16th is supposed to be massive, so who knows how many of these issues will be fixed.

But right now, for me, I am going insane with the medals and the random switching.

It's literally making the game like an angry heroin addiction for me (which I've never had but Trainspotting was graphic). Here's the problem, I guess I have severe ocd, and You can't disable them! They are always on the screen. And whenever you respawn, the white circle animates and tells you what to do, or rather what you still have left to do. So I'm trying to complete them as I play, all the while trying to also level Support class ('finished' assault last week, lvl 10). And EVERY TIME I join a game, it's a 50/50 chance the medals will revert to a different set!

edit: btw, I am loving the BAR w/ the Optical scope. Wow! Is that thing accurate when you go prone.

I spend 6 hours grinding for the explosives medal, then I reload the game and I'm automatically doing a different challenge... and I have to totally revert my playstyle. I know I don't HAVE to do it, but IT'S ON THE DAMN SCREEN! WHy does it do this to me!! I ALMOST had the final challenge!

OK, Imma stop playing for awhile...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  20. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ps4 :)