Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, May 1, 2016.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i have to say this is the first time in a long time i enjoy cod sp campaign, although shooting mechanics are pretty dated by now, but the story and campaign are pretty engaging, with very nice setups, the textures are good aswell, not sure about the lighting, it looks half baked...

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm gonna spoiler tag this one, but some complaints about the game compared to another...

So the game pretty much starts off the same way as Crysis. Your team is in the air, and you drop down to your location. Hmm.

Near the end of the first mission where you secure the F-Scar, you have the mini one that looks a lot like the heavy Alien weapon you use in the end of Crysis to fight the big Alien craft... And you use it in COD to fight basically the same thing except it has legs. Wow.

I have not gotten very far into it, but so far this reminds me more of Crysis than any other game.

So...After playing the SP some it seems very clear to me what this game is. It is the same as every Infinity Ward based COD. Same story, different time. Insurrection starts a war, and you have a teammate who's name starts with an S. Soap, Salt, etc. You even have a foreign comrade, although this time it's a damn robot. It's setup the same way as every freaking IW COD game, and truth be told I feel like I wasted my money as I am not enjoying IWF at all, but definitely enjoying MWR.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  3. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

completely wrong.

4. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    So far there's no anti-cheat system either in Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare: Remaster far as I've read so it should be safe, for the moment at least though better to be careful than to risk getting into trouble.

Bit of a difference with Black Ops 3 where initially they had a pretty strong anti-cheat system for online play and then a few weeks later one of those "security updates." applied it to singleplayer too ("Game banning" quite a few peoples Steam accounts, a game ban though is not VAC and only applies to a specific game.) and that was apparently not enough so a few weeks after that they also applied this to offline mode where a lot more people were affected by it, myself included though I'm not too bothered by it personally.
    (Bit extreme perhaps but eh Treyarch is very strict with this stuff even threatening taking action with Valve affecting your entire account if you are caught multiple times but that's just what I've read.)

(Blizzard also does this for Star-Craft 2 and Diablo 3 to use another developer but offline mode anti-cheat and taking action such as banning isn't very common far as I'm aware.)

If they ever do activate anti-cheat mechanics for this game well be careful at least in online mode and multiplayer with any custom utility even if it's not a full on trainer or cheat-engine script. (Also goes for injectors from ReShade to overlay software such as Afterburner.)

6. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Ended up buying this with the MW remaster for £40. Played some of the IW MP and it seems fun. My mouse movement feels a little off however.

7. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I had to drop sensitivity a bit.

8. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    So I have one major problem with the campaign even though I love it overall. The screen blur and flinch when you get hit in campaign is extreme. Even on easy I spend half the time of combat completely unable to see anything. I'll hide and let the damage heal and then pop out to shoot someone but before I can pop one off the screen goes blurry again and the gun flinches away from my target, vision clears up for half a second and I line up my shot just to have it go blurry again. It's artificial, forced difficulty and it's not fun. Other shooters don't pull this kind of nonsense, they may darken and/or bloody your screen a bit but you can still see well enough to line up a shot. FYI turning off depth of field does not change this effect in any way.

9. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Thanks! I had already lowered it a bit, but lowered it a little more because of your suggestion and it's so much better :D

Really enjoying the MP, feels like a cross between Ghosts(my favourite COD MP) and BO3 :banana:

Guess I'll try the MW MP later!

10. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    Why is this such a stuttery mess online...

I have a very solid internet connection, when I play bots the game is consistent and smooth 95+% of the time, online though, while some matches are better than others, some are awful with constant frame drops and stuttering so it has to be something server side!? and why the heck does it affect client side FPS... makes me really annoyed.

I play on a HDTV with 60hz 60FPS VSYNC and 60FPS frame rate cap.

BF1, and other wll optimised/coded games, run to perfection online. (as do all the BF's) so it's not me, my pc, or my connection.

Just wondering really I don't expect a fix - but it annoys the heck out of me because it really ruins my enjoyment.

11. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Peer to peer, if someone you Play against has bad fps & upload speed, you get those too i guess

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yep.

Stupid. They are trying to save money by forcing people to play on people's low spec PCs with bad internet.

13. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    That's seriously annoyed me I didn't even realize that was still going on thought it was dedicated servers not to mention why on earth does it have to effect CLIENT side FPS...

14. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Same as every IW COD, bag a o shlte

15. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    So you are warning people to be careful when cheating?
    Am I reading this right? You are never banned for legitimate utilities like Afterburner.
    I would suggest playing fair and never to cheat.
    Good grief, I never expected a post like this on Guru3D.

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    There's no explaining what goes on in a hackers mind or why they do it.

They are like cats I guess lol.

17. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I've never been accused of anything like ReShade or even FoV changers in titles like MW3, for example.
    Why other type of "cheat" would someone want to use?

19. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Aim bot, wall hacks, color hacks.

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Sure thing. He sounded like he had been using stuff like single player cheats, god mode for example or a HUD toggle.