Logitech Z906 with computer.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by sunnyp_343, Nov 7, 2016.

1. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Logitech Z906 connect with computer.

I am trying to connect my logitech z906 on my Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard direct with 3.5mm jack(black,green,pink) wire which come with speakers.But only 2 speakers Left-Right working.How to use 5.1 surround on motherboard.My motherboard has 5 3.5 mm jack(black,green,pink,Orange,blue).Dont tell me to use Optical fiber to use.i dont like the sound quality of Optical fiber so i wanna try 3.5 mm and check the difference.
    help

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Check your motherboard manual for what each of the connections are and match to the corresponding ones from Z906.

IIRC in Z906 green = front, black = rear, pink = center/sub.

Also make sure you have speakers set up correctly in Windows Audio settings (5.1) and drivers installed etc.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Front is lime, rear is black and center/sub is orange on your mobo. In other words 5,6 and 8.

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You also need to make sure the OS is setup for your speaker system.
    If your OS is set for 2.0 and you are using 5.1, you will never get surround.
    Setup the OS and check your drivers also. Once it is done properly, do a speaker test from the drivers and you should have proper signal for each channel.

4. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080

Tried every color connector and there 5.1 configration active on realtek.but still not work.real the manual already.
    And what OS setup for 5.1?Where is that?

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Check in your windows control panels.

A question, how do you know your speakers are not working in 5.1 right now?
    Have you done a speaker test?

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Like said control panel -> audio and do a speaker test.

Stereo audio sources will only play through front speakers unless you enable stereo surround/upmix if supported by driver.

7. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Ya i am testing 5.1 in realtek and only left and right are working.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    OK, if you are doing a speaker test and only getting left and right when set for 5.1 my guess is your OS is set for stereo.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You need a soundcard :)

10. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    ya i had doubt that but y the fck my motherboard says 8 channel.Means even 300$-400$ mobo need soundcard?

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    It should work though. Mind taking a cropped screenshot of the speaker conf. window and reuploading? Meaning showing only the Asus utility screen.

There should be jack detection too acc. to specs, does it show all jacks connected correctly?

12. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Right click on the speaker icon on the taskbar (not the realtek one).
    Then click on Playback devices, then select "speakers" and click on configure.
    Is it set at 5.1 surround in there?
    Also did you try to download the latest drivers from the motherboard's site and install?

Edit #2, while in that "Playback devices" menu, click on the speakers icon, then on "properties" instead of configure. Then select the second card called "levels"
    Are the volume sliders of all the speakers turned up? or are the two front full on and the rest on 0?

Also the screenshot is making the forum skin go wild. Rules state that if it's that big, then make it as a link as people won't have to scroll left and right.
    And 3/4s are just white anyway.

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    IMO, yes. Onboards are basically signal routers, that use your CPU and generally don't sound very good. A soundcard or external DAC..etc.
    Onboard soundchips are added as a selling points but they do not compete with modern soundcards. You're comparing a chip that costs a point of a cent to a board using high quality DAC's, ADC. Opamps, filters..etc.

14. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Try the latest realtek driver you can find them at stationdrivers, if i recall when I was using my onboard I had surround issues and a different driver resolved it. I also was using the 906s good little pc speakers those:)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  15. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Ya i read it that it put load on your CPU and will think about buying soundcard.But not working direct on mobo i think its some other problem.It should not be that difficult i my self PC user for 15 yrs so its not difficult for me for setting sound configration.Either it is not support 6 channel or some hardware problem because only one wire "green" sending sound to my pc other Two black and pink not giving any sound.