Review: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare PC graphics benchmark performance

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 4, 2016.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    How is the 380x the same as a 970. WTF happened.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Does the game have artificial 125fps cap?

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    AMD seems to have a bit of an edge in this title. Just look at the 480.

4. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Still running a Piledriver, I really appreciate you adding the AMD CPU numbers HH! :)
    Thank you!

5. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Looks like a lot of an edge. And Polaris with the Primitive Discard Accelerator seems to be doing really well compared to previous GCN. I wonder if it has always been like this, or if they changed the engine now in anticipation of the PS4 Pro release.

6. NudeDude

NudeDude Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Yeah, is this Campaign also capped to 125, or is this just heavier than BF1 and BO3?

Damn i hate these FSP caps, no use for my 165Hz screen. Multiplayer is capped to 91 with this and with CoD4 remastered.

Any change to unlock it? Banned by that?

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Correct, there is a hard cap at 125 FPS which shows at 1080P with the two fastest cards.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    The game is broken!

Massive amounts of stuttering in the game in certain areas, and when loading new scenes too it literally pauses for a few seconds then continues.

Just go and read the steam reviews.

The frame rate is not the issue its the game it self it seems to HAMMER the pagefile into next week.

I came out of the game and checked MSI AB and saw that I was maxing out a 10.6GB RAM usage and 17.5GB PF usage!!! Like WTF!????

9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That sounds like a memory leak. Is there a specific area where you started noticing that, or is it like that every time?

10. iTile

iTile Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 4GB OC Gaming
    Don't mind me, just passing by.

COD is more an nVidia Title on PC than AMD and have been for the passed few years of COD iterations, can go back and check the previous reviews. But it goes to show AMD knows whatsup, and it shows why they are so confident with their architecture.

I don't mean to sturr up the thread but I was wondering how the nvidia buyers are feeling at this moment in time. This is not the NEW game that shows AMD GPUs on par or better than their competitors counterpart. People buy GPUs to play new games isn't it?

11. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    depends what you call progress cod has not progress much black ops 3 look better than this one, if it had 2016 state of the art graphics then yeah ok you need a gtx 1080 to max it, but with the graphics it has a titan should be hitting the 125 fps cap at 1080p

12. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    dat 5k doe,

I do wonder how it manages it, maybe the low latency of hbm allows the fury card to respond faster to texture loads?

13. moaka

moaka Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    LoL ... HBM is not calculated in same way as the DDR5/X ( 4 GB on 512gb bandwitch ) , R9 Fury Nitro Cost 269e in france i think its a really good card at this price for now ... Cheaper than GTX 1060 6gb or RX 480 8gb . Look Guru3d reviews : Cod , Bf1 , Gow4 , Mafia III , DEus Ex , Far cry and other , Fury ( x ) perform very well .

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  14. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Yeah, I should've waited just 9 more months for the 390.
    ?

20% from the 980 is quite on the high side, the difference between the two cards until now hasn't been quite that big on average.
    Actually it's probably just the title favoring AMD hardware considering the good performance across the board.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  15. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Good performance, well optimized my 960 can keep up at 1080p, happy with that.

16. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I would say more in the lines of less graphically demanding than well optimized, from what I read so far.

Even HH mentioned it in the article.

"At one point the result set would be 50 FPS, and on the second similar path and execution 42 FPS and another 56 FPS. This means that the results shown today are indicative, not a precise measurement. Another problem was that some levels average out at say 40 FPS, yet there are a handful of scenes where the framerate will crumble down to say 25 FPS or where running a luxurious 60 FPS all of the sudden. That is the reality of this game engine."

17. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Oh ok, gotcha. I just saw the numbers.

18. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    if i "remember correctly" both the 290 and the 290x carried 4GB VRAM and came out ~12 months prior to the 390. (apart from the 390 being a rebrand of the 290 hawaii chip ofc :) )

so you wouldn't have had to wait...

but you're also the guy who praised the 780ti (quote: "is going mega strong") so much over the 290x in end of 2015 ... and now 10 months later we all know what's up.
    so your comments make perfectly sense in terms of "holding your position without room for compromise" :deflate:

19. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    It's probably the game ... pcgameshardware.de game review has wildly different results.

20. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    I'm glad to see that this game is nicely optimized for the AMD RX400 series. Man that 480 is a killer @ 1080P, however it does drop when going higher resolution. Still a very well optimized game overall for both Nvidia and AMD. I would like to do a level or two in this game, just to see how this space iteration plays out.