Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    im enjoying war pigeons mode actually, but some people don t even know what to do when they got the pigeon they freakin wait and wait until they die and the enemy takes the pigeon, so annoying, most annoying thing for me is dying without ever knowing from where, i need to stay with my teammates more

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, I spent the whole weekend (minus half of Sunday when I couldn't log in to Origin) with the SP campaign. I know people talk about it being "just 4 hours", but if you did it like me, and went for every single challenge/codex/collectible/achievement it took at least twice that.

All in all, it was an improvement from BF3/4, but there certainly were a lot of missed opportunities, both with what they put in and could have done better (some missions are really boring and the maps feel empty/lifeless) and what they didn't put in (a Central Powers campaign or two...).

And since I did go for all collectibles, because some of the skins you get for MP are VERY nice, I have to say that some of them are extremely frustrating and tedious and take multiple tries even on Easy difficulty. I'm glad I have this behind me, and can focus on the MP or actually play the SP relaxed and they way I want to for a change.

3. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
  4. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Aw sh*t, wasted 200 warbonds on a new SMG for Assault...
    Lured me with "more controlled recoil" but ultimately the above-magazine blocks half the field of view when aiming and I don't see any recoil improvement over "default".

I often find that I succesfully get the first or couple of shots in first, but almost always lose 1v1 situations still. Need more firepower dammit!

Should have gotten the Shotgun instead... though I prefer Medic still but Assault is better in tight spots I think (like the Forest map in DM).

PS: what's the purpose of weapons found in Battlepacks? Are they just collectibles or actually usable at some point too?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  6. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
  8. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I believe they are just skins man. I hardly get any battlepacks :(

9. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    I enable these effects with sweetfx

-HDR
    -Lumasharpen
    -Liftgammagain
    -Vibrance
    -Curves
    -Dither

same preset with BF1,BF4 and SW BF..

it really makes the game popping

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yea don't have too many either ;)

I think there's some randomness as to who get them but obviously scoreboard leaders have priority.

11. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Do you always ADS even at point blank? It was a really hard habit for me to break but I find that extra second or two can be the difference between life and death especially versus assault class. Try using hipfire more often if you are like me. In buildings and corridors.. you also move left/right a lot faster when not in ADS... and they can't hit what they can't catch lol :giggle2:

And they are just skins you can apply them in that weapons customization part of the loadout under 'visuals' (at the bottom under sight type and magnification). I don't think battlepacks go off score or anything either just completely random.

Yeah gonna try both out tonight and see which one I prefer. A bit off the subject too but I tried to set my mic up over the weekend and can't get the thing working. It's a problem within Windows as it won't let me set any mic up in the CP which is strange because I have used it plenty... I need to sort it but it was starting to eat into my BF1 time trying to figure it out :bang:

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    In the same boat, always ADS first, thanks for the tip!
    Hmm, actually when firing from hip the new SMG (forgot what it was) could indeed be better.
    Gonna try hip-firing more and yeah, you should always keep strafing back and forth too, guess single-player mentality kicks in still for me big time.
    Meaning you often win by standing still and taking the time to aim your shot.

Also I need to hone my aim, have a tendency to aim too high when going for headshots ie overshooting completely.

Still piss*d I didn't get the shotgun though... or save the bonds for something different entirely.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Shotguns probably getting nerfed anyway, especially the A10.

14. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Have you had a proper play about with your DPI and in game sensitivity too... I have mine set about 800-900 DPI and no more than 15% in game sensitivity.

Yeah you should get a shotgun next they are supper fun!

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ yeah I've been tweaking sensitivity, both general and when zoomed.

I have 1000 DPI for mouse and I think 20 % in-game and 85 % when-zoomed, give or take, based on tweaking.
    Have the Rival 100 mouse which is solid (and surely enough for me) but one downside is you can only switch from 500 to 1000, there's no middleground there.

An around 800 could be optimal because 1000 feels a bit too quick whereas 500 is way too slow (but precision is better than 1000).
    Ofc you can compensate with in-game or Windows CPL settings somewhat.

But long story short, no, it's not the mouse, it's the player :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes, ReShade 3 works fine in Bf1.

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    All ReShade actually works, you just have to disable Origin in-game and use the game in DX11 mode.

18. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    :giggle2: 9/10 it always is, the overly expensive peripherals just make us feel better! I use an MMO mouse because my left hand is useless and only good for WASD and space bar! All other actions I have mapped to buttons on my mouse :)

19. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    You gona make/share a profile for this one at some point?

20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Anyone else having issues with BF1 showing them as Offline?