battlefield 1 dx12 crossfire

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mehdi, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Multi GPU is a hit or miss and it has been like that since the technology came out. I understand your frustrations, but you have to understand that there are game developers out there who doesn't care about Multi GPU owners. And then there are developers that does a lackluster job of implementing Multi GPU which leaves the bulk of the work to the manufacturers to fix stuff from the driver side which doesn't always have smooth sailings. The story is the same with both AMD and nvidia cards, but people tend to think the grass is always greener on the other side, or red at times for that matter. You should definitely get the best single GPU available within your budget that meets your expectations. It's not AMD's fault that BF1's DX12 doesn't have a CrossFire profile yet, it's the Dev's.

2. mao5

mao5 Guest

right now, CF is piece of xxx in DX11 battlefield 1 multiplayer mode, is it AMD fault? My 7970 CF runs smoothly in DX11 battlefield 1 single player mode.

3. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    don't quite understand why you are linking a pic to an almost 4 year old GPU but hey ho. It's not like I'd go out and buy that card is it :bang:

4. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    You don't get it, do you?

He's simply pointing out that SLI isn't working for green camp either.

And the GTX 780 is the R9 290's original competitor, and the R9 290 is essentially a R9 390 with bumped up clock speed.

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Just that comment showed a lot of things. You realize that the 280x is one and a half year older than that, right?

6. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    ^ Yes, that too.

7. mao5

mao5 Guest

nvidia goes low, AMD goes high, can we?

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Try Fury for 300$/€ or wait for Vega :)

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Also shows that 280X = 780Ti !!! And That's lol :)
    I remember that Drivers are drivers, not Opti-Fix for particular Games lol

I have my own Fixes, ini/cfg etc. Tweaks to boost Performance or Quality (with Fury i go for Quality)

OMG :eek:neeye:
    So in 2 year period we will have R290 = 1070?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  10. mortenv

mortenv Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 295x2 / 8 GB plz
    crossfire still not working in dx11 nor dx12 after battlefield 1 fall patch and latest amd driver.

AMD crimson HAS some kind of crossfire profile for battlefield 1, though the filename for the EXE is totally unrelated to bf1.exe?

11. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    So did anyone got this to work properly with BF1? I am wondering because I am doubting of buying BF5. If this game also has no proper Crossfire support, the game will not perform well enough on my system -> no buy.

12. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    Negative on all counts, the last 2 BF games have ZERO support for Crossfire, have tried numerous drivers, and the profile's as well..... Weak.....