GeForce 375.70 WHQL driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Ha! The return of GFE :spam:

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    It's like 3 drivers in 1 week and a half? They need to chill a bit.

4. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Better to have day 1 support for games than not at all ;)

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Is it my imagination or has nVidia been pumping out drivers at a more rapid pace in the last month?

I'm still on 368.81 since the driver I tested after that shat all over my card's performance. Doing that testing took way more time than I have to spend just to see if my games will perform as well as before.

Can anyone verify if there are any non-crippled drivers for the 900 series after the 368 branch?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    It's your imagination that they are crippling maxwell.. lol

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    No, it's real world performance in every single game I tested from modern games to ****ing League of Legends. When you lose 15 frames a second in a game you can barely maintain 60 fps, that's a problem.

And no, I'm not the only one reporting performance falling off a cliff after the 368 drivers.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    System issue. Nobody is crippling anything.

No issues here or on a 980 system.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    A 980 Ti is not a 970? What system issues? Why does everything magically work fine when reverting drivers? Why is everyone with a 970 who I've asked this reporting the same results?

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    System specific issue.

Just asked a steam friend who has a 970, no issues on latest drivers.

If everyone was having the same issue for the past half dozen drivers, there would be an outrage, which there isn't.
    In fact, you are the first I've seen of this issue.

11. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    That isn't the least bit accurate. There have been tons of articles and people claiming older cards are being crippled intentionally by the latest drivers. While i personally have not seen any evidence to support these claims, your immediate reaction to his comment was strangely reminiscent of how anyone who raised this concern was pretty much shouted down in an almost organized effort.

http://www.pcinvasion.com/60-of-pc-invasion-readers-think-nvidia-crippled-kepler-for-witcher-3
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1557755/...iver-optimization-or-downright-crippling-them
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399211
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4bpb3y/does_nvidia_actually_make_their_older_cards_worse/
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...kepler-gpus-performance-in-favor-of-maxwell-/

12. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Not crippled in my case - my Kepler 680M gets the best results on 3DMark11 and Fire Strike with the 375.xx drivers

13. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Drivers are optimised to give the best results in benchmarks, results in games is another matter entirely!

14. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Of course, and for the newest hard/software - I'm just happy my old hardware still works well enough; better than with the original 306.14.

15. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    why is it they have to make a new driver release (that everyone call's day1 support) with every new game being released lately ?.

I know drivers have to have bugs fixes with the driver but with every big game title ?

Is each new game release that much different they have to reprogram the driver for the game ? seems daft they have to go through so much ars!ng around.

what drivers are the game Devs using while making the game do they have to update as often as end users?

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    lol witcher 3 and a bunch of old threads.

It's a fact, witcher 3 did not get an optimized code path for kepler.

People who said they purposely tried to gimp kepler are crazy; they just didn't put much effort into optimizing it.

New architectures get more attention, like it's always been.
    People who don't understand technology and how drivers work will make up conspiracy theories like that.

Plus the fact that he thinks NV is purposely cripping GTX 970s also makes zero sense because all maxwell cards use the same DX code paths.

17. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    I had a love then hate for my GTX970's lol when I look back I so wish I just bought the GTX980 first off ...

still live and learn. lol

end up with the r9 390x although it's in the "it'll do" segment as AMD fans are used to I guess.

18. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    They put pretty much none. Which is intentional, and they knew the results would be catastrophic, but they did it anyway. It's curious the way you just dismiss anything negative about a known crap company, who has been caught multiple times doing shady BS as, "crazy".
    I never outright said that or said it's intentional. The reality is the performance on a 970 (mine and all those who I asked) has been **** after the 368 branch of drivers.

You say "system specific issues" as if this magically and commonly happens. It should be pretty obvious what could cause such a massive problem if it really is anything but the drivers, yet no one including you have any ideas.

And if nVidia really wanted to cripple the 970, which would make a lot more sense considering the volume of that outweighs all other Maxwell cards combined, then it could be done so easily. So what they used the same X or Y or anything. On the driver side it can easily be set to run like garbage for any specific card.

A 20%+ drop in performance goes beyond negligence, stop trying to victim blame, it's not some magic system specific problem. It's widespread, it's widely reported. How could I have possibly been the first you heard of it when I've seen people talk of it in the driver release threads here before I ever tried of those drivers? If it was some problem one specific branch that's been fixed, I guess I'll eventually find out, but I'm not willing to do 3 hours of testing to find out.

Stop saying "no it's you" as if we're some retarded scrubs who don't know anything. If the drivers are plummeting in performance due to something "specific" with that system, it's still a problem with the drivers. No matter how you try to cut it. nVidia's latest drivers have destroyed the performance of the 970, intentional or not, you can victim blame, call us "crazy" (while offering zero actual information) all you want but that's a fact.

19. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    I hear yea fella, sold my 2 970's for the price of one.

I said it before so I will say it again, there is a lot of elitism on this forum by certain members ..

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You said anything above 368 cripples maxwell.

I said you were the first I've heard of it from, then you link me 5 threads to witcher 3.

I am not denying the fact they didn't have optimized drivers for witcher 3...

Not optimizing for a new game for an older architecture is not "purposely crippling" anything.
    Driver optimization for <DX12 is a two way handshake. It takes game devs + driver team to work together.

Yet there are these people who think NV is going to pay driver engineers to purposely implement a mechanism to nerf an architecture are plainly ignorant.

So again, please show me facts where there are crippling 970s.
    You spout it's hard fact, everyone with 970 is having issues, etc.
    I have asked a few with 970s and again, nobody has any specific issues.

368 branch has been out for half a year, so again, no it's not a widespread issue.