Manufacturers roll out firmware updates for GeForce GTX 1070 due to memory Issue

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 20, 2016.

1. KayserKay

KayserKay Member

GPU:
    Palit Super JS GTX 1070
    The BIOS update for Palit / Gainward GTX 1070 has been confirmed to fix the Micron stability issues. Also gives you higher Powertarget now.

But BIOS update has now been pulled cause of some users we´re stuck at 99% during the vBios update process. A new BIOS update tool will be available soon! I had no Problems with vBios update...flashed the new and the old Bios more than five times without any problems.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  2. gtbtk

gtbtk Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    MSI have told me the new bios should be available in the next 2 weeks

3. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Hello Hilbert. The Palit(Gainward) BIOS is still not available. I missed this news by two days and ever since there was no update on their page.Suggest to delete the link and put it on hold as it is still not available..Either way thanks for this news.Was curious why is this card (Super jet stream) so sensitive about OC on memory. The GPU goes to a wonderful 2068MHz stable but as soon as I put more than 200MHz on the MEM it's checkerboard all over even without OC on GPU. One has to wonder how many CENTS have the AIBs saved by buying Micron instead of Samsung chips.

4. haxzion

haxzion Member

GPU:
    My gigabyte g1 gaming works fine micron mem.
    I did a +300 mem oc and run some tests also played mafia with no issues.
    I didn't go more than +300 though.

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Still no bios from Gigabyte. Release schedule was this week and it's already Friday. Hope it comes out soon.

6. KayserKay

KayserKay Member

GPU:
    Palit Super JS GTX 1070
    New Palit BIOS for 1070 out now!

Wow...with documented changes:

VBIOS Update (2016/Oct)
    1. Update BIOS to the latest 86.04.50.00.xx version
    2. Improving over-clocking stability for Micron memory when using end-user OC application
    3. Modifying Fan curve

7. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Asus also came with a new bios for the GTX 1070.

GTX1070 updat bios
    1. DUAL GTX 1070 series now support 0dB function.
    2. Improve Micron memory overclock stability.

8. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Do ya have a link to this?

9. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
  10. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090

11. gtbtk

gtbtk Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  12. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    FINALLY PALIT has released new BIOS today!!!
    Haven't tested yet as am still in work but wonder if I can squeeze the card a bit more afterwards.. :)

13. rpalotas

rpalotas Guest

Weird, just tried to update the bios on my Palit 1070 super jetstream and it doesn't work.
    Either get's stuck on loading bios or it prompts me that "bios update not needed or card not supported"

@kosh_neranek, have you managed to update yours ?

Thanks!

14. rpalotas

rpalotas Guest

Nevermind I fixed it and in case someone else faces this issue here's what I did.

So the thing was that on my card I had the oldest bios basically the first version the card was ship with 86.04.3B.00.3B. For some reason the latest bios that Palit uploaded on their website didn't recognized my card with the current bios and gave me the message that "No need to update or the card is not supported".

Downloaded most recent previous bios VBIOS Version:86.04.3B.00.94 from TechPowerUp, flashed my card and after that applied the latest bios from Palit and it worked, I'm running now 86.04.50.00.51.

Sorry but I'm not allowed to post links, because reasons......(To be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 1 posts.
    Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.)

Thanks!

15. goodfellashxm

goodfellashxm Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1
    So disappointed in Gigabyte, first they deny the using of Micron vram when you can track obviously on their site the F11_beta version released on 08/04 clearly stated supporting Micron memory (that was 86.04.26.00.56 bios version though). Then they said they will fix it within a week but no progress until last Friday. Just because nobody was complaining about the issue doesn't mean you can lie in front of the customers' faces, gigabyte. I have the Micron vram btw, and I can confirm the oc result would never be stable even at 100/400.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016

16. Kainnemesis

Kainnemesis Guest

GPU:
    A-DATA 16GB
    Welp... Dont think I will ever buy a PNY product in the future.
    :bang::bang::bang:

17. Kainnemesis

Kainnemesis Guest

GPU:
    A-DATA 16GB
    Finally post #5!
    Going to send this video again to PNY tech support and hope they release something within the month. If not im just gonna send this card back cuz this is maddening! my GTX 680 never gave me issues like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CPCqHL3qfg

18. balane

balane Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I came here to say pretty much the exact same thing as you. I couldn't believe when Gigabyte stated they didn't use Micron memory when my GTX 1070 had it and they had previously posted BIOS downloads for it. I knew it was an omen of bad things to come. Then they stated it would be ready in the following week which came and went with nothing. I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling it's just going to fade into the background and I'll regret my choice this entire GPU tier. Oh well, I know which manufacturer will not get my business for my next GPU purchase.

19. gtbtk

gtbtk Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    PNY is the same company as Palit and Gainward I think. I would suggest that you email their tech support directly

20. Kainnemesis

Kainnemesis Guest

GPU:
    A-DATA 16GB
    Well damn, didnt know all three were the same company! Already, sent them a email asking about firmware update and issue I am geting.

This was their response when I sent them a killing floor 2 video freezing up.

"We have not been able to produce any memory leak issues with PNY cards. I do not see any issues with the video either. I had someone else view it and they cannot see anything either.

Bruce
    Technical Support"

Hopefully this video will get them off their ass's and do something.