Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Logged into Origin to maybe buy it.... $130 for the Ultimate Ed? WTF are they smoking?

How many maps are in the base game? 10 ?

We get less and less game anymore and completely milked if we want the rest of it. I don't expect this game to ship with 26 maps but to ship with 10 and make you pay $70 more for the rest (or what, extra $120 if you buy each?). Pure greed.

Maybe I get upset because I have supported this franchise from the day the Wake Island demo came out. So much that was good back then has been removed. Some for no apparent reason, some for pure profit.

Maybe I'll wait for a sale... Civ VI has me now anyways.

2. zixss

zixss Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    Good news. A patch for high CPU usage is coming soon -whethe i don`t have any additional info.

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i dont have any kind of high cpu usage, my cpus are constantly in 45-55 %....

4. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Your probably hitting gpu limit first.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yeah got those issues too, alongside the never ending reload, does switching weapon and then switching back sort it for you? That seems to work for me. Most annoying bug still has to be the sniper movement glitching, your guy jumps forward for no good reason and I know it's not lag because it doesn't happen a second or so after moving and hitting prone it can do it whenever sometimes minutes after taking up a prone position, really really annoying.

Bullet issues as well, the sniper bullets have tracer effects but sometimes you fire and they just don't go anywhere, seems to happen around narrow firing locations, for example firing through the arrow slits on FAO Fort or firing near ladders and the edge of buildings.

DX 11 first time I alt tab I return to the game to find it has zoomed in on the top left of the screen, meaning my aim cursor is now sitting to the right of my screen and I can't access ANYTHING that appears on the right or bottom of the screen, even more worrying I end up force closing the program to find that my desktop is doing the same.

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i don't think so, nothing wrong there aswell, ram usage is 7.4 gb that's the only thing high.

7. mortenv

mortenv Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 295x2 / 8 GB plz
    Perfoverlay.drawgraph 1 shows both graphs that looks like a huge hair comb. Terrain and shadows flickering wildly. Game braking stuttering. This is in dx11 mode. The weird thing is that this only happens sporadically and for about 5 minutes or thereabout. Clocks are stable and no thermal throttling. Perfoverlay graph in Dx11 in BF4 is smooth as a baby's bottom.

Dx12 mode doesn't utilise my second GPU?

Ultra preset, 1440p @144hz freesync enabled.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    gpu usage here is 68-75%
    no issues at all, 1080p high, smooth as butter, i dont know why people are having trouble in this game, for me runs smoother than bf4...this game is sensitive for overclocking so i guess there is the issue..
    i have to say again credit to DICE for giving us such a superb looking game, i find myself constantly distracted by how realistic the effects of smoke and physics are and by the artstyle and the scenery in each map, the sound is astonishing too, for this is one of the best purchases since wolfenstein the new order, probably of all time.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Anyone else's game switch to windowed mode when you get an achievement?

10. Mbi2011

Mbi2011 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Yep, happened then Origin overlay is off, so i disable all notifications

11. bruno_amaro05

bruno_amaro05 Member

GPU:
    R9-290X WindForce@1150
    This game looks and performs incredible. In my opinion, have the best graphics seen in a vĂ­deo game. Some bugs but expected and in the future they will be solved.
    I wonder wtf all the other devs are doing in games like for exemple Mafia 3, Quantum Break. If B1 can run a constant 60fps at ultra in 1080p with 64 players in those huge maps why cant i run inferior graphic games the same away!?! The only explanation that comes to my mind is weaK progaming skills from the devs. Congratulations Dice, well done... 9.5/10

12. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Biggest disappointment of the year for me. It's all graphics and no substance. The campaign is pointless and is basically a demo's worth of content with farcry gameplay.

As for multiplayer? Well i just gotta laugh at all the people that said that BF3/4 was bad and they needed to go oldschool again cos this game has nothing on BF3/4. It's the worst BF I've played.

13. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Damn dude, this is probably the best bf i've played since bfbc2. Well i'm a huge ww1 and ww2 buff so maybe thats why.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    anyone else finding the game either far too dark in places or far too bright?

Its like its a silhouette shooter rather than a normal shooter lol

I have played with my screens settings and also windows settings and game settings and nothing works.... its a great game but its kinda too dark for me.

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    brother are u on dope???

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    FAO Fort is horrendous, if you're shooting from one side of the river you basically can't see the enemies with a sniper scope you're just trying to pick them out via their silhouette and using the spot button to stick a spot marker on them. If you're on the other side of the river you can see everyone without an issue.

I recon their was no hardcore mode because

a). So much of the combat is a total clusterf*ck of two groups throwing as many rounds as they can at the other group. It's bad enough when a team mate steps in front of you and you're well aimed shot gets blocked by them (and that happens a lot) imagine how bad it would be if you ended up getting a TK registered against you because of it?
    b). I am using the spot button way way more than in any other BF game, part of that is because of the various weather effects, part of it is because the soldiers just all look the same, combined with the fact that teams can have 4 very different looking styles of soldier meaning 8 in total and in the middle of one of those big clusterf*cks it can be hard to tell who is who and part of it is because of levels like FAO Fort.

Not to say they won't stick a hardcore mode in but I am guessing it won't be an awful lot of fun.

17. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    You're the first one I hear to say this. Honestly. But yeah, you do die a lot but I love how it's rewarding objective play.

18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I just can't find a proper contrast/brightness. That's the real thing that bothers me really.

I really struggle to find my target on the screen at times. I guess it must be for everyone, if it's the case at least it makes the game a bit more challenging for everyone.

19. max2

max2 Member Guru

You know this how?

20. Kashinoda

Kashinoda Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury
    How exactly do you know this lol?

There are plenty who do:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...can_we_have_a_visible_thread_about_cpu_usage/

My friend is running the same CPU/GPU I am and is dipping down to 30FPS, though he's running everything at stock with a stock cooler.

Makes me think it could be a temperature issue. Battlefield 1 for me does make my CPU usage go up to 100% more or less constantly (along with 100% GPU), but I suffer from no issues and my temps are well within operating limits.

Interestingly there's no mention of temps from any replies on that Reddit thread.

Still, it shouldn't be hammering the CPU that much.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016