GeForce 375.57 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by khanmein, Oct 21, 2016.

1. yobooh

yobooh Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Everyone else xD
    Personally I have every metro thing removed from my system so I do not have problems at all with this driver.
    Anyway this driver it's a shame for Nvidia

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No invisible icons in start menu here. But i didn't install the latest cumulative update(.351).

3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    yeah i'm sticking with .321 + i had a feeling that NV is rushing to release this driver to compete with AMD (GFE also forget to included) :stewpid:

4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    What's the point of signing every driver with WHQL (and let users wait for it) if even Windows startmenu isn't working and driver passes the test despite of it?
    What a joke.

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The latest cumulative update for RTM is still the 14393.321, the .351 is still only for insiders. So it's not NVIDIA's fault if users experience problems with an update where it is only intended for insiders for now.

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Nice comparisons. Hopefully in a years time W10 will have matured so I can reap the benefits.

7. KayserKay

KayserKay Member

GPU:
    Palit Super JS GTX 1070
    There is a new cumulative update KB3190507 which came after the two other KB´s on .351. Seems very smooth now...even in Games.

8. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    COD:BO3: Black-screen and bo3.exe just crashed again after it finished loading next mp map. This happened after playing 1 mp match. Rolling back to 373.06.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    No wrong.

Its happening on .321 too, Im on Release channel and its doing it.

10. I do drive-by trolling? I don't think you realize how long I've been here in relation to how often I post. You made a post claiming that Win7 has always been "terrible for frostbite engine". No, both earlier iterations of Frostbite perform fine on Win7- it's the deliberate crippling of DX11.1 features that has hurt the OS. The answer even lies within the posts which you linked, I guess you didn't bother to read- or are unable to.
    Learn to make clear distinctions, liar.

11. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Ok ive got invisible icons on start menu plus everytime i try to drag and move a program icon in the start menu it crashes the start menu , i also now have erratic behavior of start menu.

rolling back

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Is there anywhere I can find out what the updated revision brings in terms of capabilities and performance?

I noticed an FPS increase in a few areas, so obviously it did bring a performance increase. But I'd like to know how :D Is asynchronous compute finally added with this?

13. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    I guess this stems from the early days of bf4. It really ran like a turd on win 7 compared to win 8. Not that it ran all that great for anyone but it ran even worse on 7.

14. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Still broke

15. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's partly to do with this;

https://developer.nvidia.com/what’s-your-vulkan-memory-type

Also, bare in-mind we are at 1.0.30 with Vulkan now, so, changes and additions are still coming. It's continually being developed.

16. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Surely yes.
    WHQL used to mean something, and a few years back only every 3-5 weeks maybe we would get a "certified" driver.
    Better to call these drivers "official BETA" instead, but that would be too honest I suppose :3eyes:

17. Adexus

Adexus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLi
    Last few drivers (Since 372.90) every so often I get a weird stutter and it makes the colours on the display go quite purple coloured, it does it in every game and even in videos, I went back to 372.70 and it didn't seem to happen, BF1 won't work on that driver though so I'm forced to use the new ones where it occurs, anyone have any ideas?

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Vulkan changelog is published here: https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Docs/blob/1.0/ChangeLog.txt

I've said many times that these 1.0.x updates are mostly typo fixes, they don't change much in the actual API functioning.

When you see a performance change on the new driver this is most likely to be due to a patch for the game or the update to the Vulkan driver itself, not the API version change per se.

And async compute support on Pascal is something for id to add, the compute queue was exposed in Vulkan from the start I believe.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  19. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    The problem is not specific to the Insider build. I'm not an insider and on the latest release version/build and still have the same problems with this driver and Windows Apps, including - but by far not limited to - the start menu with the 375.57 WHQL drivers. Nvidia even confirmed the bug, so why are you hating on insiders? Besides, even if it was a bug exclusive to an insider build, us regular Windows 10 users should thank the insiders to find these bugs, as those same problems will plague regular users once the build goes to the release channel if nothing is done about it.

20. jdwohlever

jdwohlever Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA Titan w/ 6GB RAM
    Getting black artifacts on videos and gifs after update.

Never had this issue until latest version 375.57 drivers.
    When a video or gif first starts I get a black "curtain" over 80% of the image or video for 2 to 5 seconds.
    Only happens on first run of video.
    :bang: