Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by vbetts, Oct 20, 2016.

1. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    quite an interesting device I think ..

I'm wondering if the Dock contains an more powerful GPU for gaming on tv at higher rez than the GPU in handle held mode ?

quite like the idea of multi local play has to be more fun with your friends/family all together in the same room having human contact rather than sitting in a room shouting at people through a mic.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  2. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    True. It's not as if the new console invalidates the previous stuff if you like them.
    It's not a guaranteed success, but they are not calling it the WiiU2 so...
    I'm more concerned on the placement of the second analog in regards to the buttons. If it's hard to go from one to the other when playing fps games.
    I'd love to see a controller that has the buttons on the underside for your fingers and leave the thumbs just for the sticks.
    Yeah i know about the XBox Elite controller.

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Looks pretty cool to me and having 3rd partys on board is a good thing, I'm PC mainly but I have always had a nintendo console/handheld too because they always have games you can't get anywhere else like monster hunter on the 3ds and mario kart.

I will probably get one of these new that new zelda looks amazing and I'm sure a new MK will come and hopefully a new monster hunter!

4. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    The thing like with local play, back in the day we used to have Lan parties around my mates house (big pete) even though we probs spent more time keeping all the PC's connected (lol) it used to so much more fun than sitting at home playing online, it's the human contact that's missing these days, local play should be embraced, hey nothing better than throwing a jam doughnut at the back of ya mates head to get an avantage lol they where the days ... oh to be young again heeh..

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i hope they will change theiir gui and make things more accessible but its nintendo after all.
    Their batteries also need a upgrade to last a lifetime. so far it looks pretty cool

I will wait this time though since im already playing zelda on the wii u. unless they come with a 3d mario , fzero , metroid i wont get one at launch.

6. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Best thing ever! I love my 3DS, but I always wanted to hook it up to a bigger screen when I am at home.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh, not impressed, but atlest it not tablet for controler.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    EXACTLY!

They have not killed anything, they have merged the two together.

Now instead of waiting to see which platform the new Mario Kart or Zelda will be on and have to buy two systems you will only need one.

This also frees up Nintendos first party studios to work on just one system that caters for both console and handheld markets instead of having to dilute their dev teams.

This is the best move Nintendo could of made. Partnering with Nvidia also is a great move, it gives them some good power for the system great efficiency, and above all it will probably give them access to Nvidia's GRID technology too... think about that for a moment.

9. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    you hit nail on the head, from a business point this is the best move they have made in years ... spot on I think

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    This looks really good, going to get one with the new zelda.

11. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    Sorry but what ? I still remember my Nexus 7 running tegra 3, whole tablet was so hot during video watching and often hang itself with 1 color on the screen, it was unstable even on standby, wifi was ****ty too not even google could figure this crap out, some major updates made it unbearably slow so I had to do the reinstall manually.

On the other hand, I had HTC One X (tegra3) - it was perfect

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  12. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    I think it looks great and seems like a good idea, but then I love playing Nintendo games when I'm not playing on PC. Even my brother who hasn't bought a Nintendo console since the Gamecube once one.

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Since they've made Tegra with Maxwell gpu cores, Tegra has stepped up.

14. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    I still think this wont be selling as good as nintendo wants to. For developing countries it will probably be too expensive because its got a screen, battery, docking station and stuff. The couple of richest countries wont be interested in a mobile/tablet graphics which they already have in high end smartphones/tablets. Everything depends now on price, marketing and quality cheap games.

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I believe from what I've read that Switch is basically using what would've ended-up in Shield 2. Either way, I want one. Just hope those controllers don't break easily.

Also, Zelda on the TV seems to be up-scaled and looks crap. However, I love handhelds and this looks like a nice step-up from PS Vita. Might get some surprising ports too if it's powerful enough.

My real hope for this is it doesn't lose too much power when not docked as I want to use it as a hand-held only.

16. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    hold your horses, no one knows the full specs of the system yet, I very much doubt this will hang on one colour etc, this is probs their last chance, I doubt they going to sell a system that hangs etc, lets wait and see the full spec's before kicking it to the bin.

I'm hoping they do well, they have to after the last console if not probs end of them making home consoles.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Unconfirmed spec list states pretty much that.

Shield 2 hardware

http://pastebin.com/UD1Vx9rf

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    lol. This is the new Nintendo console? Who the **** is going to do any of the things shown in the video?

No one will buy this for the reasons Nintendo thinks people will buy it. This is going to fail so hard.

19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I just question what this falls into?

Handhelds always had exclusive handheld gaming that was not found on consoles.

You made a hybrid, will developers put so much time and resources into a handheld style exclusive? I think this is an odd choice by Nintendo.

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Nintendo combined their handheld and home console teams bout 2 years ago.

Means they don't have to bother making separate games for each, if anything it's just a better move for nintendo