Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Exactly.

Those "competitive" players are only playing Locker / Metro and never open field Large Conquest maps. Why? Because they only circle jerk with their "angles", "map knowledge", "french jumping", "euro hip-fire" and rest of the Counter Strike s***.

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    OK this is weird (or I'm missing something), I played every single operation, one of them 3 times and EVERY SINGLE TIME I was on the defending team. Why is that? Just random or do I need to select a setting before I join a game?

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Sure. Though I'm really not sure what advise I should give you, sorry :(

4. bruno_amaro05

bruno_amaro05 Member

GPU:
    R9-290X WindForce@1150
    Did enyone bought the Battlefield 1 PRE-ORDER Origin CD Key from g2play?
    When will the cdkey be available so we can play, only at 21?

5. zixss

zixss Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    Officially :

bf1countdown.com

I would be pretty happy if they release it tomorrow.

6. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Ah it's ok brother. Hopefully something will come up :)

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    :heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

8. bruno_amaro05

bruno_amaro05 Member

GPU:
    R9-290X WindForce@1150
    think i will pay for the Origin Acess so i can play the 10h right now

9. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    You'd be suprised. My brother plays siege with a controller and places in diamond rank everytime.

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    8vs8 isn't any better.

There's hardly anything to do for infantry in those matches. Timing pressing "redeploy" to spawn on a sleeper near another flag, etc.

I honestly think for competitive, gametypes like Rush are much better to cater to both vehicle and infantry people, especially when it's closer to BF3/BC2 because they kind of screwed it up in BF4.

11. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    Anyone get there key yet from G2Play ?

12. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    so what does the filmiceffect do? and the screenspaceraytracing?

13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Ok so far the game seems pretty stable but have found some bugs one of which is seriously starting to annoy me.

1). Gun that reloads forever, or loses all it's animations, usually occurs after being revived by medics
    2). Game will not allow me to remap ANY commands to buttons 4 and 5 of my mouse to date this is the only game that doesn't allow this.
    3). (This is the annoying one) some serious issues with prone movement. The character seems to jump and slide forward of their own accord when you move left or right and it is seriously starting to get annoying. Can't find any real reason for it happening other than it occurs more around building and object edges, meaning you end up falling off ledges.

Other than that this is by far the best BF launch I've ever seen in terms of lack of real issues, server stability and I could kiss whoever decided to get rid of Battlelog and go back to in game server looks ups.... though that screen can get a bit laggy.

So yeah level 17 and loving it, finally starting to get the hang of sniper and the game requires far far less compensation for bullet drop than any previous BF games.

14. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I always assumed that all FPS's had at least some degree of auto-aim built in whenever a controller is plugged in, to account for the limited degree of motion.

Where did they go? Please don't say CS....

15. JBCool

JBCool Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    So, is the ultimate edition worth it? Does it save any money?

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys when are we getting our key from cdkeys???

17. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Hi guys,

I have a HUGE blast playing BF1, some of those Maps are simply outstanding, breathtaking !

I don't know with what guys you Play but I am getting revived so many times in the Battlefield when playing alone (Support) and I dish out a lot of Ammo or Medic Packs when I Play Medic.

When I Play with my Friends, we cleary choose each class and are in the same Squad for Maximum Efficiency. I mostly Play Support and my friends get revived and I give them Ammo as a thanks :)

BF1 clearly Needs more skill then BF4, it puts me back into those wonderful BF1942 timeframe :)
    I like pretty much all maps except for Sinai Dessert.

If anyone wants to Play with me on PC, add me on Origin and lets have some fun :)

Origin Name: OneHundretMoons

Game runs much better and since I deactivated the Origin Overlay InGame I get no more DirectX Crashes ! Plus the game runs super smooth for me on 4K and everything on Ultra.

More friends are joining us over the Period of the next few Days, and those are mostly BF Players who stopped playing BF, once BF4 came out.

I do not regret my decision that I bought the Ultimate Edition :)

What an awesome Game!

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I've been trying to figure those out myself, ray tracing would be lighting and shadow related and the filmic effects should have something to do with various post-process options but so far I've not been able to get a good comparison, it's very subtle it seems aside from the 30 second or so after you've enabled the setting where the game loads (caches?) shader changes and framerate drops down to almost single digits and then it's back as usual once that's done.

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Two questions, do you know that on consoles there's aim help / auto aim in place? Second, has your brother tried to play this game with mouse and keyboard, and still rank diamond?

I agree that BF's competitive scene isn't really what one would expect or like. I think the idea of letting them play Rush is good, or even operations mode now, it takes a bit longer and takes out the camper and spawn creeper stuff.

But what annoys me about all of that is that such competitive matches only include infantry gameplay. Sure I know that it would be hard to play comp with vehicles because you'd need a seriously bigger team to try that, but playing Battlefield without vehicles just isn't Battlefield to me. Vehicles have been THE outstanding quality of BF's multiplayer since it's first days. I think competitive play should take that into account also.

20. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    I also had a blast with the game so far!

Been playing mostly as a sniper (which I did not play that much in previous BFs), and I'm going for the 10th rank so I could get my hands on that Martini rifle!!! :D

I'm still killing it with the Laurence of Arabia one though! :banana:

I will add you tonight when I get home from work :D