Any links to EVGA FTW 1080 updated bios or modded BIOS?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Dburgo, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Anyone, anyone?

Bueller.... Bueller...

[​IMG]

2. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    was only for 1070's sir. Sorry I was putting kids to bed.

3. mstcobra

mstcobra Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti (H2O)
    I too am looking forward to an updated vbios for my 1080 FTW. I <3 the card but would really appreciate a vbios that 1) sets the 130% power limit of the slave bios but retains the fan stop of the master bios and 2) does something for the vram. I can do +600 on my vram and remain stable in all tests but if I do more than +50, my while system takes a dump when exiting D00M in Vulcan mode. My G1 1080 never had that issue, albeit it didn't OC nearly as well on the core and had an insufficient power limit.

4. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

I myself am looking to just get more voltage I'd be happy with 1.25v.

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Not possible yet.

6. mstcobra

mstcobra Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti (H2O)
    From what I understand the Pascal architecture doesn't scale well with voltage.

7. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Actually it does. For 2 days now I am testing the T4 ASUS bios found in overclockers website's 1080 thread. This FTW will do 2177 @ 1.2v then throttle back to 2139 at 1.17 volts. Albeit, with some games being a little more finicky than others at this maximum voltage OC. The T4 bios eradicates the power limit, I'm not sure how this effects this OC in that respect. But with 1.17v @ 2152 to a throttle of 2114 @ 1.1 has shown great results as well. I will post Timespy results later to prove the viability of this Bios I found.

8. TheRyuu

TheRyuu Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    This, it was only for 1070's. All 1080's have used the same(?) Micron GDDR5X since launch.

9. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    A bit off topic, but speaking of EVGA and modded BIOS'. I had to make a custom BIOS for my EVGA GeForce GTX 950 SC GAMING
    to underclock it because it was not stable at the stock clock of 1152 MHZ with boost of 13xx MHZ.
    I was getting "Driver Stopped Responding" errors, and freezes. I set it to 1102 with boost of 12xx and it seems stable now.

It was that or RMA, and pay shipping, and risk getting some crap card that some overclocker blew up and RMA'ed before
    or a downgrade or something. I read some EVGA hate in the latest driver thread, and I'm wondering if EVGA is known for using
    crap parts or something more-so than other manufacturers?

10. mstcobra

mstcobra Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti (H2O)
    Nah man, EVGA is legit. In fact, they are kinda a quality and performance staple on the Nvidia side of the enthusiast world.

I regards to your 970, I would revert back to the stock BIOS and RMA it. If you're not even getting stable stock clocks, it can't get worse. In any case, give their customer support/RMA dept a chance. They are known for great customer service & QC.

11. Vellinious

Vellinious Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW x 2
    Need to use the voltage / frequency curve editor, and use a really steep curve on the 1.093v position. I've had 3 1080 FTWs that all ran 2190+ on air in timespy testing using that method. They always tend to run better around 2164 to 2173, though. Had one running 2227 on air.....

I haven't tried the T4 bios yet, but it might offer some more stability at the very high clocks. I'll probably try it this weekend.

Here's one of the test runs at 2227.

[​IMG]

12. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

whats your timespy score? can you validate that? Im interested in how you think you get so high without any sort of modded BIOS? Just cause its set in the curve after 1.1, it wont register the higher clocks because it stops at 1.1v.

13. Vellinious

Vellinious Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW x 2
    Well.....scroll right. GPUz sensors tab shows it ran at those clocks....the voltage that 2227 was set at, was 1.093v, not 1.1. That's also shown in the screencap. As you can see, it held the clocks quite nicely.

These were done during testing runs to see where the GPUs would run best at. That was the highest the best GPU would run. 2227, but the frames on graphics test 1 were lower than when it was at 2193. As for scores...I never do full runs for testing. It takes too long.

Regardless...I chose that one for the primary card in the SLI setup. I got the blocks on the other day and did a few test runs. I wanted to see if they'd hit 16k graphics score in Timespy. First run was at 2114 and they ran 15k something. Raised it to 2164 on the 1.093v spot, and got my 16k graphics score. Didn't feel the need to push further yet.

I'm on a backup PSU atm...my good one died, replacement is on the way. I don't want to push too hard until it does.

I did a full run on SLI, with the CPU on stock. I might do some single card runs again next weekend.

[​IMG]

14. mstcobra

mstcobra Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti (H2O)
    With the stock FTW bios, both slave and master and both new and old my voltage caps at 1.05v no matter what I do with the slider in Afterburner or Precision.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. mstcobra

mstcobra Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti (H2O)
    So it seems I can get to 1.093 using a curve.

16. mstcobra

mstcobra Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti (H2O)
    Woohoo - Now that I got 1.093v I was able to go to 2202!