Forza Horizon 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I was hoping not to have to do it every time manually like I have to put the game as low priority and affinity changes every time I run it.

Does anyone know how to get your music working in the game with OneDrive? I heard that it can be done I don't have groove. Thanks!

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    So, a couple of patches later - is the game safe to buy?

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    IMO, the game was fine at launch so long as you were happy to play it at 30 fps which is what the game was designed to be played at and, in that respect, it plays fine IMO.

Two patches later and the game still cannot hold a solid 60 fps on my system even at 2560x1440 Ultra with MSAA and FXAA off. It can hit 60 fps but during races the framerate can dip to 35-45 fps which results in offputting controller response. That's why I've settled for 30 fps as I prefer the consistency.

It runs great at 4K Ultra 30 fps with 8xMSAA + FXAA apart the odd very rare freeze which can last upwards of 30-60 seconds (oddly, this last issue has only started happening since the last patch and did not happen previously).

4. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I agree totally with the above. Same with my system.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks for the response but I cannot play games at 30fps. If so I prefer to buy a console which is way cheaper. Darren, I know you play a lot of PS4 if I remember correctly so I guess you're "used" to enduring 30fps? I on the other hand am not so it would be painful and I'd think about it all the time.

By the way, 4K with 8xMSAA must be way more demanding than 1080p with 4xMSAA? How come you cannot get 30fps more at those settings?

6. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Maybe my game runs so smooth because I run FXAA with downsampling 3440x1440 and its much smoother then 4xMAA @ 2560x1080 and look better.

I rarely use above 2x MSAA anyways when I do.

7. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Woah, you really don't like < 60 fps. :p
    It's all a matter of preference. I don't enjoy 60 FPS on certain titles. Gears of War 4, I actually limit the fps so I play around 30-40. Same with Rise of the Tomb raider. Titles like Overwatch though, I prefer maximum fps. I could imagine I'd also be like that with racing titles.

8. deets75

deets75 Guest

Im another who limits it to 30fps and just gets on and enjoys the game. luckily the smart folk on here, darren and maxx both reminded me that its a great FUN game and the 30fps lock is pretty darn solid.

since then Ive been enjoying some of the best racing fun since burnout.

I know some folk specifcially have weird issues with 30fps, but for most folk its just PC master race BS. frame rate anxiety is a curse in PC gaming

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Racing game (imo) need 60fps more than any other genre.

People are obsessesed with numbers though, i know many people who scoff at framerate locks but play with distracting, headache inducing framerates.

How it looks it more important than what the frame counter is saying.

Any news on the demo?

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This forum has turned into ****ing joke.

After all the years of bitch pissing and moaning every time a port comes and it doesnt feature all the bells and whistles uncapped fps, fov and 21:****ing 9 support... complaining about the cinematic 30 framerates and black bars, Arkham Kinght...you're now convincing yourselves that 30fps is ok?

Is that how starved you are for games that you're prepared to settle for these lazy ass ports?

The pc really is dying, i never believed that before, but since you pussies cant control your wallets enough to demand quality products, this **** is what has set a precedence. Just like DLCs and season passes (How was Dues EX MD anyway, did they sell you the ending yet?)..

Amazing how MS can piss people around with the poor patching system, broken exclusives, no support for modifications for even the likes of reshade..

To state that anyone expecting more than 30fps on the ****ING PC is just a master race'er.... what a ****ing joke pc gamers have become. The developers cant be bothered to make an OS exclusives game properly and you convince yourself that the problem isnt the lazy devs, its in fact the "master race" who've wronged you.

I bet in 5 -10 years time when MS decides to limit home users to only 1 HDD at a max of 1tb, as you'll need to pay extra for more hdd support...you mother ****ers will come out and tell people they're just entitled for demanding more hdd access for free.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016

11. deets75

deets75 Guest

I used to think so, then I just played the games and now I feel stupid.

12. deets75

deets75 Guest

oh hush up for gods sake with your ranting sweary guff.

we enjoy playing games and thats the priority. I grew up playing arcade games, I grew up playing on my master system. i have no clue what the frame rate was on those games, but it was just fun. I enjoyed it and thats the darn point.

edit: and no, wanting 60fps isnt master race, but claiming its impossible to enoy a game at 30FPS IS. not complicated, or so I thought, but take your faux outrage somewhere else

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2016
  13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Racing games need 60fps minimum and super smooth input. Even more then FPS.

I will not play Forza at 30 fps.

Nor will I use dynamic setting either. I can see it start to like ass in realtime when I drop below 60 fps. So I just stick to high settings to maintain 60fps most of the time.

14. maxx126

maxx126 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    exactly!

15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The cursing is getting repetitive and rather annoying. Infraction added. Discussions are fine, but keep it civilized.

16. deets75

deets75 Guest

well thats your choice, but thats maybe more a mental thing than a reality thing.

the WORST thing for racing games is stuttering and frame drops.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Agree, 30fps is unacceptable by racing games,.. I remember that Disney racing game PURE? locked at 30fps, that was very unpleasant with lots of eyesore..

Imo microsoft messed up with this protection system.
    Although I just saw this game on some Torrent site fully cracked ~ 50GB dl, so I guess this new protection is just another fail crippling modern hardware on purpose.

18. deets75

deets75 Guest

ha pure was insanely good fun!! still got it somewhere

19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I've been saying this for years. I've continually made fun of the same idiots who over and over pre-order games from companies with a well documented, horrible record of ports. Ubisoft comes to mind. Everyone was in an outrage over Far Cry 4 stuttering and no one was buying ubisoft ever again!! The watchdogs came out and those same idiots pre-ordered and then claimed never would they buy ubisoft again, then they all pre-ordered the division and now bitch there's no support.

PC gamers have become the dumbest type of gamer you can have - more money than sense. I see half a forum filled with complaints about the lacking support for sli, then I see 75% of the users still using SLI years later.

And that's the problem with forums and always has been. You just get peple that talk the talk but don't walk the walk. People claiming to never buy ubisoft again on here also have a 2nd webpage up preodering the latest ubisoft game.

PC gamers killed pc gaming. Just remember that.

20. deets75

deets75 Guest

you have gone off a misguided rant and made another misguided rant.

the only issue raised was 30fps... as funnily enough, I agree with what you say and 99% of the time do not pre order and cancelled my horizon 3 pre order when it folk said it was unplayable.

then the sane folk came along and made it clear that at 30fps lock it is stable, which is a different question.

dont mix stuff up into this odd outrage.

I get the feeling some folk would rather horizon just not come out on the PC unless its 60 fps and thats kinda absurd given the FUN ive been having playing it.

anyway, lets keep the outrage off this stuff and talk to each other reasonably, we are all supposed to be here for the same reason.