Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    As expected.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, to any that have had a chance to play it... have DICE finally improved their abilities at a campaign?
    The time period setting instantly caught my attention. But, DICE are about as competent at creating a solid and gripping campaign as I am at even making a video game.

I get everyone gets these "FOR THE MP!" but there are those that would love a great campaign in this time period.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It has pretty good atmosphere at least although the first level or "war story" as it's now six separate ones is a fairly linear tutorial while explaining some of the elements of the game and also the war itself.

British campaign which is the second war story (And last available one in the trial mode.) has five additional levels mainly focusing on tank warfare with the first almost simulating a multiplayer game with capturing and holding zones while slowly advancing.

Key moments are told via cutscenes (pre-rendered and a bit above what the in-game visuals are capable of delivering.) and the developers try to keep it a bit varied between the different levels or even in the same level with various diversions such as doing emergency repairs or being forced to scout ahead due to weather conditions, in this case thick fog.

There's been trailers of I think almost if not all the six or so total war stories showing parts of what they will be about that might give some better insight than what's available from the trial version of the game but it can also contain spoilers.

EDIT: Found them.
    https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/singleplayer

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I think this game has very high chances to have a great SP campaign. They certainly put a lot more effort in it than I would have expected them to.

6. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Campaign is great.

7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Damn, went back to BF4 to grab my 100kills with M1911 for the community mission.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  9. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Today I have decided to take a look at memory usage during multiplayer. Played 64 player conquest on all 4 maps that are available in trial and on each map RAM usage was always between 4 and 4,5 GB. That is for the game I mean.

With system RAM usage and all my background stuff combined it stayed around 7,5 - 8 GB in total.

10. Kashinoda

Kashinoda Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Nvidia doesn't support dx12 :3

12. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    OMG my time ran out , roll on Friday :D

Just so you know you get a five minute warning then thats it. It doesnt matter halfway through map or not your just booted back to desktop :D

13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    vpn should allow play tomorrow (monday) at 11am ish

14. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    This sounds awesome, tbh

15. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    The same table for DX11 ?

16. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Please. I hope you are joking right.

On a lighter note, not sure if you guys have seen this
    Kalibri gun.
    https://youtu.be/xqVwgGdwwLs

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    No use in running this game in dx12 unless you desperately need those extra few fps in performance. :rolleyes:
    dx11 is still the way to go with Nvidia hardware and/or multi gpu rigs.

18. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I wonder how long will it take for DICE to implement multi GPU support for DX12

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Good question, the only dev even bothering about making multi GPU work under dx12 was Stardock, and AotS arguably wasn't really made for the game but only talked about as a technical stunt. There it worked, but other than that I have yet to see a working implementation of either CFX or SLI.

And that's exactly what they created, putting multi adapter stuff on the dev's side and not dx's, it's practically dead because none of them actually bothers with GPU sales, rather having another thing they'd need to spend time / money on to do. And with the optimisations we do (NOT) see for PC gaming it leaves me quite pesimistic about multi GPU systems running well in dx12 anytime soon.

20. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    From my undestanding consoles use 1 GPU architecture. Both Vulkan & DX12, from my understanding move the multi GPU support from card vendor to game developer.

Some development technologies, such as temporal antialiasing rely on previous frame info to continue, which wont happen in SLI, as they render one after another. Same goes for half screen rendering, so it wont probably work, seams?

So all these together make me VERY pessimistic for multi GPU future. It's just a shame as there is no way we will get a single card that will push 4k+ resolutions to 100+ frame range with all bells and whistles, any time soon :(