Samsung Halts Selling Note 7 For Now

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Samsung stopped selling and fabbing the Note 7 temporary until they have fixed all the battery issues. Currently there are seven reports on batteries that caught fire, and these are the newly exchange...

Samsung Halts Selling Note 7 For Now

2. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 Phantom
    Yeah..., limited edition!

3. Poyo

Poyo Guest

GPU:
    Intel 4600
    "Batter issues"

Woah, Samsung deep fries their products? :bonk:

4. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I admit I was a bit skeptical if a company like Samsung can mess this much, at such a scale, entirely on their own. Twice...

I guess I was wrong. It seems they can after this news.

No more to say.

5. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    It's not first time a smartphone battery explodes. It happened in iPhones it happened in Xiaomi's phones and and many others in past. However it's first time something like this is so widespread in a hole product line. Even the newer "safe" replacements started exploding. All major reviewers and tech sites withdraw their commendations for this phone and advised everyone to not buy this phone and if you have you should return it and get a refund. This phone is dead now. Samsung messed it up seriously hard. This fiasco will change the whole industry. It will affect all OEMs on how they handle battery tech and quality testing. This is a good thing though. It's a huge lesson for everyone. Samsung rushed the product and skipped some quality testing with this phone. A product must never get a release before it's been thoroughly tested for safety and quality reasons.

6. tailspin

tailspin Member

GPU:
    ARES II 6GB
    and in other news Sony keeps on working...

I don't seem to have any random fire problems ( :flame: Samsung) or phone auto-brick on update :)bang: IOS Apple) with my Sony Xperia phone. And you can still use "normal" headphones as well as Bluetooth.

Don't know why people are so hung up on Apple or Samsung ! Get a Sony :) and you will have less dramas peoples. :banana:

7. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Note 7 is a big failure. They should just cancel that product.

8. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Just get a Oneplus 3 guys. Better specs with some extras like dual sim and no bloatware for half the price! And that's coming from someone with 10 years of experience repairing mobile phones for authorised service centre(all manufacturers apart Xiaomi & 1+). (no I do not get payed by them!)

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Little bit too much iron in their batter.:banana:

10. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    I got a Xperia Z2 and its still a great phone, honestly i haven't seen any need to upgrade it yet, the screen is great, the camera is great, its water proof, runs all the apps i have thrown at it (including the shadowrun returns game), the latest android update for it actually even improved its battery performance, and made it even smoother in usage, felt like a free phone upgrade.

11. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    My thoughts exactly who in their right mind is going to buy one now?

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Pyromaniacs.

Although I'm not sure how big the market is

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    This is the worst phone ever made, no such phone was recalled twice, or even recalled and still have been on news, exploding everywhere, put as a mod in GTA V, banned from many places, and all American carrier pulling the plug... Disaster!!!

They rushed it to beat iphone 7, but they dug their own grave, Sammy name will be damaged for good, and i hope we will see Note 8, but the S8 need to steal the show in all front, and have ZERO issues, ZERO.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    “We are temporarily adjusting the Galaxy Note7 production schedule in order to take further steps to ensure quality and safety matters.”

Samsung was reported to have brought worldwide production of the Galaxy Note 7 to a screeching halt after multiple reports of battery fires emerged. Now, in a statement given to Android Central, the company says it will be “adjusting” its production schedule to ensure quality and safety, something that was thought to have been done for the first round of replacement devices.

http://www.talkandroid.com/303254-s...r-the-galaxy-note-7-after-more-battery-fires/

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    How did they rush it? It launched around the same time every other Note launched. They obviously have some kind of battery implementation issue that was overlooked in testing. Just because something is wrong doesn't mean it was rushed.

Also I doubt it will effect Samsung sales in the long run. People will forget about it in a year.

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I read an article that actually had insiders quote about that, the Note supposed to launch in September and not august.

But anyway that a fail of a phone, it should be banned entirely as it has no future.

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I definitely agree that at this point the phones name has been tarnished beyond repair and they should probably just cancel it.

That being said, I think that this entire debacle is an interesting look at tech/media journalism and how misinformation spreads like wildfire. Samsung basically said that 80% of the original Note 7 fires were fake. That didn't stop tech sites from basically posting every single Note 7 re-release fire as news, before anyone confirmed any of the stories. In fact, half the articles didn't even confirm that the fires were re-released Note 7s and not originals. I've also yet to see a single article talk about other company phone fires and how that compares to Samsung numbers at all. I know for a fact other phones have exploded in the past due to battery issues - what's the average failure rate for other companies or the phone market as a whole? I'll never know because no one asks these questions anymore. They just publish rumor emails for that sweet ad revenue.

And that's not to say I expect Guru3D to do it - but there are media publications with tech journalists that are dedicated to phone coverage. None of them have had a decent article on the issue that looks into it. It's all garbage.

18. Hapatingjaky

Hapatingjaky Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080Ti OC
    What I don't understand is the S7 Edge is exactly the same phone. Spec for spec its identical except three things. The S7 Edge supports APTx within bluetooth, has a better PPi of 534 as opposed to the notes 518 and get this has a bigger battery????

S7 Edge - 3600 mAh
    Note 7 - 3000/3500 mAh

So the Edge has a better battery, better PPi, APTx and doesn't blow up.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I think the word here is it has a 'different' battery

But it might not be the actual battery at fault, it could be some fault in the phone forcing the battery to perform beyond it's limits

20. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    A noteworthy decision.

(Yes, I will burn in hell for this.)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016