Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Avast CyberCapture Flags this as bad, I "think" I submited this as false positive threw avast it self but i not sure so i submited it threw the website too.

For now one must either disable shields before make exceptions or setting cybercapture to allow to run suspicious files

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.2.0 Released.

ChangeLog:

-Major AMD devices removal enhancements / fixes.
    Fixed a cast from String --> String()
    Minor fixes for the driverstore for AMD
    minor adjustment for the AMD audio bus removal (fix trying to remove 2 times)
    Additional AMD Cleanup.
    -Verification on DDU launch if there is missing files.
    -Transalations updates :
    Spanish (Spain).xml
    Ukrainian.xml

SHA1: BB2ED1F80DA0063FE6E6DDE5417AC1110969E8D9

Recommended usage:
    -The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
    -Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
    -It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.

Important note: Most of these change wouldn't have been possible without the help of a fantastic coder: "devmltk"

http://www.wagnardmobile.com

3. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    @ Wagnard,
    I like what you have done too your web site very professional and impressive.

4. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Glad you like it.
    I think it is a little better than the last one.
    There are still some adjustments to work out. But for now it's good enough to have it live.

5. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    It looks fine, but then again I had no problem with the previous design either. :D

6. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Happy Birthday, Wagnard!

Sorry for the late congratulations, but as you can see I have not been on this forum for a long time.

I just want to say that you have come really far and I am so glad that everyone is still helping you, you still have the same enthusiasm you showed me when you first started making this lovely program.

I still remember helping you in the early days of this program on this forum and I must say that I will always keep these memories in my heart. It makes me so happy that you still are very devoted to keep this program up-to-date.

You are a inspiritation, not only for me but I think also for those who are interested in making programs like this.

I want to thank you again for all of your hard work and ofcourse those who helped you in making it this far. Thank you.

Unfortunately, as you see I haven't been on here for a long time. I currently don't have the time anymore to contribute myself to this project, but I am sure that you guys can manage to keep this program up and running.

I can say without doubt that we as a community love cleaning our computers of old display drivers with just a single click of a button, on the program called 'DDU' (Display Driver Uninstaller) made by someone who shares a great passion for programming.

Take care!

Friendly regards

Your good friend Elite3540.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  7. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks a lot my friend for your message. It is good to know that my work is appreciated and it is the early user like you that made it possible for me to go this far.

It is sad that you dont have the time (or what ever the reason) to play around here but we have all real life stuff going on and I may myself (one day...) move along to other stuff.

Anyway, you made my day !

8. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Hello Wagnard, I want to report something I have never experienced before with your DDU program.

I am using the latest DDU program you have up for download, and use it along with win 10 x64 enterprise(Build V.14942), and during when the nvidia drivers is being cleansed, under the log window, right when it says Cleaning SetupAmi Completed, the whole system become frozen "EXCEPT" mouse & Keyboard, this is either in Safe mode or normal mode and it seems also this Only pertains with with build V.14942, all other builds seems to work alright.

There is a way to bypass the hangin' during ddu cleansing with build 14942, right during cleansing mode or before hand, make "SURE" you have clicked on pc settings under the task icon, this is from what I have experienced, the cleansing will go through and the system will NOT hang, but still, there is no need for this.

So you can use this build but make sure when you use DDU, be very weary about this bug, also along with having problems installing certain programs with this win 10 build revision and the previous build before it(14936), other then that = O

Can you look into this if you could? Thanks.

BTW, Love your program, this along driver sweeper for Extra Deep cleaning = FTW!!!

Keep up the good work.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  9. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks for hte information. I will try to repro this in a VM.
    Also can you share some of your DDU logs with me ? just in case I find something.
    YOu can email them at wagnard28@gmail.com

Edit: I was able to identify a weird issue on 14942 that seems to affect only the nvidia cleaning. Ill try to see if this is something I can workaround or if its a Win10 bug.

Edit2: it seems the issue is happening because Killing the "dwm.exe" process is unstable in this windows build version.

Since it is not really essential, i'll comment it out for the next version. (I will appreciate if you can confirm it fixes your issue)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  10. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.2.1 Released.

ChangeLog:

-Removed the killing of the DWM process. (Was causing issues in Windows 10 insider build 14942)
    -Removed AMD Updater from TaskScheduler
    -Transalations updates :
    Turkish.xml

SHA1: 303F4D8F57450C4125B20F76F9EAE7FBFAECAB10

Recommended usage:
    -The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
    -Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
    -It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.

Important note: Most of these change wouldn't have been possible without the help of a fantastic coder: "devmltk"

http://www.wagnardmobile.com

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

Thanks alot, I am back on build V. 14931 as of now as two of the newer builds over this one is having some kind of issue when installing certain programs.

I might give this a shot when the next available win 10 x64 insider preview shows up, gonna wait till the next new build or the one after.

Thanks again friend.

12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok on the new build just recently came out, just heads up Wagnard, your new build works perfectly from what I understand. Still, programs such as FL Studio 12.3 can NOT install worth jack, at least Traktor Pro 2 does. Thanks again Wagnard.

13. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks for the info! Glad it seems to be working.

14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

Your DDU programs really Does the job well, I usually use the old driver sweeper 3.2.0 then your ddu in safe mode = Excellent!!

Your program reminds me when I started using that program WAY back in the days, NFR or AKA:

NaStY FiLe RemOVeR

That program was Great back in the days, your ddu reminds me of it, cleans Extremely well.

Keep up the good work. I have tried Driver fusion but have to pay to get full version, so I use DW 3.2.0, still does good job but If I was going to use just one program, Most defin't DDU all the way as its always gets updated and Overall I think it does a better job.

15. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    XP does not tell me what dependencies required.

I've installed all relevant VC++ redists.

.NET may be?

16. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    .NET V3 is required.

17. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    I get this with V17.0.2.1 downloaded from your homepage.

[​IMG]

using these settings:

[​IMG]

18. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    There is a file missing.

Just re-install it. You didnt extract the files correctly.

19. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    yeah, i reinstalled several times, from both wagnard page and guru3d download.

i just double click on the exe file and unzip, like I always did every single DDU version.

I do see the file in question inside the nvidia folder.

[​IMG]

I can turn on logging and send the logs if you care enough :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  20. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Yes that is weird indeed. Send me the log at wagnard28@gmail.com

I think it may be because you have unticked the GeForce experience.

EDIT: ITS A BUG. Just tick GeForce Experience and it will work.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016