Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.10.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Oct 5, 2016.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    So FreeSync is rally working on DVI Monitor without special HW.
    look into CRU thread :)

2. Leito360

Leito360 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 Nitro+
    Nope... 99% usage.

http://i.imgur.com/1qReKRb.jpg

3. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Could you provide more details? Would be interesting to check it on some random dvi display.

4. Di0g0

Di0g0 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 Dual-X
    Strange, mine is always changing for 99% to 0%... But everything works fine without FPS loss. I don't understand whats going on with AMD, so many things that doesn't work properly -.-

Are you using this last driver? What GPU do you have (brand)?

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ToastyX (maker of CRU) shows in CRU thread that this is Working !

6. Nospheratu

Nospheratu Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7970M CrossFire
    Same here with 7970M's CrossFired on an M17x R2. I create a restore point before installing any driver after the 16.7.2 WHQL as Windows gets corrupted after the frozen restart screen. There's quite a few users on AMD's forums that are having the same problem and it's not only laptop users that are affected.

You can check out the thread's below.

https://community.amd.com/thread/203914
    https://community.amd.com/thread/203610
    https://community.amd.com/thread/206222
    https://community.amd.com/thread/205671

It would help if you reported it to AMD on www.amd.com/report referencing the above threads. I have reported it already but the more reports AMD receive the better our chances of it getting fixed.

7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Thanks for the links.

I've submitted a bug report for every driver this happens with since it started happening with 16.7.3. Never heard anything back or any acknowledgement on AMD's side, even. And yeah, I've got Crossfired 7970Ms in my M18x-R2 as well. I tried making restore points and restoring whenever it happened, but the system restore always seems to fail, too. It's a mess. :(

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  8. Leito360

Leito360 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 Nitro+
    Yes, latest drivers and RX480 Nitro (but with reference frequencies)

9. Di0g0

Di0g0 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 Dual-X
    Me too.. Nitro+ OC. Which games did you use to test (Only heaven benchmark)? Do you have GTA:SA?

10. Leito360

Leito360 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 Nitro+
    Not playing that much... the other game's Doom and runs perfectly.

11. Nospheratu

Nospheratu Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7970M CrossFire
    Yeah there's no proper acknowledgement apart from the automated receipt email.

Thanks for the posts on the AMD forums, apart from spamming them with bug reports I think that's the only way we can get AMD's attention together with tagging @Ray_M and @AMDMatt. @Ray_M helped resolve a previous long standing CrossFire issue that way.

12. Leito360

Leito360 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 Nitro+
    Well, I "solved" it by reducing the GPU and memory frequencies to its minimum in MSI AB, that would be 650/1000, now the game runs fine using 99% of the GPU most of the time.

13. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Idle bug definitely NOT fixed! It worked for small amount of time and today it happened twice after using Firefox/youtube, restart fixed it but just for an 1 hour. Very, very bad AMD!!

14. Di0g0

Di0g0 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 Dual-X
    I don't understand. So, you reduced your clocks to make your GPU use go to 99%? That's weird...

With the stock clocks what GPU usage do you get with Doom (in openGL)? Can you check it please?

What bug? Symptoms?

15. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    At idle clocks are stock at 450/1200, and nothing but a restart could bring them back to 300/150.

16. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    wow checked mine and both atikmdag.sys and aitkmpag.sys were from august and NOT updated. Thanks for the find.

17. Leito360

Leito360 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 Nitro+
    By default, I configure MSI AB to set the clock to 650/1000 for the 2D profile, so what I did was to set those clocks for MKX as well, now the GPU is getting 99% utilization and the temperature doesn't go up when it reaches 38 or 40 Celsius.

Why would you want to run Doom under OpenGL when you can use Vulkan and get 99% utilization no matter what?

18. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Please report it also, even if for the nth time as I've been doing. Else they might never look at it.
    One solution that was posted here is to run CRU (link) to restart the driver, instead of having to restart the whole system. Then you'll need also to relaunch your clocks monitoring tool, else it'll keep reporting the previous clock before the driver restart, any external OC might need to be applied again also.

19. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I haven't updated my Windows in a long while, could that be the reason I'm not getting the bug? :infinity: The 10586 build even had Zero core working for me. But this anniversary update is plain ****ty.

20. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Most people have Windows 10 do the update work automatically, so we are all in the same build I would guess.