Forza Horizon 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Im already downsampling from 3440x1440@80hz and with high settings its raping my 290x and looks fantastic.

I always force AF in games at driver level.

2. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

I'm at Ultra with dynamic enabled @ 4k and it dips as low as 52 fps. But it does look alot better than high settings. Especially at night. The soft glow but high res is actually freaking sweet. Figured out the wheel tho. 660 degrees rotation in logitech default config with 60% center spring feels really good.- most of the wheel tweaks in game at 130 and sensitivity to 10 but steering maximum rotation turned down to 60 gives alot more room to steer without spinning out as easily. Now I can race competitively online. Rebuilt my 370z in game and the acceleration is close and drive-ability is pretty good to an 800 point A class car. Almost found my 2 piece rims too. I cant stop racing guys online, some sick japanese guys racing everything while chatting on in the race is hilarious! Did that four 3 hours. I cant believe how fast people are leveling up on this. Cant wait for my buttkicker gamer 2 to arrive! G920 leather wheel keeping me gripping the roads as much as possible now!

3. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I have Logitech G27 wheel/pedal set. What are the button assignments? Are there best settings?

4. deets75

deets75 Guest

well that sold me as you two know your games.

as I had credit refunded, I either had to rebuy this or gears. and while gears looks fun, im more a driving game person.

knowing 30 lock is fine and is a great fun game is no problem for me.

so thanks, its loaded up at ultra 4k 30fps lock and seems to run just fine. had one crash to desktop mind you, but the game runs stutter free at 30 so ill get a lot of enjoyment out of this :)

5. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

too many to list, but the default profile that it has for both wheels will let you do everything you need. As for my G920, everything i need is bound except looking left and right.

6. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I like the button assignments in the default wheel profile better than those in G27 profile. How can I change button assignments? How can I improve the tire traction so that the vehicles don't spin out too easily while steering them?

7. deets75

deets75 Guest

on my 980ti its suggested 4k30fps ultra and its rock solid and looks lovely.

no input lag and no stuttering. so am very glad I cam back to this thanks to the wise words of some trusted gamers.

its so much like burnout paradise its crazy, one of my all time most fun games...

8. maxx126

maxx126 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    Glad to hear that you are having fun as well. Anyone playing this can add me as a friend in the game: Maxxxximum is my gamer tag.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Ill try those settings on my G25.
    My GF has a 2015 Mustang, so ofcourse I have a gt350, I own a 2015 Fiesta ST, so I built that in game as well, and I own a 82 GT 5.0 mustang. Closest I can get to that is the 93 Cobra Mustang.

I can drift the fricken hell out of this game. Even 4th gear in dirt in the gt 350. Its a blast flying through the country parts of the game in the 350 doing 170 mph+

10. deets75

deets75 Guest

I added you :)

deets808 for anyone else as well

partner is enjoying it as well, she enjoys just free roaming about

edit: and she said she was getting pop ups to invite to play or something, so if that was you, sorry, she was trying to beat the first race :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2016

11. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Unfortunate the game has been so hastily ported to PC, at least this is my impression. You'd think Apex running very well would have guaranteed Horizon 3 performing within the same range but it's clear the two games are using different engine branches. Horizon 3's level of performance is sadly not something I can see being fixed, ever. Like Arkham Knight I strongly suspect the engine itself is not tuned to the PC architecture.

Playground Games claim they are looking into the issue but what can they do really ? Rewrite substantial parts of their engine for one platform ? Not practical.

It's playable on my system but the stutters are annoying.

12. maxx126

maxx126 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    I was tring to find out how can I challenge my friends. It seems only way to do this is to create private free roam session and invite your friends in it then you can play with them. You were the only one online at that point so she might have seen my session invite :)

13. deets75

deets75 Guest

ah right! I havent played any games with my friends using the new xbox app thingy, it used to all work quite well as GFWL so hopefully its simple enough...

on an interesting note, like with GFWL, I think you can setup and use different profiles and they get their own reset game to explore and such.

14. deets75

deets75 Guest

30 or 60fps?

edit: and I agree, I think its probably just how its going to be... but I hope im wrong...

15. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    I don't know if anyone read about it but the mystery to this games performance appears to be the fact the the games engine is using system ram for graphics assets instead of vid ram. This is due to the Xbox One using unified memory where GPU and CPU share one pool. This probably explains the stuttering. Ram speed is king if you want 60 fps. Also explains stuttering even when the resolution is 1024x768 for some.

With some DDR4@2800 on a 1070 1440p with everything ultra except shadows I am getting locked 60. The only time I am seeing drops are at the end of a race when the depth of field effect kicks in and a little bit in Surfers Paradise takes me down to the low 50's for a moment. I would not have noticed if the FPS counter was not on.

16. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I'm aiming for 60fps. Sure, it's nice to have the option to go for 30fps for those who fancy it but I can tolerate fluctuating framerates between 45-60fps.

In this case however it's not so much the raw performance that annoys me, when the game does not stutter performance is very good even with 4xMSAA and ultra settings, but the stutter always rears its grisly head.

Enjoying this game nonetheless. Quite a good racing game really and we don't have much of those on PC.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I experience some really weird freezes playing this game at 30 FPS 4K 8xMSAA Ultra settings where the game literally stops running for upwards of 2-3 minutes before resuming as normal (after I'd pressed the Windows key to go the desktop and then returned back to the game). Yesterday when this happened it was followed by another freeze a few minutes later then a crash to the desktop. This only happens very rarely, usually after an hour or two of playing, and most of the time the game runs perfectly fine.

I never had this issue before I installed the v373.06 driver so I'm wondering if that is the cause? Up to then I'd played the game for over 25 hours without any real issues and certainly no crashes.

The event log only shows the game crashed with error 0xC0000005 or something.

Anyone else experiencing this behavior?

18. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I doubt if that's the problem. You can see that my system RAM is far from the fastest and I get practically no hitches. Maybe one every 90 minutes of play time. it's about the same on 60 fps as on 30.

19. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Can't stop playing... I hooked up my buttkicker gamer 2 on friday, and i never looked back. This thing is incredible to my gaming experience. You have no idea how much this music pulses your driving energy down the road in S1 and faster cars. The rumble between the road with the ffb wheel and road dips and engine roar on the buttkicker seat and it is incredible! I have the wheel set up BETTER than project cars and I still dont believe it. This game is endless! My magic spot for 4k Ultra 2x AA 8x MSAA NO fps limit or vsync or dynamic adjusting turned on. This results in 59-82 fps high low. No stuttering and minimal popup that you wont notice doing 170 mph. Also turned motion blur off. Game is sick.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2016
  20. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I am not happy with FH3.
    1. I can't change button assignments in G27 wheel profile.
    2. I tried to create a custom wheel profile but I get messages saying that key assignments are missing.
    3. I got the first crash to desktop during a race last night.