2K and Hangar 13 Mess up Mafia III release with dumb 30 FPS cap

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 7, 2016.

1. robintson

robintson Guest

GPU:
    Asus_Strix2080Ti_OC
    Completely agree with the "retarded cap crap" wording from -H. They need to respect PC gamers as they do respect console gamers and to make proper ports to PC without standard console 30 fps limits.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  2. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    I really hope that at least 70% of PC pre-orders will ask for refund.That is the only way developers will start listening. Take their money away from them guys! Also share this news everywhere you can.There still are many PC gamers who aren't tech savvy.This is beyond ridiculous. Also I have to say I am happy I stopped preordering 2 years ago with the exception of any DOOM,QUAKE or C&C if we ever gonna get another :) Mafia 3 would surely be a title I was planing to buy. But after this I'll just wait for them to repair it and hope that somebody will crack it afterwards so I can download it virtually spit in 2Ks face

3. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Congrats to all those who acted on this, either by complains, refunds or whatever means they used.

Especially the ones who had pre-ordered the game. THAT'S HOW you vote with your wallet. :thumbup:

That's will teach/make a lot of companies think twice/thrice about their products/services offered when people start requesting refunds or backing out.

lol!

Fixed btw. :p

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  4. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Wait till u have your new asus screen u say otherwise :)

5. Wavy

Wavy Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4Gb
    lmfao...
    I meant to say, in a lengthy way, to all those who doubt the foreseeable difference of 60fps over 30, just go into google and hit 'ufo test' in the search and just enter the first link, i can't link directly since i don't have the points in the forum system.
    Then if the professors still can't see the difference, we can all recommend our goto optometrists.

Hopefully i made my post clearer now :)

6. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    One problem, things DO NOT look like that at 30fps. 30 fps is perfectly smooth in Forza Horizon 3 for example. There is no stuttering or ghosting whatsoever. That so called test is obviously rigged.

7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Hilbert was pissed, i can tell you that xD.
    30 FPS cap is freaking lame, even Batman arkham Knight didn't went that deep into bull****t.

Never played any Mafia game in my life, i don't even know what this franchise is about, is it some kind of GTA or something?

8. Wavy

Wavy Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4Gb
    Clearly whats rigged is your opinion... that test by the way, and that website is used by professional monitor reviewing websites like tftcentral.

But i guess for some folks blue always gonna be red :thumbup:

9. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Racing game? 30FPS acceptable? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Kinda is, actually

11. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    I can read street names as clearly as the text you are reading now (it's killing my eyes tough as they must go left to right really fast..like trying to read a name on a formula one)
    http://testufo.com/#test=photo&photo=toronto-map.png&pps=1920&pursuit=0&height=0
    that's what 120fps+ULMB can do

they did a good job on FH3 with their 30fps and the reason why you think it looks great is because it's a REAL 30fps with zero dropped frames or glitches, something almost no game ever does it's those glitches, drop in framerate or disappearing frames (your fps counter can say 90fps but in reality it looks like 20) that give stuttering and that blurry mess
    try to turn the camera in GTAV on a x360 and you'll see what I mean it looks like a diaporama if there are more than 15fps I'm the pope

the patch is already out btw 60fps yes :) but it doesn't fix the rest of the problems, I watched a live stream and they explained the game had a troubled developement with changes in staff and company, if you work in a big company or industry you know it's not possible to work correctly in those conditions and the game clearly suffered from it.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    and then you look at Gears 4 and how its such a glorious PC port ANNNND its on UWA too which is just baffling. Sure the game looks graphically terrible in a lot of areas but it has massive options tailored for the PC, uncapped fps, fov slider, res up+down scaler, even has settings for async and tiled resources, etc.

Not to mention it runs butter smooth.

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Wrong! It's 60fps actually. But the rest of what you said is completely true. 144Hz/fps is completely noticeable between 30fps and even 60fps too.

http://nerdist.com/your-brain-has-a-frame-rate-and-its-pretty-slow/

14. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Can someone ban the "eye can't see blah blah" trolls, please?

15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    People sure get pretty upset real easily these days...

Yes, I get it, a 30FPS lock on PC is stupid, annoying, and generally should be avoidable. But why is everyone so worked up over this? This is a regular occurrence for PC gamers. If there is a game intended to be played with a console controller, there is a good chance it is going to have some sort of crappy PC port. Obviously, there are exceptions or else we'd never get anything playable.

Remember - you don't just speak with your wallet. Would you rather have a game that plays at 30FPS or no game at all? When you demand refunds and act hostile, you're not encouraging companies to make PC games. The console players get the same experience and they don't complain. In the eyes of the developers, that makes PC a very unappealing market, especially considering there are a lot less of us even though we're more demanding. I understand that we're not going to get a "PC experience" if we don't say anything, but there's a better way of going about it.

Also seriously, stop pre-ordering AAA titles. I don't know how many times people need to be reminded that if you're pre-ordering a AAA game, you're doing more harm than good.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016

16. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

Console players dont complain because most dont know better. Most have a $500 1080p tv with low PPI, sit 6+ feet from the tv. They paid $400 or less for a gaming box.
    Not $1200+ for a PC before a $700 monitor to play the game.
    We pay for an experience that is rewarded by what we built.

This is like building a 800hp race car for $12k, but only to go 30 mph because thats the track that was built for us while they promised a track that could do 60.

The amount of cancelled pre orders shows people are pissed off.
    Many will not be buying the game either.
    People pre order the game for what ever bonus they want.
    Pre ordering did not use to be a bad thing.
    Some wanna play it the second it drops.
    Not everyone can wait long time to download these large games to play once its released.

Just curious about developers view on PC.
    Because most of them dont really come out to the PC community as it is.
    Most publishers piss on the PC community with BS pr arguments and statements for their half ass reasons why the developer was not allowed to do what a damn game developer should be allowed to do.

17. Batboy

Batboy Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce Titan X Hyb.
    I was waiting for this game since 2011... and now this moronic 30FPS. I plan to buy two 1080... and what is the point to do that if they don't fix it? I cannot buy yet! Ridiculous situation!

I wonder who decides to implement this kind of stupid things I've also seen before with other games. When we almost sell our mothers to buy our expensive gaming rigs, how is it possible that in 2016 someone decides that the best feature for PC gaming is 30 FPS. I cannot understand this. They will lose a lot of money. They are shooting their own foot like idiots.

18. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    You may be right! :D

19. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i was just checking out http://www.testufo.com/#test=framerates and it looks waay smother at 120hz than 60hz, 30hz just looks disgusting. But that is the nature of side scrolling things, that test is real as it feels much the same way when i move any windows side to side on my 120hz compared to my 60hz screen.

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    "Encourage"

How we are supposed to "encourage" companies to make game ports to PC? Must we be on all fours, head low, ass up and chanting "give me what you want!"?
    30 FPS or the need of a NASA/CERN/NSA computer to reach something better than we see on consoles is not FAIR (without "") and LOGIC for ppl with PCs who cost 2,3,4 or even more times than a typical console "toaster".

They want to convince console gamers that their cheap toasters are on the same league than PCs and at the same time they want PC gamers to beg for and swallow "fair" ports.

Do you know what is the main (and only) reason game devs and game publisher try to sell games on PC too and not only on Xbox One/PS4?:MONEY.They want the PC gamers $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ TOO after all.

Game dev/pub "fairness" toward console gamers is due to their slim margin per copy on PC.They prefer to sell a copy to a console gamer instead of a copy to a PC gamer BUT THEY WANT ALL THE SELLS because they need them!!!IT'S A BUSSINESS, NOT A FAVOR!

If you don't believe me count the last 2 years REAL console exclusives like Bloodborne.No, MS "exclusives on Xbox One/PC" don't count: they are not REAL exclusive.

"unappealing market"

Try to convince Activision to sell their CODs only to console gamers or Ubi$hit (AKA "It's for PC.Who cares?") to only sell his games on consoles. Even MS as publisher sells now his QB on a real gaming PC store like Steam to make PROFIT after it failed in his Windows 10 Store.

I'm a possible customer...not a dumb and cheap buyer willing to believe the next big thing in gaming is this 4K/60FPS top down micro-machines on PS4 PRO:

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/54220/ps4-pro-hit-native-4k-60fps-hidden-secret-sauce/index.html

I hope this game dev is not going to port the game to PC and ask for a GTX 1080 (or a Titan X) to reach 4K/60 on PC.

:D