2K and Hangar 13 Mess up Mafia III release with dumb 30 FPS cap

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Ok. Thanks for making me look stupid :)

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You are very welcome :dave:

No easily mistaken really, no clue why I had it disabled in the 1st place.

3. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    This is not a problem. Don't know why people make such a huge issue about a 30fps cap. Your eyes can't see past 30fps anyway.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

5. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    If that's the case, then, you don't need that graphics card either. GTX970 would be more than enough for 30fps gaming.

6. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    Where are all the posts stating that you don't need over 30fps anyway since the human eye cannot see more than 30fps......:stewpid:

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Wrong.

Consoles provide 30 FPS optimal experience to give some margin for "superhuman" sight.

If you are on the States your maximum human capacity stops right at 29.97 FPS.

If you cross to Europe it will fall to 23.976 FPS during the flight.

There are also "cheaters" who buy 144Hz monitors.They get an upgraded sight limit to 144 FPS after they pay the monitors.

LOL

8. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Very interesting this subject popped up today as I downloaded Forza 6: Apex from WS last night.I'm on the backup monitor (AOC 1280x1024 @75) again waiting for the Asus VG248QE.

The in-game options give display res @ 1680x1050.Unlocked graphic options at max, aa inluded.I can't see any difference between their "60fps+vsync" and "30fps+vsync" except the heat exiting my case.

So I think it comes down to the game engine really.

9. exzeth

exzeth Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080ti
    You guys aren't, surprised, now are ya? This is going to keep happening until it becomes a mainstream decision to cap ALL games to better compare the PC gaming community to the consoles. Why devs want the "same gaming experience across all platforms" is beyond ridiculous to me. I didn't invest in all this horsepower & triple monitor setups to play at that refresh rate. I"m not alone, but I feel that they just keep pushing it & eventually it'll become a normal thing. I hope not, but what else is there to think??

10. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    The statement they made put it all in perspective: "...The team has been hard at work ensuring that Mafia III’s performance is consistent across all platforms..." This same experience across all platforms needs to stop. OS wise it may make sense to a point but it does not translate to anything beyond that. This attitude could be tolerated if consoles were still like the initial ones were; better graphics and gameplay for a fraction of the cost of the pc hardware needed to achieve the same results. It has not been like that for years upon years upon years. Enough of this imbecilic "we cannot make anyone feel bad" attitude. This whole kumbaya ****e needs to end. It defeats the whole incentive to save up for the best one can get within their means. There is always going to be those that can afford more no matter where on the ladder one is.

Why is there even mention of options for 30 and 60. The only option that should be is unlimited, period. They still do not understand...idiots.

11. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    I pre-ordered the deluxe edition , installed the game, played for less than 10 seconds and closed the game. Not touching this crap. 2017 is around the corner and a game this big is released with 30 FPS cap and the developer didn't know about it !!!!!!

I am seriously thinking about a refund .. but I will end up buying it again when it's fixed... But this really sucks .. what's wrong with all the crap PC releases lately ?!

12. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    All I can say is that if the game played as good as that video shows, I'd be perfectly satisfied.

13. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    Submitted a refund ... Not playing this crap. It's better to have my 80$ back in my pocket and wait for it to be properly fixed than having my money with *******s.

14. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Haha, well I understood you, you were hinting at a missing "r" - "retarded c(r)ap"!

15. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Do you know what f**king makes me laugh? the (few) members on here saying that the human eye can't see the difference between 30 and 60 FPS. SERIOUSLY?! You guys need to go to Specsavers.

Next you'll be telling me that 1080p is all that people need (no, it's really not).

16. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    People that say the human eye can't possibly see more than 24/30 fps are correct but there's a massive caveat to that.

The eye can't see individual frames beyond 30 fps but the brain can still detect a difference between 30-60, 60-120/144.

Anyone who has gamed at 144Hz with 120+ fps can't see the "frames" but can feel the sensation higher frame rates produce.

So it has nothing to do with actual fps and more to do with smoothness 60/120/144 creates.

If you played a game at 144Hz with matching fps and then switched that same game down to a locked 30fps and couldn't feel any difference then you are either a liar or just need your eyes testing.

17. Wavy

Wavy Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4Gb
    I love those "The human eye can't" comments.
    It strikes me with immense pride to read the comments of the scientifically acclaimed professors whom went through 6 years of med school with those few more years of internship to become doctors.
    Not to mention their most exciting journey and extensive scientific research to receive their professorship and academical acknowledgment of their research on the limits of the human eye.
    I wish i had the ability to go through these years of hard work and learning experiences and be just as them.

However...
    Some of us do get lucky to be born genius, and my friends, i was blessed:
    *he reaches to his keyboard and googles 'test ufo dot com', he would link but he does not posses the points*
    Can you spot the difference with thou human eye?

I acknowledge i only put in like 0.00000000000658% of the work of the other acclaimed professors, but should i be deprived of a Nobel Prize because my lactating of genius was acquired via natural selection? that is the real burning question of the day.

18. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  19. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    How do game developers, make the same mistake over and over do they not read what people have to say or are they so ignorant on what is going on around. I see this at least 3-5 times a year that people complain about the same S... I would have thought by now it would have sorted this issue out?

It should be: Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

20. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    can't see^...all images here must be 31fps or faster to view/...lol