Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.10.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Oct 5, 2016.

1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Download - updated to WHQL:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-software-crimson-16-10-1-driver-download.html

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.10.1 Highlights
    Support For:
    Gears of War® 4
    Mafia III™

New AMD CrossFire profile added for DirectX® 11:
    Shadow Warrior™2

Fixed Issues
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ may experience minor stutter during gameplay when using AMD CrossFire mode or may crash when launching the in game benchmark.

The Crew™ may experience a random or sudden FPS drop while playing.
    Battlefield™1 may experience flickering on some surfaces when using AMD CrossFire mode.

Radeon WattMan may fail to keep Power Limit settings after hitting apply in some cases.

Overwatch™ may experience flickering character models while in the hero selection menu or during gameplay in AMD Crossfire mode.

Paragon™ may experience flickering while using AMD FreeSync technology and AMD CrossFire mode in conjunction.

Pixel Format option is no longer missing for some Radeon RX 400 series products in Radeon Settings.

Known Issues
    A few game titles may fail to launch, experience performance issues or crash if the third party application "Raptr" has its game overlay enabled. A workaround is to disable the overlay if this is experienced.

The Division™ may experience a game hang during extended periods of play while in AMD CrossFire mode.

Rise of the Tomb Raider™ may experience an application crash when changing the resolution from in-game menus when running DirectX®12.
    Users can restart the game to complete the resolution change.

While using or having Radeon WattMan open in Radeon Settings in AMD CrossFire mode, the secondary/slave graphics processor clocks will increase to their highest state.

H.264 content may experience blocky corruption when streaming using P2P content players on some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products.

Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.10.1 installation package contains the following:
    Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.10.1
    Driver Version 16.40.2715

2. herpaderpa

herpaderpa Member

GPU:
    AMD
    just updated to 16.9.2 (29 sep)
    thanks amd
    :<

thanks

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah same, so make 16.9.2 into WHQL and then release 16.10.1 as beta? Ah well time to install these too. :D

EDIT: Also uses Vulkan 1.0.26.0 same as the newly re-released WHQL'd 16.9.2 drivers. :)

EDIT:

atiapfxx.exe -r -sys -s test.xml comparison against 16.9.2->
    (This creates a plain .xml so easy to use any comparison tool like WinMerge but I don't have the skill to dig into the actual .dll's for any newer profiles not yet in this "blob", Kn00t used to maintain a very good repository for this earlier.)

Crossfire:
    Battle Field 1 (bf1 and bf1trial.exe so both the game and the EA Access version.)
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    F1_2016
    Civilization 6 (Both Civ6_Win64_DX11_FinalRelease.exe and CivilizationVI.exe so should be good for the release version.)

These were all updated. :)

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (But it targets 4-iw7_profile.exe so probably not the release version exe?)
    Shadow Warrior 2

(EDIT: Infinite Warfare also has iw7_ship.exe and iw7uwp_ship.exe - win10 store version?)

These were added. :)

PXDynamic profiles for "HighPerfGPUAffinity"

Dishonored 2 ( Dishonored2_x64.exe and Dishonored2_x64Retail.exe so probably good when it releases.)
    Mafia 3 (mafia3.exe)
    Titan Fall 2 (r2_x64.exe and Titanfall2.exe)
    Rocket League ( rocketleague.exe )
    Shadow Warrior 2 (shadowwarrior2.exe)
    Watch_Dogs 2 (WatchDogs_r64.exe, WatchDogs_rt64.exe and WatchDogs2.exe )
    (Man they're just lining up one AAA game after another with these, they've been busy although well these aren't the Crossfire flags.)

(Better late than never for Rocket League I suppose but these flags are at least from what I read about the game switching to using the dedicated GPU over a APU or something along those lines.)

EDIT: Battlefield 1 seems to have a lot of "Tunguska" based exe files, code name for the game perhaps during development. :D

Tunguska.Main_Win64_Final.exe
    Tunguska.Main_Win64_final_DLL.exe
    Tunguska.Main_Win64_Release.exe
    Tunguska.Main_Win64_release_DLL.exe

EDIT: Actually speaking of Crossfire it seems Watch_Dogs 2 already has a profile?
    (Probably I listed it when I copy pasted to a earlier driver release but already forgot about it. :p )

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  4. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Ha I get it now with AMD they have been busy with a secret project...Time travel: Just noticed the date on the download.

Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.10.1-Oct6.exe

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it is the 5th you know, it was probobly just a typo, the 6 is next to the 5.

6. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Well..It's already 6 here..:D

7. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    cool. i like how they've been on top of drivers all year.

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    So next month the new shade of red?

just like last year? 15.11.1 Crimson?

9. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    They do like to use that month for releasing new stuff. Just like 12.11 mega driver :D

10. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Anyhow VSR can be enabled with these drivers on ultrawide screen with my CRU tweaks.

My LG 29UM58 ultra wide screen works with the tweaks for VSR however I perfer 3440x1440 manually entered.

Also freesync on non freesync at least can be enabled in the control panel. Verdict is still out on exactly what this does.

11. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Tahiti idle clocks bug still present. :\

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yup, we can wonder how it will be named :)
    The Rage Driver
    Omega Crimson Driver
    Aniversary Driver

But it will be for sure, now i need to check ME:C with Hyper textures (rest on Ultra/Blurrrrr OFFFF)

13. M3xline

M3xline Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 390x
    Same problem remain with this drivers i can't go 4k 60hz with these...

I'm using a 4k tv and club 3d diplay port-to hdmi 4k 60hz cable and a 390x gpu

Also i can't see the pixel format option... Is there any sort of registry hack for this ?

14. Pictus

Pictus Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5600 XT
    Here any driver newer than 16.7.3 crashes the system(Windows 10 x64)
    when playing a video with MPC-BE+LAV Filters+madVR(all x64) and resize the
    player window or to make full screen(ALT+ENTER).

MPC-BE https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpcbe/files/MPC-BE/Release builds/1.4.6/
    LAV http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191
    madVR http://madvr.com/
    Here my configuration for MPC-BE
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4686872/MPC-BE+LAV+madVR.reg
    but MPC-BE *MUST* be installed at c:\Program Files\MPC-BE\

To configure MPC-BE check
    https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/233290-high-quality-video-playback-on-windows/

15. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    This was done many months ago by me after crimson release. VSR only has 16:9 resolutions though. Hence why I never use it on my LG29UM67-P.

Its still not fresync that is on cru tweaks. Let that BS die.
    Its a form of frame pacing done with crossfire.

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    In madVR, enable DX11 renderer.
    [​IMG]

All crashes should be gone!

17. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I was waiting for these ones just for that bug fix. Well, maybe for New Year's Eve will get one :)

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Maby try CRU :)
    There you can set all Monitor related options + you can Save cfg then just load it when needed (like Driver change)

19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Please use the report form also, one day they might wake up and do something about. For some reason, I can't report under Chrome (stuck at loading animation), but it's OK in IE.

20. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    just found out this whole time that the installer when ran in upgrade mode. wasnt replacing atikmdag.sys in system32/drivers folder.

but it did have it in the driverstore folder.....

the atikmdag.sys version that was in the system32/driver folder is from august....

probably explains why I been having trouble with some apps not working correctly.