First GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Benchmarks Leak Online

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    It´s clear what I´m talking about, anybody can see some numbers here going backwards or downwards, whatever you like:

470<480 20%
    570<580 20%
    670<680 10%
    770<780ti 35%
    970<980ti 50%
    gtx1070<1080ti: 65%

Really?. 50% improvemente between 750ti and 950, but it should have been way more than that, we all knew how poor the 950 was for the tech of the time:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_950_strix_review,21.html

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Lol, you're comparing the gaps in performance but ignoring the pricing gap - the price difference between a 670 and a 680 was $100 - the difference between a 970 and a 980Ti is $320. Obviously for $320 more I'm going to expect more than 10%

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Your numbers are irrelevant to this discussion. Since when has the 50 series not been a budget card in terms of price and performance?

You're basically making an argument with numbers using cards that you don't buy.

It's no different to saying there's a big performance gap between Geforce 405 and GTX480 and then saying it shouldn't be this way.

Another thing that you're obviously oblivious to is the actual node these cards are made on. GTX750ti and GTX950 are still 28nm cards. To get 50% more performance for such a spec is quite some feat.

Also, using 3DMARK 11 scores would give the impression that a GTX980ti is only around 50%~ faster than GTX950. In real gaming this isn't the case at all.

In the end, what you want is basically GTX1070~ performance at GTX950 prices. Simple really.

4. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Those cards might be priced accordingly to the high end, but high end users shouldn´t be paying that much just to get slammed by 3 year old console games.

Gts 450 was like half the performance of the big fermi, stronger than your 1070 relative to big pascal, I´d sign for that.

5. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It wasn't a mistake, I meant 405.

Ok, if you'd go for Gts 450 vs GTX480 difference, then, let's look at the specs and compare what you're accepting and then look at it in relation to pascal (which you're not accepting).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_400_series

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Was not.
    But wth are you doing comparing 450 and 1070 in relation to 480 and Pascal X?

GTS 450 was $130 card (was not even deemed worthy of GTX moniker)
    1070 is $400

you're all over the place :) but GJ getting everyone involved

7. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    He doesn't want to spend $$$, but, wants top performance! :nerd:

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    sums up his posting history pretty nicely

not that there is anything wrong with his goals :wanker:

9. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It ok, I'll keep buying so one day he can get a nice "powerful" cheap card. Might take 2-3yrs, but, I'm sure he can wait. :banana:

10. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980 GTX 4GB gddr5
    You have to look for price for playng newest title in high settings, 4 years ago it was 400$, today is 1200$, and they say that price is all because new card is some % better than last generation, but the reality is that this is overpriced... and accordingly crippled failure of failures are overpriced too...

11. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    and what resolution were we playing in 4yrs ago? What resolution were we playing in 10yrs ago? What did those games look like compared to what we have today?

Also, why do you think you need a $1200 card to play the latest games at high settings? Just because it's available? Just to make it sound more expensive than it is?

16yrs ago, I bought my first high-end card, it was the Geforce 2 Ultra which was a $500 card, over £500 here in UK at the time. My current GTX1070 cost me £420 and plays everything very well. Latest game like Battlefield 1 runs approx 100fps @1920x1200.

Technology moves at a frightening pace in the PC world. If you can't afford the upgrade cycles, then, stop trying to keep up because every 6months or so something better comes along and that's just the way it is. A Titan X is certainly NOT a requirement for high-end gaming. To justify such a card you need to go for a 2K+ screen as well.

If you'd bought your GTX980 on release, then, as of now you've had it for around 2yrs. Not too bad really. It's still a viable card. Also, I think crappy ports has tainted everyone's expectations, but, that is out of our control.

With the next iterations of PS4 and X1 on the way, I think games will be even more demanding, especially after Scorpio is released. As soon as the 2nd gen 14nm cards come out, then, games will get even more demanding still because devs will build games using that hardware. There's no getting around this situation really. It's the nature of the "game".

12. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    Do not be naive, games changing, graphics changing, and all that is only excuse for rising price. Game developers create games according with graphic producers, so it is not excuse only overprice for enjoy gaming (10 years ago mayby you could enjoy lower res and lower graphic, cause that was best that times, but now standards changed and i do not see reason to pay more for enjoyment, it is compare price for "best" 10 years ago and "best" now)

[if you compare it to price of new car, technology ich changing, cars are better and better, but you actualy buy decent car cheaper that decent car 10 years ago]

13. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    You don't have to play the latest games, though. There's plenty of games on steam that will run on your system. Infact, the majority of games on steam will run on your card no problem. As for standards changing...yeah, you do have to pay for better, to think otherwise is really naive. Not much change in terms of price of games perhaps, but, to run games at for example 4k, then, the first thing you pay for is a decent 4k screen, then, a graphics card to match. So yeah, you HAVE to pay more if you want to play with the best possible graphics. On the other-hand, if you stick to 1080p or 2k, then, the current cards including my GTX1070 is fine.

However, 4k isn't the best. There is already 5k and 8k....

If you think that a card to run 4k+ shouldn't cost much, then, you need a new hobby or at least stop with the system envy.

As for cars, its somewhat comparable to graphics cards. You can buy a standard 10grand car sure. That's the no-frills version, though. Bells and whistles version...you can easily double that. Infact, there isn't really a limit because like PC's; a car is fully customisable. You could throw 50grand at a 10grand card to upgrade everything. Unfortunately, you will still have to stick to the speed-limit even if it can do 300mph. A graphics card has no such restrictions and costs a heck of a lot less and can be used to it's full-potential within a system paired with the right cpu.

14. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    Yes i think 4k+ shouldn't cost much if that is the standard, i think that graphic card market lack competition...

15. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    So, tell me, how much more processing power is needed moving from 1080p to 4k do you think?

16. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    The thing is that before you didn´t need to spend "top dollar" to game decently, now to play on a resolution higher than a 3 year old console you need to throw at least $450, today a 1070 can barely do to a ps4 what an $80 hd4670 did to xbox360. And the 1050 vanilla isn´t even gonna be able to handle console textures rofl. Maxwell and Pascal have been pricey and underwhelming chips.

Ps.- And one has to provide links for everything it seems:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3909/nvidias-geforce-gts-450-pushing-fermi-in-to-the-mainstream/11

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    lol what

18. Suvadeep

Suvadeep Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD RX460 2 GB
    I will probably buy one if priced same as 750Ti

19. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    hmmm I think I get his point, 10 years or so ago a computer game like nfs most wanted looked nothing like the same tittle on gamecube or other consoles, even with IGP

lets say now you need a decent 200$ gpu to get dramatically better graphics than a current gen console, if the game allows it, most dont really show much difference above the console's graphics other than raw resolution and textures

20. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    You still didn't get my point...
    It doesn't matter if you need 4x more or 16x more processing power, if that is standard today why it should be more expensive that processing power from 10 years ago? They serve the same purpose, to play newest game in high settings... Why i should pay more if i expect that more as a standard from graphic card?

For price of gtx 1080 you can buy 10 years old car (in my country most of cars are 10-15 years old) and still that 1080 can not play new games in high settings, you need at least SLI ....