First GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Benchmarks Leak Online

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    It´s just that this thing should blow the moustache off an overclocked 950... new node and all for this?.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    There was really no improvement in per-core performance from Maxwell to Pascal. Clock frequency and power efficiency were the main improvements with the node change. Volta should see a per-core performance boost.

3. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Core count is poor, better power efficieny allows far more, yet...

4. TBPH

TBPH Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 3.5+.5GB
    It's a fully enabled (read: not failed) GP107. The 1050 is the "failed" chip. You're letting this bother you too much, though. It's not a big deal. Do you think AMD and Nvidia should only sell full chips and trow out everything else? Because that would raise prices for everyone.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    You can literally say that about any card ever.

There are more to these cards then just performance. OEM requirements, competitive requirements, preventing cannibalization of more profitable cards are all factors that lead into the final specs of this.

6. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    If you are gonna use corporate scope then don´t forget their new most important priority, to make entry and midrange segments progressively slower in relation to the big chip and charge more, even the x80/x70 are now pathetic compared to the gp100 of course this is gonna follow... 18% improvement over oced 950 XD, and this is the "TI" version.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  7. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Don't forget 2001's and on, GeForce2/3/4 Ti series.. :p

8. The Reeferman

The Reeferman Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    128-bit memory bus. I wonder if it can keep up with a 7970 or 380x in games at 1080p.
    I see no mention of at what resolution the benchmark was run?

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    interesting performance. that card is probably a nice upgrade even for me. well atlest for things that arnt dependent on memory bandwidth

Though I more interested in nvidia "leaking" 11xx series specs and benches XD

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That's not the target.

The 1060 has a low memory bus too.

The performance is quite bad actually. Everything depends on the price and its performance compared to the 460. GPUs these days have nice recommended prices, but the actual pricing is horrible. For what's worth, if you are to spend something close to $150 for a card, gather a bit more and get a 470. Everything below is only worth it in the <$120 range.

11. drunkencats

drunkencats New Member

GPU:
    r9 280x
    There is something wrong with the numbers in this bench.
    Rx 480 performing the same as gtx970??
    Gtx 1060 faster than fury??
    This nunmbers are BS!!

12. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    This is how you move graphic cards now... you lie.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Didnt say I would buy it cause I wouldn't 128bit bus and lower in this day in age is like asking to have a crippled card imo.

Likes I said earlier post I more instead in the 11xx series specs and benchs being leaked. cause I not gona buy 1060gtx cause it barrely able to keep 60 fps in witcher 3 and the new deus ex game seem to be even more brutal.

1160 might be my next card if it can keep 60fps in those games and have good amount breathing (power) room to spare. untill i get around to actual finishing witcher 1 and 2 and start playing witcher 3 or get the new deus ex game. I dont seem much point in bothering with new card

14. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    The performance is good but I am more concerned about the final price...

15. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    ok so this is replacing the 950, ie 1050.

BUT it performs the same ???????????????????????

where is the progress?

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    The people bashing this card are the people that simply dont understand PC hardware.

This isn't meant to run games at 4K Ultra settings!! Heck its not even meant to run games at 1080p Ultra settings!!

These cards that require no PCIE power connectors are for the mass market consumers, those who have brought a crappy off the shelf PC that is running off Intel IGP with a ****ty generic PSU. Those are the consumers that have an Intel i3, low end i5, or an AMD APU that wants an upgrade to run current games with better frame rates.

Some of these people probably don't even have 1080p screens, you would be surprised how many people I know who are PC gamers that still have 1680x1050, 1280x720, 1366x768 screens.

This is who these cards are marketed towards, not the enthusiast gamer who has i7 extreme edition CPU with 64GB RAM and a 1500W PSU, that would just be silly.

For the price you get a 2.2Tflop GPU that has a decent amount of VRAM and packs a punch at 1080p or lower that requires extremely little power and is probably silent and small. For its target market these cards are a seriously good buy.

please watch this

17. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Let's all wait and see how this performs. I'm sure there will be board partners with extra pci-e on the board and highly overclockable versions of the 1050ti then we can compare. I just have this feeling that a nice overclock on the 1050ti will outperform a reference 970 at least and if the price is right where I stay I say a win. If you on a major strict budget and don't have a big cpu and psu then this might be the right upgrade for you.

For example my brother is into gaming but don't want to spend a fortune on even a 1060 might be to expensive as he doesn't play every night and also not all games. I also agree that this card might be good for older prebuild systems that you want to convert into gaming pc's. My older brother running a i5-2400. Stil does what he want to do but having a gtx 550 it's getting a bit old and to let him play latest games even on low is just fine but the gtx 550 is not enough anymore for him so this might be the gpu he can get to play some latest games for a few years I hope.

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    GTX 1060 has 50% more of everything.

And that's before taking into account 1060's higher clocks , both core and mem. All in all, 1060 has almost twice the flops rate. Meaning Nvidia could easily fit 2 other GPU's in between.

Compared to 3yr old products this will be a great card; compared to 1060 it's a dog.

19. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    3dmark11 is not a good comparison AMD vs Nvidia wise.
    I bet the 290 will still smoke the 1050Ti which will perform similar to 770/280X.

20. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I guess they can whatever they want until the "other team" gets their head out of their own arses......

I guess you are completely right on your assumptions. Even if you were this is a regular process from manufacturers.....If you don't like it then don't buy it. This stuff has been going on for years in the computer industry.