Forza Horizon 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Any word on a patch for this games many bugs/performance problems?

2. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Is there any way of getting games like this and Gears 4 on other clients than via the Windows store?

3. MDarkbladeM

MDarkbladeM Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970
    Unfortunately no since they are part of the Microsoft's Xbox Play Anywhere program. They will get a release only to Windows Store for the time being.

And I'm not holding my breath that Microsoft would actually release the games on Steam, Origin, UPlay or any other platform.

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No time table has been made public last I checked. All we have to go on is the post on the Forza forums by a mod saying soon.

5. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Wow this guy just gave up and is playing without shadows on his 970, can´t believe I was going to get a 970 instead of the 950, what a waste of money it would have been for racing and fighting games on my 1080p monitor:

https://www.twitch.tv/thevsnz

Ps.- Well he stopped streaming.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  6. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Turn10/Playground was asking people to gather info regarding stuttering today:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/551v85/to_those_with_stuttering_on_windows_10/

One of the developers had me run a stack trace while the stuttering issue is happening on my system. I hope it helps looks like it was a lot of data to go through. So I dunno how quickly they can look through all this to figure it out.

They had me use GpuView to capture about ~11-12 seconds of gameplay which ended up with a 1.8GB event trace file for them to analyze. I actually tried it for about a minute for the hell of it but ended up with a 10.3GB file. haha

The part I captured was driving through Surfer's Paradise which has the game drop from a solid 60fps down to about 35-50fps for most of the heavy traffic areas.

7. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Yeah lol such a rare case that didn´t show up on their dozens and dozens of test systems... 3 or 4 volunteers is all they need rofl.

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I've ran into quite a large amount of bugs in this game today.

First off my GPU clocks kept locking into 2D mode for unexplainable reasons resulting in some fun 20fps gameplay.

Secondly, the lights on the back of my skyline were just red blobs, no detail at all.

Third problem was my rear wheels rendering in black while the fronts remained chrome.

Fourth and most amusingly when I set the game to run in single GPU mode in the nvidia control panel using the profile for the game all the textures became corrupt, looked like rainbow road from Mario Kart.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    That all sounds like driver issues not game..

10. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    It was running fine yesterday with the same drivers so I have no idea, I'll reinstall them, see if that changes anything, every other game is running as it should.

11. deets75

deets75 Guest

I shall repeat my tinfoil theory. they tested the game out as you would expect, but I think this was before any encryption was added by the MS store, so they werent aware.

im happy to be shot down in flames, but I feel like going out on a limb here as the press videos all ran super smooth... im just guessing really, but it was so very odd on the day it came out that the game ran so much worse than the press copies...

12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    2D clocks getting stuck is easily repeatable, happens while scrolling through upgrades which is super laggy and frustrating by the way...

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Post this issue in nv driver thread as well, you never know :nerd:

14. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    True, posted the info there as well now :)

15. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Hey Guys,

Just thought I am gonna drop this in. In case you get random Crashes too Desktop while playing the Game in Online Mode or so, look in your Event Viewer, and if you see this Error :

Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57d31d7c
    Faulting module name: Microsoft.Xbox.ChatAudio.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56a5a905
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000003cd6c
    Faulting process id: 0xe4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d21a6d91e2c171
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.10.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\forza_x64_release_final.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.10.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Xbox.ChatAudio.dll
    Report Id: b5b7e61a-e7a0-4f1c-a016-d705f2d7839f
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.10.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: OpusReleaseFinal

Disable your Microphone in your OS in your Recording Devices. Since I disabled that, I had last night no more crashes during online race, plus it kinda ran better for me.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Looks like you need to update to Windows 10 v1607 build 14393.222 before the next Forza Horizon 3 update otherwise the game may download in full again: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst73310_Important-Windows-10-Update.aspx

That explains why there hasn't been an update yet as I got this cumulative update via the Insider Preview early on this week and I believe it is released officially next "patch" Tuesday (4th October).

17. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Ok i'll post "my way" to get the game working fine without problems, at least, is playable.
    Bear in mind that probably my advices have been said alot of times in the previous posts, but i can't bother to check 12 pages.
    Anyway:

- Install ProcessLasso and open it up
    - Ingame disable vsync, framesmoothing off, framerate variable, set your graphic options (doesn't matter which ones, your call)
    - Open nvidia inspector
    - Set the Forza Horizion 3 (opus) profile to: Vsync Forced/Adaptive, Prefer Maximum Performance (power profile)
    - Now the trick: set the framerate cap exactly like your panel refresh rate, E.G. in my case, 60.7 fps (this is important; don't set it way above or below your refresh rate, just a "step" above, like the .7)
    - Go back to ProcessLasso, enable Gaming Mode
    - Launch the game and when the Forza Horizon 3 exe pops in the list (in ProcessLasso), right click on it and set Priority Class->Always to Low, then set CPU Affinity->Always->disable Core 0
    - Be sure that ProcessLasso autostarts with windows, then minimize it to task bar (close it, it should still running)

Profit. The lowest i saw going is 45fps in Surfer Paradise, but hitches and lags completely gone (well i get a stutter from time to time, like once every hour)

Setting ProcessLasso to take care of the affinity fix automatically makes the whole process like "fire & play" as it does everything by itself.

Remember the Affinity/Priority tweak works only with CPU's with HT like i7, in my case i have a 3770k running at 4.6ghz.

Hope it helps.

18. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    The windows update is out now, I got it yesterday.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's interesting because Microsoft normally release these updates on a Tuesday. Maybe it's been pushed out earlier so that the FH3 patch can be released sooner?

20. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Done a clean install of my drivers and I'm still getting stuck in 2D clocks after putting parts on my cars...