SpaceX Reveals plan to send Men to Mars and Colonize

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    SpaceX shared its plans to send mankind to Mars with the intent to colonize the planet. The company wants to sens its spaceship back and forth in a set frequency to supply that colony. According to El...

SpaceX Reveals plan to send Men to Mars and Colonize

2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    no they need human test subject lol

but i like tesla's car :)

3. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I'd volunteer for this in a heartbeat.

4. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Please do call me conspiracy looney or whatever you want.

That million people will be the rich people of the world, living in extrem luxury on Mars, on a clean, spacious planet, while on earth 10 billion overcrowded slaves will provide for the 1 million rulers, being controled in the ultimate dystopia by robotic police force.

Do you think he's doing this for the good of mankind ? No, he's doing it for his billionaire friends. We're just sheep or cows to milk for them.

5. spalek83

spalek83 Guest

GPU:
    270x 2 gb
    Thank god people like Elon exist.

I would of never imagined we would have actual plans to step foot on mars in my lifetime.

As for the people doubting him, you should donate all the money you have to SpaceX. That way when you turn out wrong you can at least have been supporting in one way when he proves the haters wrong.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Wut?

7. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    Elon Musk... the problem is - he has grand plans and vision, but that’s it.
    He doesn’t know how to earn money or make his products earning money.
    Don't get me wrong - he might have billions in bank account, but if you check his history - his wealth didn't come because of his financial prowess and skills.
    He "lucked" in successfully flogging 2 "products" - Zip2 and Paypal on the height of Dot-com boom. After that he just managed to convince investors there’s money to be earned in one activity or another, but the truth is – after mentioned Zip2 and Paypal neither of his new endeavors have started to earn him money.

I do not believe investors will be happy with him much longer – they usually don't like to put money in something which doesn't bring dividends.

As such I have real doubt Musk will be able to pull off his another grand plan.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Meh, more dreaming of a rich kid. He can't provide what he promises, it's the same as with recovering rockets. NASA already did that with space shuttles, it's just that you have to basically rebuild the entire shuttle after each space mission and it costs the same as using them only once.

Before someone starts saying how brilliant engineer he is, no he's not. He got rich on SW.

9. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    At least he's pushing the envelope.

No one else is really trying to get our species off this planet.

Once we get multi-planetary, hopefully some of the Arseholes on this planet will stop fighting over scraps of land, of go boldly where no Human has gone before, and claim some other planet as their own....

Or let us leave, and leave them fighting over their scraps of land...

10. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Another SpaceX project that'll blow up on the launch pad.

11. omnimodis78

omnimodis78 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080FTW
    I'm so tired of hearing this line. You know who pushed the envelope? The Soviet Union, NASA, etc - they pushed the envelope. SpaceX has done nothing new thus far to say nothing of the fact that the company is grossly subsidized by public tax money. And as for getting our species off this planet, you know who's going to get off this planet? Those with money to afford to get off this planet. NASA qualified astronauts based on merit, SpaceX and the like that are yet to come, will qualify based on wealth. Mark my words. I'm not suggesting that Musk has no noble intentions or that SpaceX isn't awesome, but time people realized that SpaceX is in it for the money, and they're not doing anything new.

12. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    The problem is, I can't NOT fund him. He takes government money, so I have no choice. I do not support him one bit.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Makes me want to watch Total Recall (1990)

14. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Pretty sure there's a movie about that...... Oh wait. Yeah here it is..... Elysium!

15. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I'm tired of people who just give up, and believe that money in their pocket is actually going to do something for them!

The "Space race" back in the day was based on "OMG Commies!!!!" and that sort of reaction, and money was printed.

We'll quite happily spend Billions, if not Trillions of $$ killing each other (and i don't see you bitching about that with Tax dollars...).
    So they got a grant from the Gov....
    So does NASA, where do you think their money comes from ?
    They all got Grants from the Gov at some point, Blue Origin etc...

Once upon a time, cars were only for Rich people, so were refrigerators and TV's.
    If we don't aspire to greater things, then we will just wither and die, and become slaves.

SpaceX is in it for the money, yes, in the long run, not every year, making dividends to shareholders.

The 'Rich' are now running Tesla's :)
    yay.
    They could have priced Tesla's up there with Ferrari's, and made a lot less of them, and a lot more money. But they didn't.

I believe he is doing this for mankind. All of us.
    :)

16. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    How about colonizing the moon first? Small steps.

17. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    It should technically be the first step.
    It would be much easier to plan and enact launches from the moon, than from orbit.
    it would be costlier, but a lot safer.

18. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Just because you pay taxes doesn't mean you get to have your way with every single dollar used for them. Your share is so infinitesimally small as to be completely irrelevant. The taxes you pay could disappear tomorrow and the budget wouldn't need to change a single bit, no one would ever know.

So, to be clear, you don't fund him in any way, you don't even directly fund most of the things in your home city.

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Sorry but am not going to go colonise Mars unless there are some women invovled!

20. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    isnt from technical planetary perspective mars is more similar to earth than moon

for life support we need water, from water we can create oxygen/air cmiiw
    nasa find there is water in mars
    http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-confirms-evidence-that-liquid-water-flows-on-today-s-mars/

half-jokes here but Elon showing true human/being nature
    i mean colonizing other planet ?
    if there life-habitat in mars... then it break galaxy peace-treaty-law lol

even nasa when visiting planets they work without interfering or spreading earth genes as much as possible
    not like most of those pathogens can life in airless space anyway, but well thats what i read