Forza Horizon 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Kind of seems like it since you have to have played one of the 2 games only on X1, except for this last sentence mentioning some kind of contest or something.

The M12S Warthog CST will be available at launch for Forza Horizon 3, and will be sent as a free download to everyone who has played either Halo 5: Guardians or Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One. Eligible players will receive codes to download the Warthog via an Xbox Live Message, and codes will begin to be sent out during the week of September 5. In addition, players who have not played an Xbox One Halo game will still have the chance to earn the Warthog via a special #Forzathon event coming to Forza Horizon 3 in October.

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Forza Horizon 3 – PC Performance Analysis

I have to say that this game looks like total crap without AA. Also, its current state is awful(Stuttering, core 0 hitting 100%, input lag at 30FPS etc). Waiting for patches.

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    You beat me to it, to get the Wathog you had to have played one of two games that are only avalible on the XB1, you then got a code that was sent to your xbox via xblive message.

But some people are selling them on ebay, so if you really want one you might try there.

4. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Totally got this game confused with Forza Motorsport 6. I actually prefer the motorsport version over this one.

5. laimis911

laimis911 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    For you and for others who are playing at locked 30fps . If you want to play with less input lag turn off in game vsync . Game will use then desktop Vsync instead of game engine or driver with minimum input lag. It seems that NV control panel does nothing for this game when you set max pre-rendered frames to 1 and the game engine uses default 3 so you get huge latency . try it ,your game will be synced by turning vsyn off ,also in game turn on framerate smoothig it's important because desktop Vsync sometimes skips frame or two, stutters.

P.S. for some reason my processor uses all cores , Core 0 is used only10% more than other cores so i don't have that problem with 1st core maxing out. My processor is i5-6600k

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Tried the Apex demo yesterday which ran pretty damn great. Shame that this version doesn't run as good. Weird though, one could think it's the same engine but maybe not?

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    On the Xbox One, Forza Motorsport 6 runs at a locked 60 fps but Forza Horizon 3 is locked to 30 fps. Playground Games are using the same engine but the lower framerate allows them to ramp up the graphical detail and effects as they have twice the render budget (2 frames instead of 1). This means that in order to get this game running at 60 fps it demands more out of the hardware than Forza Motorsport 6 APEX does at the same framerate.

That said, the game clearly has optimisation issues from my own experiences with it as I can run the game at 4X the resolution of the Xbox One version with twice the MSAA (8x instead of 4x) and with higher graphics settings at a pretty much locked 30 fps ('pretty much' because the game still has the occasional half second freeze) but that does not allow me to get a solid 60 fps at 2560x1440 even with MSAA turned off. Considering that the Xbox One version runs at 1080p with 4xMSAA that is somewhat disappointing really.

Hopefully Playground Games and perhaps NVIDIA can improve performance somewhat because even Digital Foundry seem baffled by how this game runs at times from their videos.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks for the clarification. I hope they'll patch it soon so I'll take a step back and see what happens. Also waiting for the demo.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ok, so it seems that they're aware of the stuttering issues on PC http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst70112p3_Stuttering.aspx?=

Read post 64

10. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Thats really odd because I can play at 4k 60fps or 1440p 4xmsaa both at 60fps.

Ill get a dip to the mid 50 in the cities but aside from that its solid 60fps

11. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    My Warthog finally showed yesterday, Cant do any upgrades to it but the top speed is 117 which is a nice touch.

If you want one and dont have a code or Halo save you can get them from the auction house for about 600,000

12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Cool, cheers for info!

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, I get mostly 50+ fps maxed out at 4K with the framerate set to 60 fps but the inconsistency in the performance and controller response makes the game feel a bit "off". Also, I noticed that the longer I played the more the game suffered from erratic performance with dips down to the mid-30s fps and then back up to 50-60 fps, suggesting there might be some kind of memory leak. At that point the game actually felt like it was speeding up and slowing down which I found offputting so I set the framerate back to 30 fps.

Unless I can get a locked 60 fps for 99.999% of the time then I am not going to enjoy the game. Despite the lower framerate and slightly increasing input latency over the Xbox One version, the PC version feels much more enjoyable to play a what is essentially a locked 30 fps (except for the odd split second freeze which occurs every 5-10 minutes or so when racing at speed).

14. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Hey guys,

Something weird happened last night. Since I use the "Disable Core 0" Trick too, I had after 2 hours a Crash during an online race...fh3 just quit completely on me and I landed on the Desktop.

Launched FH3 again and didnt turn off Core 0...what is weird now, is the fact that I can run the game right now without any framerate Dips anymore, like as if I would have turned Core 0 off.

Also some drivatars are mad difficult...played online last night for the first time...not even Close are Drivers that good like drivatars, LOL.

15. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Another thing worth trying. Setting cpu priority to low in task manager seems to make things better for me. I'm now playing at 60fps, no crazy stutters. Still the occasional fps drop though. Much better for me.

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I will give that a shot. I still have not played with the game since Monday.

18. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Okay, I bought the standard edition. It plays and looks great on my rig. It defaulted to Medium settings and 30fps It looks great like that and plays smoothly. I unlocked the framerate and got 55-75 fps but I got a low memory crash. I just set it back to 30 with Dynamic settings and it looks great. I can play at 60 but there seems to be more detail at 30. There is no stuttering either way. I didn't even get the new driver. I'm using 16.9.1.

19. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Yes, they do skid more than in Apex. You have to brake or ease off the gas a lot more.

20. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Last night was very bad...FH3 Servers were not available and everytime I tried an Online Race, FH3 just quit on me, landing on Desktop. There is also quite a bit of Lag during Online Races from 2 Days ago...cars port left and right...dissapears and then I drive into a Corner and the car reappears and crashes into me...

While I always try to finish a clean race, others use cars in front, during Corner turns, as Brakes...I so hate that!

I hope that either MS or Playground Games will fix those Online Race Issues. It seems it can't handle on the PC a disconnection of the Race yet, resulting in it's current state = quit to Desktop.

I couldn't even load the Statistics of the Race Team, load Designs or anything that is connected to the FH3 Servers...