BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Forgot to mention my texture was set to Very High in Mankind Divided.

Does your friend run Mankind Divided on a 3440x1440 monitor? Honestly, even I was surprised 970 can handle at that resolution. All my READING off the internet was wrong. Somehow, the 970 got some special magic in there.

Now, did my original post say anything about 60fps?? I don't think so. Do I cry if the game run under 60fps? no. But I do complaint if it constantly stay below 30fps. As long as the game maintained above 30fps, every once awhile, dip under in minisecond, I'm fine with that. And I'm perfectly fine playing game at 30fps. I don't look at fps number in the upper corner when I "play" game. If it run smooth, look excellent w/o much compromise, I'm a happy camper. I don't benchmark my system. I'm just a gamer, I don't brag about my system, nor do I feel entitlement. I just play game cuz I like.

Also, to say Nixxes is lazy is just wrong. Look how fast they fixed stuff? They constantly release patches every week to ensure we have the best experience. Nixxes, in my book, is one of the best developer in PC gaming world. If you think they are lazy, you guys should definitely go play game on console, where every system setup is exactly the same. Sorry to break it to you, they are not that many hard working developer like Nixxes.

Now back to Bioshock, I'll wait for 21:9 support fix. Currently busy with Mad Max.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Look, as Damien said, It does what it says on the box..not very well, but its still Bioshock.

My issue is with the poor quality of the overall package. Most of my disdain towards this release is probably more of a build up due to the many other previous "remasters" the pc has had thrown at it.

Its also the seemingly lack of logic behind it all.

Why go to all the effort to double the size of the audio (which somehow resulted in lower quality), make all these textures (most looking out of place and too clean), remove the gfx menu (sure pretty much any card can run it, but its more effort to remove and rebuild a menu than simply leaving it), remove the audio options and EAX, remove AO compatibility...why do all that, yet not address the issues that plagued the original versions.

They ported these to the pc without addressing the bugs that were addressed in the originals (besides the no audio bug some face).

@Kono
    BioShock: The Collection will receive better mouse support and improved FOV sliders

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    good stuff. ill hold off untill they released this patch

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    No, I agree with you.

Glad they will patch it but they could also bring shadows back and do other improvements to make sure it's better than the original in every way and not that some things are better and others are worse.

5. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Give use the same options we had in the originals, having to edit ini files is madness

6. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    And the funny thing is it does not do a dam thing i tried to set everything from normal to high nothing happens in-game lol.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    All messing with the ini file does is makes the game unstable.
    Played for ten hours with no crashes, changed one line in the Bioshock.ini file... played for 20 minutes and it crashed.

Replaced the ini file with the original, played for a couple hours just fine.

People claiming that changing those settings from normal to high makes the game look better, are just having a placebo effect. It does nothing to the actual visuals of the game.
    The only setting that changes anything is highdetailsoftparticles, changing that to True does make the game use the Soft Particles. But, again, tweaking the ini files makes the game unstable.
    Textures, characters... world detail wise... in game, they are already as high as they will go.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Even changing to 5.1 SS via ini caused lighting glitches on pillars when turning the mouse at certain angles.

UE2.5 doesnt work like UE3+ where changing values for shadows etc makes them look better FME.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah.
    Specially the rebuilt version of UE2.5 Irrational used on BioShock. They changed so many things about the engine... it's not surprising trying to "tweak" things in the files causes issues.

10. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I just finished BioShock: Remastered.

Took me 12 hours.
    Is this remaster perfect? No. Could they have done better? Yeah, probably a lot better.
    But, it's still BioShock... the art is still fantastic. The atmosphere is still incredibly thick. And, when it's at it's best it's still a great game.
    In some ways, the Remaster is the better version... in others, the original is better. It comes down to personal preference and I can see why some prefer the original.

But, my feelings for the game haven't changed since the last time I played it.
    I love the game up to the Andrew Ryan part. BioShock 2 handles hacking and researching enemies SO much better.
    And, it balances the combat better... giving you weapons and plasmids together.

But the first game is still good, just a bit clunky in those areas.
    But, everything after that... just feels like what it is. Filler. The last few areas are not as interesting to explore, turning yourself into a Big Daddy is terrible. Following the Little Sister is tedious and annoying.
    And the final fight is pathetic.

A great game that falls apart in it's last third. Which is how I felt about when I first played it back in 2007. I don't know which version I prefer... the remaster or the original. But, I'm gonna wait and see how the planned updates improve it.

As for now... on to BioShock 2. :) My favorite.

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X

lol :nerd:

interesting video. Well, They've improved a couple asset mesh count, cleaned a couple textures, but killed a lot of the atmosphere, and some part look way worse...!

Missed opportunity, they could have pushed the envelope.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  13. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Going to wait for the update as well. Mostly because I'm in no rush and have little time to play anyway. I'm interested in Bioshock 2, as I've never played it.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I agree with you about the last "boss" fight... it was awful and a big anti-climax to what is otherwise a classic game.

However, I found BioShock 2 to be a disappointment due to it just feeling too familiar in its setting and I did not enjoy the story anywhere near as much. Also, I hated those parts where you were expected to defend the Little Sisters from waves of Splicer attacks. They just got increasingly dull such that I stopped bothering after a few hours. The need to lay down traps and so on just slowed the pace of the game right down. And the ending was completely forgettable because, well, I only vaguely remember it but I seem to recall another protracted and tediously long battle before the underwhelming end, which if memory serves me correctly...

... takes you back to the surface in daylight? Or is that the first BioShock which I've yet to complete in the remastered version?

I welcomed BioShock Infinite's change of location and overall enjoyed that more but it became too much of a first-person shooter and after a stunning opening 2 hours became increasingly repetitive. I also felt that the character of Elizabeth was wasted, being little more than a means to tell some of the story and provide the odd health pack etc when needed.

15. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Burial at Sea??

16. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Very strange, for me switching off mouse smoothing in the ini made objects (desks, chairs) disappear.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Never played the DLC episodes sadly as at that point I was well and truly bored of the game and had moved on to other games. Really must check those out as I've been really enjoying playing through BioShock again. Might even, gasp, find a new appreciation for BioShock 2 as well as I do plan on replaying that once I've finished the first game.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Definitely give the DLC a look.
    Minerva's Den is beyond fantastic. And Burial at Sea adds a lot of depth of Elizabeth.

EDIT: So, started playing BioShock 2 Remastered.
    Honestly, it looks better then BioShock Remastered. The art looks cleaner, the whole image looks... just... better.
    It's hard to really describe.

Could be because the original release of BS2 always looked a bit dirty, or lower-res then BS.
    But, this version you can see the updated textures and it just sort of "pops" a bit more.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I played Burial at Sea 1&2 a couple of weeks ago. Apparently you're supposed to play them after having completed BioShock 1&2. I'm not good at the story and such but it was pretty great DLCs and I was actually hoping that the remastered version would look like Burial at the Sea...but no.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

Ive not yet installed B2R, but ive always felt the original B2 looked lower rez/worse than B1, at least with textures.