Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Well crap, that worked lol, thanks, been on at this for ages, never thought about that as it installed PB with the game, cheers

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe yeah that game's still sensitive to PB and manual upgrades, I guess that's something necessary for every new install, even after all those years they can't get it right...

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I was close to uninstalling the whole game lol, thought... I`ll ask the gurus before killing it :D

It could at least give a reason why it was CTD, like "Error Punkbuster" would have been enough to give me a clue lol

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Exit MSI Afterburner and try again.

I think i had the same issue not too long ago.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Solved with punkbuster update ^^ thanks though

6. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    Almost all the issues when trying to join multiplayer
    And it doesn't work related or to punkbuster or to
    Battlelog plugin...

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I rarely play it, last time I fired BF4 up was last year iirc

Doesn't seem to need the plugin for the browser anymore, had a toggle switch to play without it

8. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    BF4 is still alive and kicking... hopefully years to come..
    It is still by far the best online TDM out..
    Really disapointed about BF1 :( Maybe TDM gameplay will be better. I dont know.
    Hope next BF release will be more like BF3/4.

9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    So, like many of you, I haven't played BF4 in about a year. After sorting out the punkbuster update (servers were kicking me) the issue I'm having now is I don't see any pings listed in Battlelog. All servers show dashes, no ping.

I can connect to servers, but I get kicked by a punkbuster error. (I just updated it)

I can't update Battlelog (If there is one) and I'm not sure what to try. Different browser? I see pings for other games.

On a side note, to avoid the installation hassles of a 60GB game, I keep my BF4 installation folder on a backup drive when I'm not playing. I just move it to an SSD when I want to play again, makes install take minutes instead of hours.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Course it will, i played Bad Company 2 online not that long ago :)

Personally ive uninstalled it and ready to move on!

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah, will do that soon too probably. Did the same with BF3 when BF4 came out, after the first week I uninstalled the older game, just for the sake of knowing I won't play it anymore.

This time around it will be a happy ending, getting rid of Battlelog :D

12. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    I do think that Battlelog is a great idea, though it does have its quirks here and there. However, the UI, information displayed, and generally speaking, flexibility, is wonderful compared to plain old server browsers found in-game.

Personally, having played the alpha and beta of BF1, I don't see myself picking it up. At least not until it hits a large sale or two. I don't really enjoy the game mechanic changes nor the two maps seen so far.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    You are right about that, in theory it would have been a great way, and I would have grown to it, wouldn't it have been troublesome browser plugins over and over, and some things not even working after years, I wouldn't have wanted to avoid it.

They are incorporating it into battlefield.com anyhow now, but I think it's a good idea to seperate the stats from the game launching mechanic, so you can just play without bothering to have a browser running in the background that's keeping you from playing because you have to reinstall the battlelog plugin ;)

14. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    I have just started plying bf4 again after a 9 month (or thereabouts) layoff. Have turned my sensitivity on the mouse down to about 6 to improve my accuracy and found I am at least passable on most maps.
    Was 100% going to get bf1, I have not played the beta, but I keep seeing people say they are not going to jump on the bf1 ship because they didn't like this or that about the gameplay. What is it that has changed for the worse? Can it be explained or do I just need to play the game to understand !

15. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    In short:
    People want an all-ranges-OP assault rifle which will give you headshots from all distances with simple trigger tapping, which takes couple of weeks to learn.

BF1, doesn't offer that Assault Rifle.

16. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    Sold. I will pre order this week. Looking forward to keeping heads down with some gold old fashioned heavy machine gun spraying.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    If you get yourself EA access (which costs € 3.99 here) you get 10% off your BF1 purchase... so here it would be €13 off for €3.99 and you get to play the vault games too for a month. Shadowduke and others have brought that up in the BF1 thread.

18. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    Thanks for the heads up

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    How is the old man handling nowadays? Might give bf4 a try. I just can't wait for BF1 :3

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well I think an AR should be efficient at quite some range. They ruined BF4 imo with excessive spread increase, ...

Wish they went the recoil route instead because recoil is laughably easy to control in BF4.

I tried BC2 again some time ago and my God. You had to single shot at some ranges but hell, it WORKED. That's how AR's should be imo.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016