BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Same damn thing happened to me! I lost an hour of gameplay after experiencing a crash yesterday and the ini file reset. Beyond frustrating! Also, I'm not sure if it's related to GFE since I don't even have that software installed.

2. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Just make the ini read only after you alter it.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Setting the ini to read-only prevents the game saving the golden reels you find apparently so it's not an ideal fix.

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Haven't had a single crash.
    Did encounter a graphical bug. A red flickering square in the water next to a Vita-Chamber by the bar.
    But, was the only place it occurred, and upon searching... it seems it's a rather common issue.

Other then that one bug, the game has been stable and very solid. No crashes, smooth FPS the entire time.
    And, I for one am glad they while you can see the updates to the visuals, they didn't make them so drastic it affects the visual look of the games.
    It still looks like BioShock, it didn't hurt the art style at all. But, it's just enough that you can see the higher resolution textures.
    The updated models and props. The improved physics.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What are talking about, they're completely missing! Along with the water being worse than the originals.

We get crap port after crap port, but the moment a fan favorite comes along you all excuse the shoddy workman ship, then go back to complain about bad port after bad port.

Oh well, if people want to support such bad practices then go for it. Your loss.

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Have you actually played the Remaster for yourself?

The "reflections" are still there. They are toned down to look more natural and realistic, as opposed to the originals overly shiny, plastic look.
    And, the water looks just like the original. Same effects, only certain ones aren't stupidly locked out to a DX10 setting (one that doesn't work in Win10 by the way).

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im not installing 40+gbs of this tripe. The proof is already in the images ive posted and the plentiful screenshot comparison around the web.

If you want to turn a blind eye to lazy developers and publishers then thats your mo.

Nixxes,
    Remdy
    2K...

Just some recent examples this year of lazy developers and half baked ports.

Steam reviews and ratings speak for themselves alongside the many complaints and issues that have been posted.

But keep ignoring the evidence...im just hater who trying to ruin your fun, right? Thou shall not speak ill of GmeDevs.

After all, facts are considered hate speech these days.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  8. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Facts are, for me at least, the game looks good. Runs good, fixed the crashing. 100% lost in the awesomeness of this environment again.

Some people still don't know what they're doing on pc with pc games. By all means keep reading their complaints and trying to interpret their screenshots, if that's what matters to you.

9. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    lazy developer? lol.. this dude.. do you even play game?? I beat Mankind Divided twice already. Playing on SINGLE GTX970, running at 3440x1440 w/ everything max, minus MSAA and reflection = on. Maybe you should find a different hobby. Guess what? they don't care about a single thing you have said. Why? Cuz the crap you complain about is unrealistic. Go make a AAA game, only then, you can qualify to b!tch and moan. Otherwise, stfu!

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I wouldn't say the two BioShock remastered are lazy as such, particularly as they're free to owners of the originals, but the first game, which the only one I've played seems to be extremely prone to crashing, usually when saving. There are lots of similar complaints on the Steam forums so it isn't an isolated issue.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    There is no multiplayer in the remaster for Bioshock 2

*__*

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Downloaded, installed.

Terrible audio quality, unnecessary changes and lack of shadowing/AO.. Hardlocked my pc when attempting to take a screenshot. Then when attempting to load the game up after my pc restarted, it locked windows up, then explorer gave me an "End Process or Wait" dialog box.

There, happy? Everything i previously mentioned, i just experienced first hand.

Uninstalled. Wont be buying another 2k game.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I just asked man.

But... I'm not ignoring anything. I'm actually playing the remaster and experiencing it for myself.
    Seeing the visual changes, playing with no crashes or issues... playing with smooth frame rates.

But, stop taking it as a personal dig just because people are playing this and enjoying it. You see "facts" that others see as opinions.
    Yes, there are visual differences between the original and remasters. But, I'm playing the game myself and I still see the shadows, the reflections... the details you are trying to say have been removed.

But, also, Nixxes? Lazy developer? Mankind Divided is a great PC port. Incredibly solid. Looks great, runs great. and has been updated and supported very well since release.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Sure, textures maybe higher in rez and geometry has been touched up (yet reduced in others), but overall the image is far worse for it, details have been removed and things just look plain bad and out of place. They gave not consideration for blending the image.

The crashing, the audio, the lack of an option menu to enable 5.1... the list goes on. These are cash in ports.

OG top, Remaster bottom -
    Pay special attention to in the distance in the 3rd set of images, the bushes and lack of geometry on the pillars and shadowing in the remastered image.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Reminds me of the lady who took it upon herself to "fix" up this old art work. Maybe shes the sole employee over at Blind Squirrel Games, what with all the redundancies in AUS gaming industry, 2K outsourced to her?

[​IMG]

Sure the paints are new and brushes are made with better quality hair, but i dont think that helped the overall image.

15. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Its funny in this puke remaster they added things that it might maybe look better but in reality they messup up the textures the lightning and the colors and sharpness.

Missing bump mapping and wett surfaces is a huge downgrade for me.

Do not buy this remaster folk, go for the vanilla i had it for free but i already deleted it again from my SSD.

Watch this video till the end please then let me know what u guys think.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    They also didnt fix all of the 30fps animations. The turrets, both grounded and flying are still 30fps so are the bodies when thrown with the telekinesis or by explosions.

But the audio, being able to hear things on the other side of the level, reloading your gun only plays through one headphone/speaker (usually the left) along with most sound effects only being limited to a few at a time, this wasnt/isnt present in the original version.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    BioShock 2's audio has been screwed up since the original version. It only worked properly on WinXP. Newer OS always had audio issues in BS2.

And, the 30fps physics... I've seen people claiming both sides. Some saying it's fixed, others saying it isn't. And other saying it depends on the object.
    Yet, for me, anything I move, blow up or throw around animates smoothly.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im not talking about Bioshock 2s audio.

As per your error free experience, care to hook us all up with your Special no problems Edition that only you seem to have?

19. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Hopefully it's a work in progress and we've still got a couple of patches ahead of us. Valve butchering HL2 for years on end comes to mind.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm sorry I haven't run into the issues you or others did.
    I'm sorry what seems to be your all time favorite game did not get the treatment you feel it deserved.

But it's not my fault.

I got the remaster for free, so I'm going to play it and experience the changes for myself.
    Sorry, I don't put much any any stock into youtube videos or loud mouthed claims on STEAM forums from people I don't know.

BioShock is a brilliant game, and even if the Remaster lacks some elements of atmosphere the original had... it's still a brilliant game. That doesn't change simply because they changed some textures and lighting effects.
    Same story. Same gameplay. Same fantastic art design.

As I said before I encountered a graphical glitch everyone seems to. a red flickering square by a Vita-Chamber.
    I've also experience dialog stuttering a few times during a couple scripted moments.
    But yes, I have not encountered a single crash or hiccup. True, I've also done no tweaking to the game besides changing the ini file to 5.1 sound.

And really, I'm sure my feelings will change once I make it to BioShock 2 as it is my favorite in the series. And I'm very disappointed to hear the sound issues of the original are still present in the Remaster.
    But, I'll deal with that once I play it myself.

As for the remaster of BioShock... I'm enjoying myself while playing it.
    Possibly because Irrational made a great game. And possibly because the Remaster didn't change things drastically. Their changes are very small, very subtle.
    I like the change in lighting as I always felt the original had a plastic look to it.
    I like the slightly updated enemy models and weapon models.
    The updated textures look nice. But yes, it's glaring when they are right next to a rare texture that didn't get updated.

And yes, possibly, if I had paid for these I would be a little more critical. But, chances are I also wouldn't have paid for them... unless they were on sale as I don't jump on remakes.
    I wouldn't have bothered with Dead Island's remaster if it hadn't been 3 bucks.

But, in the end, I'm not finding the Remaster the horrid abomination some are. Possibly because I don't have the overwhelming love for the original some do. I like it, but always thought it was overrated.
    Maybe I'm enjoying it because the changes are small enough they don't do anything to the experience which IMO is tied to the gameplay and story. The visuals and atmosphere only support those two elements.

And maybe, I just don't care what others think. :)
    I like BioShock... up to after the Andrew Ryan moment. Then I could take it or leave it.

But, I'm sorry it doesn't live up to your expectations. But, that's not my fault. And I'm not going to stop posting my enjoyment or good experiences while playing the game simply because you didn't have the same.

EDIT: Sorry for the long post.