EKWB AIO price drop up to 43%

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by -Tj-, Sep 16, 2016.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ek-drops-prices-on-predator-aio-series-bigtime.html

Now it looks worth getting it., e.g Predator XLC 240 for just 170€
    https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xlc-predator-240?___store=default&___from_store=slo

2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Price looks great and tempting too,but I'm done with AIO,I'm happy with NH-D15,temps I've are very similar to EK or Swiftech

Thanks,Jura

3. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    that's some good news. tnx!
    now i feel tempted to get maybe the smallest one for my haswell.
    the corsairs are just inferior products compared to that. i had some bad experience with a h90 pump..

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah? I have h90 since rls and nothing out of ordinary, runs like day1 for 3years now.

But I agree, Im eyeing xlr 240 for my next upgrade, just talked with ekwb support and my haf932 advanced is compatible too :)

5. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    My old H60 is still working in PC which I've build from old parts for my neighbour daughter,I often go there and check PC if everything is working

My H100i v2 failed after 6 months,right now have Noctua NH-D15 and my temps are lot lower than with H100i and regarding the EK looks like great cooler,but EK have too own issues with their AIO like Swiftech

My thread about the comparison between the H100 and NH-D15

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=409704

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

6. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Original Corsair H50 still running here. :D

Though the prices are nice for EK AIO. Too bad it was not that at launch.

7. DirkHardpeck

DirkHardpeck Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Only 159.99 USD for the 240 now! I've been thinking about going back to aircooling a single gpu when I upgrade...a new cpu block and reservoir (I hate my bay res) will set me back about the same amount as what the Predator 240 costs now. The inclued pump is more than sufficient for just a cpu.

Plus Vardar fans are the bomb (and expensive), the MX blocks arent the prettiest but really effective, and the whole deal is super clean looking. Definitely a great value.

8. DirkHardpeck

DirkHardpeck Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Its true that they both had some issues with leaking and whatnot, but apparently those issues have long been resolved. Product quality from EK in particular is usually pretty outstanding, so I personally wouldn't have any reservations with their kits at this point.

9. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Kind of wish i'd waited before replacing my H100 with the 360 predator now could have saved myself £30, still these are some nice prices and as far as leaks go it was only the earlier revisions that were affected

I ended up dismantling my 360 and integrating it into a full loop with clear tubing and yeah the fittings are a bitch to get off so I wouldn't worry too much about leaking.

10. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @jura11
    Except your dumping the cpu heat inside the case, increasing temps from MB, gpu etc.
    Every 10*C means one year less on life.
    And i dont consider 50-60*C on a 3770k an issue, using the updated H60i.

11. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Every company have issues and all depends on company name,EK use quality pump and don't use Asetek pumps which are prone to failure and I would agree

Swiftech are great too

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

Hi there

With Noctua my temps are better than have been with H100i,with AIO or any CLC/AIO kit you are not cooling at all VRM on MB

Temps on MB are bit better with Noctua,me personally I don't like go over 80C on PKG and on cores over 75C,but that's me

I always say,if you are happy,then is no point of switching,mine failed and I've two choices go with CLC again or go with air cooler,I've went with air

Check air cooling section over OCN and people who switched from AIO/CLC back to air

Hope his helps

Thanks,Jura

12. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    NOW they drop in price, after i got my h115i and arctic hybrid. Ugh... Well good news if i want to upgrade in the future.

13. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    really ?
    not sure if you have enough data to back it
    i think that 10C only affect when you near TJmax
    so like @80C you get maybe 4years... while @70C you get 5years

even that, i dont think cpu life is shorter than other parts
    like caps in mobo, it will likely fail before your cpu
    and electronics can fail anytime anyway

corsair aio is kinda hit and miss
    older model (coolit oem) is somewhat better than newer model that is asetek oem

for my own experience:
    my coolit vantage last like 5~6years before pump get weak/failing

then been bad experience with corsair H80i v2
    1st unit got loud pump noise
    2nd unit pump failing after like a month... not sure if there any relation to pump setting (it set it to quite mode)
    3rd unit using on 3rd months... set as much as possible to default
    i realize no need using quite mode as that not really different anyway... plus it wont extend the pump life whatsoever, and corsair giving this aio 5year, so just let it run on performance mode

14. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I'm also starting to go away with AIO coolers. I have a 6700k and hyper 212x cooler for my work pc. Can clock the CPU to 4.5GHz 1.32V and stays under 70C in Realbench stress test and cinebench so amazing for a cheap cooler like that. It's also summer here about 27-30C in the room.

15. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @jura11
    Dont need to lookup stuff regarding that ;-)
    My rigs were always "overcooled" so i can run it inaudible at low load (no matter if A or H2o cooled)
    My first custom wc setup with external radiators and industrial quick connects running custom eheim pump i build in 2006.
    I just sold my custom passive rad setup (almost 7 liter of coolant) and didn't want to go back to higher in-case temps from aircoooling, so temporary i got the updated h60i which works great so far (for what it is) and has a 5y warranty that includes any damage to my rig caused by it failing.
    Not sure if there is even one brand on this planet that gives me same coverage.
    My board doesnt go above 55C under full load, mostly 50 when gaming. Cpu stays at 65-68C under full load (depending on room temp), which for me is nice for a 120 aio. Could get much lower temp on cpu, but i cant stand the fan noise, and operate two 8dBA fans on it to keep it inaudible.
    I will use it until i replace it with either a EK or aqua-cooling setup, just have to figure out my next case and setup (hopefully zen).
    And a failing pump lets me upgrade to a liang:)

@slyphnier
    And exactly why are they failing (caps)? Cause of temps. If i exclude factors like micro-fractures on pcbs (uneven mount, moving pc etc), almost all components will fail, just will take longer at lower temps.
    Why would you cool server rooms to chilling 50-60F, i doubt throttling is an issue at temps reached on these cpus/boards when having the room at 70.
    I worked with IT for gov and to save some on energy the server rooms where never below 65F, and cpu temps where already pretty good (for air cooling), so the only reason to cool the room lower is? ;-)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016