Nvidia GTX 1080Ti Specifications Surface

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I feel like the 1080 just launched, and the ti already? If I keep a full sized rig, this might be the way to go!

3. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Its fake, It was proven fake when the image popped up a month ago.

Is nobody checking anymore ?

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Was just going to point this out. It's the same picture that came out like 1 month ago.

Now I can't say 100% sure if it's fake or not, but it's been out for a while...

Either way, I'm pretty sure that the 1080Ti (whatever the specs) will be in the 900-1000 euros range. So yeah, not cool.

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yeah there's an oddity in that screenshot. I'll update the news-item to reflect that.

6. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    Considering that 1080'es can boost to a little over 2ghz, if this thing has only 30% more shaders but works at 20% less speed, I don't really see how it would be attractive over standard 1080.

My guess is that there WILL NOT be a 1080 Ti in this generation. Not as long as NV can milk people wanting more than 1080'es can do.

The sorcerer's crystal ball which I'm using shows this:
    - No new consumer card until end of year
    - AMD Will launch VEGA sometime early next year
    - nVidia will respond with a fully enabled chip ( Titan X Pascal also has some shaders turned off ), called "1090 Ti" (Remember 780 Ti ? It was faster than it's matching Titan), with even faster GDDR5X (12 Gbps) x 384 - Hitting 576 GB/s, getting the crown back.

So enjoy those 1080'es... I intend to get a 2nd one when I find a good offer and SLI those babies for the ultimate 4K performance at a much more decent price than that Titan X "luxury" card.

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    As much as i'd like a reasonably priced 1080 Ti (700$). It probably won't happen considering the 1200$ non retailer Titan X and people will buy it.

Only hope is AMD bring their A game with big Polaris/Vega.

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    And I was already hoping on some intel on the Ti... :(

9. Vlad27145

Vlad27145 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970Ghz
    Don't get it

I don't get it, the writing seems perfectly level to me:

[​IMG]

That doesn't mean the image isn't fake, obviously, but that doesn't look to be proof that it is, to me.

10. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    He means the image representing an nVidia slide, not his own table with graphic cards' specs.
    [​IMG]

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yes, Texter is right.

12. Vlad27145

Vlad27145 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970Ghz
    Doh

Doh, I'm really a total idiot, sorry. I hadn't stopped to think for a second and realize that table was made by Hilbert... despite the fact that it appears exactly like that for AMD cards as well. 100% imbecile, sorry again.

:(

13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yup!
    I'll have no qualms about throwing 1000 euros to anyone who can give me Titan X performance while supporting VESA Adaptive Sync/FreeSync

14. Vladimir43

Vladimir43 Guest

GPU:
    RX480
  15. HittriX

HittriX Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Why would a GTX1080ti only have gddr5, when a GTX1080 have gddr5x, kinda odd choice if this would be true imo.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016

16. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Its a fake,ofc.
    And who cares about 1080Ti?Will be,ofc,overpriced. :)

17. claydough

claydough Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 1080fe
    I assumed that since pascal was last minute relatively speaking...
    Sandwiched inbetween maxwell and Volta.
    That there would probably be too short a lifespan for pascal to deliver a ti variant?

And that Volta release would be at a dizzying enough of a release pace considering it and HBM2 are already behind what was once scheduled?

Strategically,
    I wish Nvidia would come up with a quick Volta release and come in big with a further refined 14 or lower finfet but larger die going big and loud and if ready... hbm2.
    Also a return to or perhaps a big thank you to founder investment by returning Gtx x80 pricing to $499 again with new releases and saving $699 burden for ti variants.
    Would go a long way in restoring much love lost rebuilding loyalty and signifying a real respect for remaining competitive.

Always liked AMD but never respected to what degree they were absolutely vital to this industry till Founders Edition and intel's Broadwell E price structure change colliding with Xeon in such a violent and confusing way.

As an Nvidia Intel zealot I find myself preying for Zen and a significant AMD release cycle to restore sanity and my love/loyalty back to green n blue.
    ( instead of just being able to rely on green/blue doing as much themselves willingly )

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  18. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    The current "leaked specs" definitely seem to be fake, but I have no doubts that a 1080TI will drop. Nvidia loves new card releases as much as Intel likes new CPU sockets.

It may be a bit yet before we see one in the wild, but you can bet Nvidia will bring something out to rain on AMD's parade. Whoever thinks not is naïve.. sorry.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    +1

Well said!

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No reason to say sorry. You hit the nail on the head. AMD is in catch up mode and have been since Maxwell's release.