Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Seren, Sep 8, 2016.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    No, they bought HiAlgo that was the amazing CHILL BOOST AND SWITCH TECHNOLOGIES THAT ARE AMAZING THEY ARE LIKE SO AMAZING THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN USING THEM AND ALL THE KIDS THAT SKATE USE THEM AND WHO NEEDS THAT STUPID SYNC THINK AND THE TRIPLE FATTENING IT DOESNT MATTER I HAVE BOOST SWITCH AND WHEN I ROCK TOO MUCH I CHILL

2. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Uhh, I just googled it. :gape:

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    loooool.

I think they removed raptr for the bug that causes some games to close?

they will re-enable it in the installer in the next version. LOLOLOLOLOLO

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    They should have Raptr as a standalone installer, especially since it can update itself.

5. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    It is stand alone now I believe. Have to check.

6. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Haha, had totally forgotten about those; then again, who didn't?

Damn, you had to ruin our fun, didn't you? Let us dream, man.
    Your explanation makes sense, though...

In my case the Installer claimed everything is already up-to-date, but it was going to reinstall the driver and a few other stuff, so I allowed it (after unchecking Vulcan, no need to reinstall that). Win 10 AU (I am sick and tired of Windows 10, especially after AU update, but too lazy to reinstall everything and go back to 7).

7. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Thanks Theast! This latest package works just as a upgrade for me, can't be clean installed. If we in future somehow fall in love with the 10(and if we win the privacy war), maybe this crap will be of use, but I still can't imagine it as a serious os. But use my advice, dual boot, I always have old and new so i can't miss anything interesting, on the other hand I can keep my work smooth.

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I use O&O ShutUp10 boys...disable them all..

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Idle clocks bug on gcn1.0 is still here with this driver. It comes back no matter what you do. Performance clocks works fine tho so i dont really care...

10. Tomatone

Tomatone Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Steel Legend
    I'm on Win7 and I have same problem with 16.9.1 sep7 but sep13 installs without any problem.

11. moaka

moaka Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Same problem ! Back to Win10 ( 10586.218 ) now perfect !

Same clock ( effciency unckecked ) :

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/aot/167098/aot/163618# , a lot of problems with Win 10 Au for me and my friends , back to 10586 and now 0 problems :banana:

12. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    So I do not know if it was this driver, or the latest patch for DOOM, but triple buffering works all of a sudden with opengl! Vulkan does give me better fps, but I can not use RTSS with DOOM running Vulkan without massive input lag. So this is good news!

Seems like AMD drivers are finally getting dialed in, this is good news for all of us.

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I can imagine your face when you saw the search results:

[​IMG]

The only way that Raptr should stand, is alone.

PS: I have a tiny sliver of hope that the HiAlgo purchase means that they can introduce dynamic horizontal resolution like the consoles have, and double vsync, triple buffering etc. And then they will only enable them on the GPUs with the "special" scaler, because AMD.

14. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    16.9.1 installed and runs just fine in Windows 10 AU. I haven't had a single problem with the AU either. Of course, I don't use any of the third party crap that's supposed to disable the "spyware" (lol) and other such nonsense. I just use the settings within Windows 10 itself to allow what I want. Windows 10 is the best Windows yet and it's not even close. I even just stopped using Classic Shell because the new Start Menu is finally sufficient. There was also a problem with the Classic Shell Start button still showing, and functioning, in a full screen game, World of Warcraft in particular. I'm a firm believer in that the less third party stuff you use and the fewer "tweaks" you make to your OS, the better off everything will be.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Just updated New Update for Win 10 RS1 ver.1607 build 14393.187
    Still no luck with new Driver 16.9.1 Fix Sept. 13
    It have not the driver for my GPU lol
    But everything working great on 16.9.1 Sept.9 hmm they f.up something IMO ;-)

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Installed, running just fine, updated from last 16.9.1 on Win10 AU 14393.187

Currently amusing myself with Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines with 9.6b2 Unofficial patch. I <3 how old games hardly cause the 390 to flex, esp since it's a NVIDIA game.

17. WeSbO

WeSbO Guest

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    Damn these september 13th drivers still render my club3D adapter useless, grrrrr.

18. Hana88

Hana88 Guest

GPU:
    Ati radeon 7970@ 1100/145
    For fix this bug, just view a 4k video on Youtube, and you have back the idle clocks

19. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Wha....? There's a Sept 13 driver? Dang, I just installed the Sept 7 driver for my main rig because I'd just gotten an Acer XR341CK, tested Doom with Vulkan API, pretty impressed framerate never going below 50fps at max setting other than TXAA at 8x (IIRC). Ran beautifully, this is my first Freesync monitor and it was a thrill (for me anyway) to be able to enable Freesync.

20. WeSbO

WeSbO Guest

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    Shouldn't go below 60 with your rig. You do know that you have to use TSSAA (or no AA) in order to benefit from Async ? Well that being said I don't know what resolution you are using.