Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
  2. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    This game just feels good. Finally less of that friggin computer scifi **** clogging my screen and aiming. Back to a lovely era with manly analog weapons (and the horse, I LOVE THAT)

3. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Man, once you got your bearings this game it was very smooth. I thought I would have issues with the controls after rumors of it following SWBF's lead and the in your face controller setup in the menu. But not the case. Movement, weapon dynamics, environment interfacing... all seemed fairly well laid out and with the flexibility to key-bind things exactly how you need them.

That's out of control, LOL, wish I could have tried it, unfortunately, with none of the keybinds working in vehicles (including the horse), I never got the chance. Would have loved to try driving some of the tanks. Obviously, they'll fix it for Oct, my guess is they can just call somebody from here, or any gaming website really, and get one of us old-timers that remember what playing pc games on keyboard and mouse was like to give the new DICE employee's a hand. :rolleyes:

Really??

The pt of having to physically call for ammo/health is to promote cooperative gameplay. It's been that way forever, because it actually works well. I had no idea an auto-supply/health dynamic like that existed in Hardline, and now I'm not surprised why it bombed so hard. Sheesh. Talk about dumbed down.

Also, the prematch timer and vehicle spawn timers will surely be in the final release, and probly be just as good as BF4's system, if not better.

I think the full game will be a little slower paced actually. From the looks of the amount of weapons we didn't have access to, it looks like there will be multiple ways to set up your kit for specific purposes, which will mean better, more efficient ways to kill people. That will cut down on the run n'gun a bit. This beta had just a couple gun options, and [the other main factor] a single map which, by Tuesday, everyone playing knew like the back of their hand. With a healthy rotation of maps, I think that will also cut down on the speed merchants.

Honestly, to echo some of the sentiments already here, I am liking the way this game is looking. It seems to get the basics right, in terms of doing what you want to do. I love the game not being on Battlelog. I think the servers will be well supported, and constantly full. And I just really like the whole WW1 idea. The setting is obviously going to bring us back, or at least me back, to some really early, 1942 style firefights and engagements (Stalingrad). I hope there are all different types of maps, and I really hope there is at least one Pearl Market style map. Close combat, but on a huge area where there's always back alleys to take to unguarded flags, no matter how full the server.

Definitely intending to support this, not gonna do the season pass, just as I didn't w/ BF4, but hopefully the map packs come out just as frequently and are just as reasonably priced. My only problem now is wtf am I gonna play till Oct 21st???

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I hope they limit the turn rate of tank turrets.. was watching some gameplay of someone whipping the tank turret around at ridiculous speeds..

5. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    You do realise, that both mechanics existed in that game, right?

When you are on the move and you are in need of bullets or health, you just grab a couple from your teammate without you slowing down, that was the point.

6. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    So, if you were a medic, and you were busy shooting, and somebody who needed health was standing behind you, you wouldn't have to turn around to give them health?

7. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    From one point, yes, you can grab health if you really want it.

You also will not get any points for resupply or healing, when somebody grabs ammo or heath off you.

8. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    We tested this for BF4 at one point...it felt ****ing horrible with a mouse, fine with a joypad but just baaad with a mouse.

As far as I'm away there is a hard limit to the top speed it can move but up until that point the turret will move 1:1 what ever you set it.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    But hasn't it always been this bad with 3 and 4, where the turret was always behind the movement of your mouse?
    I guess it's much better with a joypad. Still, for balancing and realism reasons, there should be a (rather low) limit for turret speeds.

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Had a really great experience with the game. Can't wait for release.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Why should they do this if they implemented just a new option for this to adjust for your wish? Even for BF4. But yeah, there should be a cap like Radical_53 said, where the mouse is behind.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Same here. Customizing and playing. ;)

13. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    So, beta have ended and just today I have learned that you could do this.

[​IMG]

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Damn i found BF1 for 31,99, and they bumped the price. :'(

Has anyone here have experience with a RU key on Origin? i heard it's easier then Steam's restrictions.

I know i know it's worth the retail price, but i have no income atm so i have to make it as cheap as possible.

15. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Origin has pretty strict limitations against other regions. While you will be able to launch a game from anywhere from the world, localization will be limited.
    Most if not all EA games from RU/CIS region are restricted to only Russian language.

EDIT: For Origin, best bet is to try american region stores from poor countries, e.g. Mexican Origin.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    But i am be able to play on every server?

I can always download the english language files and change the language to English.

17. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    I heard about that but never managed to do it or see it , i assumed it was a myth ha ha :D

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    You can play on every server with RU Version. Its just the language, but like you said. You can use english files and edit the reg. Same way like its with BF3 and BF4. I've Bf3 RU, too and managed. For every patch you need the new en files ofc.

And about the price in other region origin stores. Yesterday i looked for the different prices and they're all too expensive. Mexico, Brasil, India, South Africa and so on. So cheapest global key would be in any key store right now. Instant Gaming and HRK have the best prices atm.

For me, its not easier than Steam. Cos in Steam you may be only need to "activate" the game once more, with a russian vpn. You can use flyvpn free trial to activate it again. Especially with Denuvo protected Games, for instance Deus Ex (i've the RU Steam Version) needs after every new patch a new denuvo activiation with RU vpn. There are also some other ways where you dont even need a vpn each time you start the game. "AppID trick" - but thats not for a public discussion.

About the bridge. Weird thing is, if you shoot with tank shells it doesnt collapse. It sure is a nice way to prevent the sniper spam there or make it harder for them to get to the higher ground.
    So the plane only flew against it? Maybe took some damage to its plane and that is it? ^^

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  19. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    People at reddit say that the bridge has a hitbox somewhere in the middle and you need to damage only that part.

It's funny when I think about it, I have played everyday of the beta, I even remembering that I shot a couple times to that rock just to see what happens, but I never seen it collapsed.

I am curious what other destructible stuff other maps will gonna bring.

20. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I'm guessing there will be levelution like that for every Map?

I mean, it's pretty much a staple of the franchise now, right?