Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Nov 6, 2012.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Found my old joystick and using that works much better.. it's a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I'm having some sort of graphical error I think? I'm doing the tutorials and when it loads up the asteroids look normal like what I have seen in video's on youtube, but then they change and look all strange.

Is this normal?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*edit*

This is what they look like when the game first loads.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Frontier have scaled back the visual effects quote a lot since beta. Claimed it was down to performance issues, but rather than add in additional gfx options, they just removed them altogether.

Look at pre-release videos vs what you see ingame now. Its a real shame as it make ED feel lifeless and flat.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Played some multiplayer after learning how to fly... second round had Russians talking to me but I didn't know what they were saying xD

So I take it there is no region specific servers just everyone in the world together?

Team Deathmatch is fun.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy Horizons steam key?

Ty in advanced.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Anyone into this game?

I tried to gave another shot to this title . yet it is hard to play for me. so complicated. why? i tried gamepad. plays bad. tried joystick. plays bad. tried mouse keyboard. plays bad. can't play. and training is so dull. Don't know what to do. game is acting like i am pro.

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Yea i did the tutorials also, was quiet hard to play.

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Hmm quite surprised by those comments, when I decided to pull the trigger on Elite way back I was concerned that the controls would be too hardcore for me but somehow they just clicked and I love the game, especially the flying and I only use mouse and keyboard.

The thing with Elite I find is that its one of those games that requires a little bit of patience and research to get into. When I started the game for the first time I think I spent a good hour checking out youtube tutorials and such. You should be able to google some guides how to set up the mouse and keyboard controls properly like the mouse deadzone and all that jazz.

Make sure to check out this guys video tutorials as they are great! His delivery is really good and he explains things in a way that even newbies can understand it. https://www.youtube.com/user/ObsidianAnt/videos?shelf_id=2&sort=p&view=0

[Edit] Found a video from the guy about M+KB controls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scCQOq2KjIU

and heres also a Steam guide that may help: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=478686362

Obviously you don't have to set things up exactly like on the guides but they might help.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Thank you. watching them now.

and i think iam confused bigtime. i mean this game is like COD? MP only? no SP experience?

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Na this is far more complex then COD.

I think it's both MP and SP.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    the TRAINING is the issue. and looks like i am not the only one. press speed up button , is not a training thing. they should include in game training with correct button map.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Spent whole week to learn this. and i am good now. really not bad. knowing most of the game. Bought HORIZONS too. epic planet landings. who cares with no man sky. this is real deal. and still seems like they r developing and putting new content to it.

who is with me? lets fly together ? no?

12. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    PM me if you wanna free account (no horizons) with some dozens of millions of creds and prob best cargo ship. True fans only. If not so - just say so and be truthful (can't bear ppl lies currently - i'm badly depression-suicidal atm). I'm willing to transfer my account to your email and such. Be fast...i'm prob killing myself soon...

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Don't do that.

Go to your doctor, i'm not sure how much you're drinking but that will be having an effect that you quite possibly need to try cutting back on, or if you've actually just come off alcohol you'll be having withdrawal symptons that'll get better.

14. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    C'mon man, don't do that, all of us had some rough times. I had those moments when I was much younger but everything will be fine at the end. Just take me for example: atm I work some 15 to 20 hours per day, 5 days a week at least (mostly 6 days), 90+ to 100+ work hours per week is "normal" for me, I barely see daylight. But I have someone to care and take care about, nothing is hard when you have someone to care about or someone who cares about you. There is always someone who cares, talk to that person...

Take a coffe then go to sleep, wake up in sunrise and take a walk with gf, friend, dog, cat, neighbour... clear your mind on morning sun.

Just don't do anything stupid... And stay away from stupid games for a few weeks at least, I know how they can even make you feel more depressed.

Stay strong man, you're just 36, life if in front od you...

15. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Tnx guys. It's just my sh*tty pre-summer mood kicks in. Plus "after-winter-alcoholic-period". It's always nice to hear some words of support and such :frown: Sorry for dumping my sh*t here, guys. My bad.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The Thargoids Return!

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I am heading up to my first 50 million in this game, very enjoyable indeed, and the updates and support are nice, but the only issue i have now is that i started playing it on the rift, and now i can't play it any other way as i am now just tuned to turning my head to see menu's and do stuff, and i now find using the joypad for doing this so slowwwww. lol

18. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
  19. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Still not possible to explore planets that have atmospheres? The "dead rock" ones got old really fast :p

20. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    No but I'd rather have content vs copy/paste atmospheric worlds (I'm sure you wouldn't want hundreds/thousands of the same thing would you? Like NMS).