Skyrim Special Edition

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by tsunami231, Aug 23, 2016.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah i got like 300+ hours in and still not finish the main game let alone the extras. Other then certian area that CTD that was fix by the unofficial skyrim patch the game is stable. Only thing pop out as annoying is the fact the some time quick traveling with cause a CTD happens to ??whiterun?? (not sure of it name) More then any other place when using quick travel but quick travel to diffrent location first then to place that was ctd results in in working proper. Or the indefinite black screen, where it should transition to the loading screen but never does and as result requires one to terminate skyrim via taskmanager.

I honestly dont care if the mods work per say, I more interested in if the Free Special edition give to those that got the legenady edition or bought all the dlc. Is a Separate download/ whole new game. if it patch job on top of the skyrim we have then I gona be upset.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  2. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    This ^^^
    I'm running about 50 mods and my game runs good and looks great.
    I've seen the trailer and I'm not impressed.

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Damm dont have all the dlc and it's @£13 or so for the dawnguard etc...

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I dont think it will change at all besides the game being 64bit and engine update. the game will still look dated

5. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    I am almost sure it will be separate game/download that will appear in your Steam library automatically if you have Skyrim with DLCs

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it looked dated when it came out.. for me though the environments will look better cause I only mod character/npc models and textures of those models in skyrim.

So the environment updates to me would be great.

Long as the free upgrade is separate game it all good to me. I might even finish the game, In the 2 3 years i had I still have to just finish the main game. Internal UI scaling would BE GREAT, my eyes cry when I try to read the codex/books on my 1080p tv when I ****ting 6+ feet away.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Same boat, only I don't have any of the DLC.
    I figure if I wait long enough, I'll be able to get the Special Edition on sale cheaper then the DLC is right now. :p

8. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    I have all the expansion so I should receive it for free. I'll find out on Oct 28.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    we will all find out then, things is I want to know before hand it is patch job I want to make backup for the steam install before it patched.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It's a new entry in the steam library

11. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Im so excited for this, skyrim is one of my favorite games and i never had the patience for mods. And ill do the DLC for the first time on the special edition woot.

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I got the feeling Bethesda wants to make more DLC for Skyrim, but they couldn't be bothered with the old Engine anymore.

So now they ported to latest Creation Engine they can use the same inhouse tools as Fallout 4 uses.

I could be wrong ^^

13. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I think its way too late for more DLC, the game is old now. This remaster was easy to achieve and will turn some good bucks from console buyers thats how i see its purpose.

14. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    without skyui there is no way i can play skyrim :(

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Ye, and from what i heard it's very unlikely SkyUI is coming to the Special Edition.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh I have skyui only cause i need it for somthing i frogot what, but I also use Skyui away

I am hoping special edition has ui scaling

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index...to-know-when-converting-standard-mods-to-sse/

Modding and SSE. :)

18. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    That's quite surprising even if it only takes opening in CK and resaving. Nevertheless, it seems like they didn't particularly care about mods when they updated Skyrim. That list looks like their own solution to bring the vanilla assets up to the FO4-SSE without a need to reconsider the code too much, only leaving some simple if plentiful manual work to convert the assets. This just happens to serve most mods in theory, probably, but considering great many mod authors have no doubt move on a long time ago, it's a slim comfort.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hmm .. most of my mods were immersion and "fixing" mods like better environment, water, thunder sounds, maps, quest markers, unofficial patches, etc.
    It's been nearly 4 years, I have to find them all and hope they've been updated if I am to play this lol. Too much work :p I also have witcher 3 installed and unplayed for months.

They must have shifted to that weird bethesda.net from steam workshop. I'm absolutely not interested in creating yet another account and I'm not a fan of nexus ... meh.

I completely lost interest after the civil war quest line ended but I still got 55 hours out of the original. Not sure if I will play this but free is great.

20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Heh same as me then.