CSGO Stuttering (High DPC latency with NVIDIA Drivers(?)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by paskanmyivat, Jun 3, 2014.

1. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Hmm...

I will suggest you to use the software that tweak the powerplan setting by using PowerCFG, which is real-time and also easy to restore by just reset the powerplan etc.

Or cause before using this, remember to use coderbag one to restore it back to original "Max" setting, so the core-parking settings will works again.

You can also just tick the "Show park settings in Power Options", so you can just going into Power Plans setting and change it nicely.
    And also create difference PowerPlans with difference core-parking setting etc, for much easier to switch to difference core-parking setting by just changing the Power Plan too, if you found forcing it to max is better than disable it.:)

http://bitsum.com/about_cpu_core_parking.php
    ---
    And ya, for the test, I would said that better test it again after using PowerCFG or Power Plan setting, as the coderbag one will affect all settings about core-parking, or the whole powerplans if it is worst.

2. Godbless

Godbless Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti
    Tried this when I got home, still no luck. I dont know if it made any difference. My average after each demo goes from 200->160->145 fps. I dunno why. I have an i5-2500K, Geforce GTX 650 Ti. I would this is more than capable of hitting >200+ fps consistently.

3. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Hmm, it can be the optimize of CS:GO?
    Because games can memory leak and getting lower FPS for running long time.

4. Godbless

Godbless Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti
    Old bump but yeah CSGO is known for memory leak. Why does the fps drop improve if you start task manager and alt tab out then in and it instantly improves for a little while? Why would sleep mode completely fix it ?

If a game has memory leak would buying more RAM help?

Could it be my sata harddrive dying?

5. Godbless

Godbless Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti
    I also tried disabling my sound card and I still had fps drop in a 32 man deathmatch server down to 20-30 fps after leaving the game on for about 30min

6. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Not sure, but if I am right, after you alt tab or standby, the memory that still on control are being released, including the graphic card memory if you standby, but the leaked data still there, so it return back to normal after awhile.

Normally if the game has memory leak, buying more RAM might not helpful(I am playing Planetside 2 and WoT, which also like to leak the memory..), and you may use some software to monitor did the Page File usage got increase or not, so you will know did your RAM is no enough for handle the leaked memory, and the stutter is caused by read/write of Page File or not.:)

7. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    I doubt this is quite correct. What normally happens when you alt-tab / go windowed from full screen (changing resolution) is some of the graphics engine and often the sound engine for the game will be reinitialised as it adjusts to your new resolution. This often involves freeing up the memory used and reallocating it. So if there is a memory leak in either pipeline then it becomes less of a problem... for a while :)

Of course the leak / issue may be caused by the driver and not the game.

There is definitely something up with the recent drivers as I experience stutter once every few minutes for about half a second, on two different motherboards with two different windows installs (5960x, 16GB, 780gtx sli)

8. Godbless

Godbless Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti
    I came across a reddit link and someone had suggested decreasing my system audio quality to DVD Quality (I think its like 16 Bit, 44000 Hz or something) and it seems to have removed the fps drop. I am a bit surprised though since my Creative ZX soundcard should be more than enough for CS:GO and the problem was still there even when I disabled my sound card...

I still need to do some testing on 32man deathmatch servers but will update thread when I get a chance. Let me know if this solves anyones problems.

9. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    No reason to use above 44/48 khz on a gaming machine anyways since thats the sample rate games use. 24-bit 48khz if you wish.

10. sfektsz

sfektsz Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 770 2GB
    Is it possible for a Sound Card and/or its drivers to cause issues like this? I've experienced stutters/fps drops before, but happens on random parts of maps (ex: when looking at the pond in B site on de_inferno). I tried 3 different drivers for the Asus Xonar DGX, drivers from the CD, Asus Website, and Third Party Drivers. My game goes from holding 299 fps on 1920x1080 constant, to 120-180 fps spiking constantly. I removed my sound card and the software, and everything went back to normal. Just curious how hardware/software could affect my game that much.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Any device driver that was implemented with bugs or with violations of Windows` default driver patterns can cause such troubles.

12. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    CS GO uses the old EAX for 3D sound I think which can be associated with some bad performance drops on third party cards. Have a search for console commands to see if they make any difference to the performance. Lots of posts around like this one http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/648817378173357383/ that say to enable 'legacy sound for better performance

13. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
  14. sfektsz

sfektsz Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 770 2GB
    yeah I've messed with all of those, someone told me it was a DPC issue, which i'm not quite knowledgeable in that area. Kind of ****ty, was excited to hear the difference the sound card made with my Sennheiser PC 350's :bang:

15. procsa

procsa Guest

GPU:
    TI
    Why only 21s test ?

Check frametime.

16. procsa

procsa Guest

GPU:
    TI
    Frametime spikes in csgo :

[​IMG]

17. paskanmyivat

paskanmyivat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    its 21min 27sec (test time)

18. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Are you on windows 10 REDSTONE 2?

As the latest release came with a slight csgo fix.

[289]
    Fast ring:
    September 14, 2016
    General user experience
    Snooze feature in Microsoft Edge
    Updated Wi-Fi settings page (Mobile)
    Improving your PC upgrade experience
    Making pin login easier
    Bug fixes
    Fixed the issue causing Adobe Acrobat Reader to crash when you try to launch it
    Fixed the issue causing the Settings app to crash when navigating to Settings > Personalization
    Fixed an issue where Windows icons and text are not rendered correctly on some devices with Intel Atom (Clovertrail) processors
    Improved scaling for full screen games where the aspect ratio doesn’t match the native display resolution, for example, when playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive using a 4:3 stretched resolution
    Fixed the issue where some people would experience a bugcheck (bluescreen) after plugging/unplugging certain types of Kindles such as the Paperwhite and Voyage
    This build improves the performance on websites with changes to large numbers of HTML Elements containing text by improving spellchecker efficiency. This results in substantially improved performance on websites like TweetDeck
    Addressed the largest cause of reliability issues in Microsoft Edge running on Insider Preview builds. This should improve reliability on major websites such as Facebook and Outlook.com
    Fixed an issue resulting in certain links (for example, Facebook) displaying a default favicon in the Microsoft Edge Tab, rather than the logo intended by the website
    Fixed an issue where the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar might show full bars when connected to a Wi-Fi network with low signal.
    Fixed the issue which prevented the wireless network adapter in Surface Pro 1 and Surface Pro 2 devices from working. This also fixes the issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows not working. and other wireless network adapters from third-parties such as D-Link
    Fixed an issue where File Explorer’s “Open Command window here” context menu option was opening set to the C:\Windows\System32 path, rather than the desired directory
    Fixed an issue potentially resulting in the taskbar no longer auto-hiding when a full screen window has focus (for example, when watching videos, gaming, or when using Remote Desktop). Note: If there’s an app that is asking for attention, it’s by design that the taskbar won’t hide (so you can see that there’s something trying to notify you)

Maybe this could help or even the odd's abit:)

19. Vtecquila

Vtecquila Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GTX 1060