Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Bro doom runs like garbage in my 950, I get 60-70fps in both apis but stutters kill the experience in both... and graphically I don´t see anything special, you can tell it is a game designed to run fast on consoles. This Deus ex game I don´t even dare to buy it, this $250 950 has barely 9 months and is already a little piece of crap :bang:

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    That's a very short life span for a 250$ gpu.

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    DOOM runs pretty bad on older nvidia tech, at least I get that impression.

Went from a 770GTX to a 1080 GTX in 1080p and now DOOM just runs at a near constant 200 fps maxed out except AA.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The GTX950...well, it was a mildly decent budget card for moderate gaming (GTX960 would've been better, though), but, your CPU won't get much from it in Doom tbh. That's why you see the stutters, but, fps is high (giving you a hint at what the card is capable of)...no doubt CPU limitation coming into play. It's no wonder you can't enjoy Doom properly tbh. On a different CPU, you would find it's actually playable. I would hazard a guess that even if you threw a GTX1070 in there; you likely would still have similar problems re: stuttering.

5. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Nonsense, Vulkan is several times more processor efficient api than opengl, even then the frame rate is about the same and the stutters are worse on it. It´s not ok to have stutters in an empty room in this game, but then games like f12016, project cars, mxgp15, and GTAV run like butter on the same processor.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I guess I'm one of the few NVidia users wherein the game actually runs better on DX12. Just tried it, and the game is actually smoother under DX12 that it is, or should I say was under DX11. I haven't tried the DX11 renderer since updating the game admittedly, so it may be that it's been improved as well.

One thing that struck me though about the DX12 renderer, is that it uses about 1.5GB of RAM over the DX11 version. This might be what's causing stuttering for some people. If your system RAM is below 16GB, the game might start paging storage since DX12 seems to cache more data than DX11.

This could be what's causing the longer loading times as well. More data to cache, equals longer initial loading times perhaps..

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That would explain why people like myself are having issues.
    I do need to upgrade, but waiting for a full system one.

DX12 just feels very beta at the moment, GOW4 looks promising but who knows.

I suppose someone has to be the guinea pig and people this gen have inherited this title.

8. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I've looked at youtube videos of your card running Doom (but, with better cpu) and I don't see the stutters you're talking about so I think you have unrealistic expectations of Vulkan, nevermind OpenGL, especially for your system. As I said, if you're getting 60-70fps and it stutters, then, it's cpu limitation. On the other-hand, I have previously posted links in the Doom thread for some fixes for 2GB cards.

9. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh0Wnm03rPw

First video that appears in youtube, at 1:10 he enters the room and slowly takes a look at his left, you can see three or four micro-skips... same thing happens to me, in Vulkan it´s even worse since the stuttering is more fragmented and common like I said. Obviously a software side problem, game or driver.

10. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Does it happen with v-sync on? That video still shows the game to be very playable. However, the gpu is being stressed to the max continually and so is the cpu tbh.

The video below is OpenGL vs Vulkan with an i7 4790 cpu. Shows OpenGL still better than Vulkan for this card (in majority of situations).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6loXWC46BE

Baring in mind the budget nature of the GTX950, it runs Doom "playable". Just be realistic and don't expect too much.

11. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Yeah, vsycn on or off doesn´t matter, besides this is more related to proper functioning than raw performance; unplayable for me because it´s very uncomfortable in person, I never play games like this, like SOMA, another opengl game go figure.

12. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I think raw performance is partly to blame here. Doom runs excellently on mine in all modes. It was also very good on GTX980m and i7 3920xm laptop.

13. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Played the extra DLC available with the pre-purchase. Surprisingly good, luckily not Arkham Knight or Thief short. :)

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that is highly dependent on if your performance is cpu bound if it isnt it wont be much better

15. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    What are you guys talking about?, one can only play games smoothly when your limiting factor is in certain place?. Sorry to break it to you but limiting factors jump all the way around in games, between processor, storage, and gpu, all the time, yet frame pacing problems are not the norm and are known to be caused by stuff like drivers/apis/engines/renderers.

16. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Until you have a better setup to compare, you won't know the difference. Until then, you can only justify your system by blaming everything...apart from your system specs.

Let's conclude by looking at the recommended specs required by Doom;

RECOMMENDED:
    Processor: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better
    Storage: 55 GB available space
    Additional Notes: Requires Steam activation and broadband internet connection for Multiplayer and SnapMap

Now look at your own specs and compare. Done.

17. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Did nobody tell you that system specs are usually set by people that doesn´t have a clue? :giggle2:

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I agree. System req. are mostly BS and not just in this game but all of them.

19. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, you're just going to believe what you want to anyway, no change there.

20. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Isn´t that true?, devs have said it themselves and everybody knows it, you are the one deluding yourself... seriously, a recommended spec should be able to use all the goodies, the 970 isn´t even allowed to do so in this game, and to recommend two processors side by side when one has like 50% less ipc, for the laughs.