CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered - MP Reveal

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Yeah they were and that's the biggest legit knock on COD but I doubt it will cut sales but it would be nice to have them I miss that part.

2. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    3 AAA shooters releasing in the next month/s. I'm interested in all of them but most likely won't get any.

BF1 beta felt like more of the same, different visuals, same game. Before playing it I already knew how the game works in every aspect, that really takes the joy out of it. The series are getting tired to me.

Titanfall2 smells like its going the same path of Titanfall1, good game, not great but OK, sadly will be almost dead in a couple months.

MW, never was a huge fan of it but looking at it, it really feels dated, too fast, small maps, too much random kills/deaths due to map size...

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    They've go and smattered those annoying pop ups all over the screen. Im sick and tired of having viewing spaces covered in annoying popups and damage points/multipliers and messages. Just leave me alone to play the game for petes sake.

Im more interested in the Infinite Warfare mp tbh, i own the OG version of MW1 and thanks to good ol dedicated servers, i can still play mp.

Though i do I fail to see why people are prepared to pay for the same game again when the OG version works perfectly fine and this new version will without a doubt have problems after problems.

I know right. The beta of bF1 has to one of the most underwhelming xp ive had in sometime with bf.

Also, considering BF is a shell of its former self due to having to change to keep up with cod. BF is now more COD 1,2,MW than it is BF.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  4. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    I would without hesitation pay $60 for a MW:1 remake. I don't hate it. Last one I bought was MW3, and I also own BF3/4. Just not into their baiting tactics on keeping up the sales.

5. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    so most here would buy the game for full price, but not when it comes with another one for free (which ever that is)??
    lol, doesnt make any sense. not as long as "you" turn around and give money to companies making their product in china (and not "your" home country).

same with the ps2. i either bought an "expensive" playstation (dvd player) and getting a DVD player (ps2) for free...
    now how many ppl didnt buy a ps2 because they already owned a dvd player?...

6. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    why do the gun sounds feel so cheap?***65279;

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    ...I wish I could just buy this....I don't want the new COD.

8. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    It doesn't look any different to the original PC version to me.

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Because at least BF tries to update the game engine with new features and better graphics. COD used the same engine for what 10 years?

10. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    So looking a little better while being the same game gets it a pass?Don't get me wrong if that's your game then that's fine I just don't see anything earth shattering with the new Battlefield it's still the same game I didn't like before if you get my drift.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Yeah, I thought it would have more of a wow factor.. not just some small gfx lighting, particle and extended LOD enhancements.:infinity:

lol think I had almost better looking overgrown with sweetfx, driver AO and manual LOD in cod4 mw :D

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It plays on nostalgia. Think for a moment. What you are getting here is not Exact clone in mechanics of CoD:MW, just with better graphics.

You are getting all that Those studios broke for purpose of selling billions of copies. And only with CoD:MW skin on it.

So, think about what you loved on that game. Were it those maps? Or way game behaved?
    I can say that for a moment when I remembered those maps in videos, I felt bit of nostalgia. But then I reminded myself that: "Beauty is only skin deep."

13. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    Definantley feel the same, even Battlefront with its uneven servers and repetitive unlock system. Dice need to start putting back in good singleplayer campaigns ontop of it.

14. omagic

omagic Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 1080
    U know what realy gets it a pass?
    http:bf4stats.com/
    http:steamcharts.com/app/209170

These. Both games form autumn 2013. Players made the verdict.

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Let's not turn this into a BF vs COD war.

I like the videos of the Remastered MP, makes me want to play COD4 again! Best MP in my eyes for almost any game out right now, and it looks like they didn't change much if anything in the Remastered version except for some higher res textures and that bloom though! Bloom is annoying, but I can deal with it. :D

Now what I'm hoping is this will spark some interest in COD4 again. The community isn't hurting or anything, but it would be nice to get some more players in the COD4 community again.

16. Lawlzfest

Lawlzfest Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7870/GTS 450
    I loved the original. It was by far my favorite one. I spent hours and hours playing this one. I just wish I could buy it on its own. It has been brought up that people are complaining about having to buy Infinite Warfare to play and they shouldn't because they are willing to pay for the original outright so why not get 2 for 1. Well because it would more than likely be more expensive than just having the remaster on its own. I will not even touch the Infinite Warfare part.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    - Ovrclk.net

18. Deragot

Deragot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac
    The argument can be made here that DICE and EA failed twice after that, big time and people NEED to play BF4 because they could not provide anything better.
    Also it would be interesting if there was a data comparison between BF4 and CoD4, along with all it's dedicated servers. I think by your own logic you will understand why CoD4 can get ten times more passes than BF4 ;)

Also, am I wrong or are we discussing only PS4 videos here. I am pretty sure they are not indicative of visual fidelity and everyone on this forum knows that :)

19. omagic

omagic Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 1080
    I compared both games from 2013... Why would I compare it to CoD4?
    BF4 and Ghosts are same age and U can see how crapy CoD series got.
    Just to be clear - I was a big fan od CoD1, LOVED CoD2 and realy liked CoD4 and Waw but what we get since MW2... Sorry stats dont lie. U can check the steam stats for all new CoD games. Most players are on WaW i think...

Im ot sure but U could add all CoD(MW2, MW3, Ghosts, BO2, BO3, AW) players online and still wont be as much as one BF4 game right now...

If U ask me for my favorite shooter in history id say : 1. RTCW, 2. COD2, 3. COD1 but last years BF series owns the market...

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Add 2012's CSGO and let's see who owns the market.